“Hey bartender, let the whiskey fall” – 2010 F&W Report - 12/8 - 3D Dessert Party

Citrico's is one of our top two favorites in all of the the "World.":lovestruc

What a great idea to have two appetizers as your entree:thumbsup2

I just read the 1st page and I think I love you both!!!

You are a couple after my heart!!!!

SO IN !:surfweb:

We love LTT! And your meal at Citrico's looks great. Can't wait to read more!

LTT is our favorite place for lunch in Magic Kingdom!

Citrico's is great!

I love Citricos. I really wish we would have picked it over Jiko!
I"m sorry you didn't have an amazing meal at Jiko. I really need to not skip it as much as I do for Citricos. I think I had it on the plan for some of my other trips this year and it just never happened.

great review on Citricos. I love eating there.
Thanks! It really is amazing.

Love, love, loved our meal at Citricos last trip. DS had that chicken and wanted to lick the plate the sauce was so good!
Yeah, I think my husband might have wanted to lick the plate too. I was a little shocked when the server recommended a chicken dish as his current favorite since they are so hard to make amazing but this was definately spot on!

Citrico's is one of our top two favorites in all of the the "World.":lovestruc

What a great idea to have two appetizers as your entree:thumbsup2
Its raising for me on my favorites. Problem is now I have too many amazing favorites :rotfl: & not enough time to try htem all

I just read the 1st page and I think I love you both!!!

You are a couple after my heart!!!!

SO IN !:surfweb:
I'm glad you are enjoying it so well!

No update today as I forgot to upload my pictures last night to Imageshack. ><

Just caught up popcorn::

Love your reviews, we are going to try Jiko for the first time on our next trip and your dinner looks delicious :cloud9:

I still can't decide between Narcoosees and Citricos but your Citrico review has made me think that perhaps we should try it. We've never eaten at either before

I always LOVE your reviews so I'm def in:hippie:

Just caught up popcorn::

Love your reviews, we are going to try Jiko for the first time on our next trip and your dinner looks delicious :cloud9:

I still can't decide between Narcoosees and Citricos but your Citrico review has made me think that perhaps we should try it. We've never eaten at either before

I love Jiko dinner! They aren't offering the mac'n'cheese w/ the Filet anymore but from what I hear you can still get it on the side (so maybe if you ask nicely you can still get it with the Filet)

I enjoy both Narcoosees & Citricos. I would have a hard time choosing between them. Citricos has a more adult feel to me than Narcoosees does though and for what we would order - a bit cheaper too. (My husband is originally from New England & I have a hard time OOP spending that much on lobster)

All Stars Food Court

We got back to our hotel around 7:15pm after our meal at Citricos. Since I didn't have dessert, I wanted something sweet & something adult! Before Big Bang Theory was to start, I ran up to the food court to get both!​

009gnj.jpg

Mickey Bar & Electric Limeade

I haven't had a mickey bar in a very long time! I'm glad I finally got one to last me another couple of years. With so many yummy treats in Disney, I find it hard to just get vanilla ice cream w/ chocolate though. I did enjoy it!​

The electric limeade was amazing!​

Port Orleans Food Court

On our last full day at Disney, I woke up way early. My husband had plans of sleeping in and hanging out in the room all day so I went off to explore on my own.

I decided to drive over to Port Orleans to try their 'famous' snack as my morning breakfast.

010as.jpg

I wasn't overly impressed. The inside of them were completely empty and not what I expected for fried dough covered in sugar. I ate one before I called it quits as I knew I was going to have lots of goodies today!

I was a bit behind from being at the World...

I love Citricos, too. Quite possibly one of my favorite meals at Disney so far!

And next time I eat at LTT, I'm totally taking a page from your book and ordering the fried cheese. I love fried cheese, but I felt too decadent ordering it all for myself. But next time, I'm going for it!

I was a bit behind from being at the World...

I love Citricos, too. Quite possibly one of my favorite meals at Disney so far!

And next time I eat at LTT, I'm totally taking a page from your book and ordering the fried cheese. I love fried cheese, but I felt too decadent ordering it all for myself. But next time, I'm going for it!

I hope you had a great trip to Disney!

Totally go for the fried cheese! I mean, you only live once, might as well order the food you like on vacation!

Future World Drinks!

As my husband wasn't with me, I got to enjoy all the things in Future World he doesn't really like. During those 2 hours before World Showcase opened, I got thirsty twice.

First Time was near the Coke Freebies!
016lxr.jpg

I love the watermelon soda! I wish I could get it to take home!

The second time was in the festival pavillion.

Smirnoff (Ice) Pineapple
012sx.jpg

It was like drinking a pineapple. I admit that I do drink Smirnoff Ice or Mike's Hard on occasion at home mainly when the social situation leans towards beer over liquor or wine. I don't think this one is going to take place of normal Smirnoff Ice for those times. I drank about half before I threw it out.​

Would the Smirnoff Ice be better if you added some dole whip on top? Like instead of pineapple juice for the float, use the Pineapple Smirnoff. Hmmm, life's many mysteries...

Would the Smirnoff Ice be better if you added some dole whip on top? Like instead of pineapple juice for the float, use the Pineapple Smirnoff. Hmmm, life's many mysteries...

It might be. However in order to test that would take some mad skills :cool2: with getting the two together at the same time.

Food & Wine Festival Booths

Chili
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shrimp Ceviche[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4.75[/FONT]
017xr.jpg

This booth opened a little early this morning so I decided to see the difference from last year's ceviche. Instead of popcorn on top like last year, it was cornnuts. A much better selection! The shrimp was fresh and had great flavor.

Charcuterie & Cheese
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cheese Fondue with Croutons and Roasted Potatoes[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ace Joker Hard Cider[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6.25[/FONT]

020by.jpg

I like the fondue. It was a little bland & needed more pepper and nutmeg but for something made for the masses I enjoyed it. The hard cider was ok - I'm more of a Woodchuck Cider drinker though.

Ireland
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kerrygold® Cheese Selection[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3.50[/FONT]
022zr.jpg

Where is my butter? I was a little dissappointed in my lack of butter for the bread. I didn't eat the bread in small protest. Plus it looks like someone was already enjoying it before I got to have a taste. I enjoy these mild cheeses although the serving size seems much smaller this year than last.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Irish Cream Ganache[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2.75[/FONT]
023ki.jpg

The best item from the festival for desserts! I love it. You seriously want to lick the plate when you are done to get more of that amazing Bailey's Ganache.

Belgium
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Freshly Baked Waffles with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream $2.75 [/FONT]
024hi.jpg

This was really good too, especially for the price! By fresh they really mean fresh as I had to wait for it to come out of the waffle iron so it was soft and amazing!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee $7.25 [/FONT]
025qm.jpg

I love iced coffee. I drink it a lot in the summer at work. I wish I could get away with drinking this everyday but sadly I don't think work will let me get away with that.

I know this all seems like a lot to have before a French Regional Lunch - however, it turned out to be a good thing.
[/FONT]

so you were at Frunch on October 8th? I wish you would have let us know ... there were 7 of us sitting together no doubt ruining the event for everyone else; you could have joined in the fun. :hug:

so you were at Frunch on October 8th? I wish you would have let us know ... there were 7 of us sitting together no doubt ruining the event for everyone else; you could have joined in the fun. :hug:

I wish I had spoken up but in retrospec it probably turned out to be a good thing I didn't as I would have turned into the table's Debbie Downer. After the salad course, my phone started going off like crazy & I ended up missing most of the courses (well getting to enjoy them at least) due to something that happened at work that day. Dealing with it meant no drunken antics for me and left a knot in my stomach trying to figure out all that needed to be done.

I wish I had spoken up but in retrospec it probably turned out to be a good thing I didn't as I would have turned into the table's Debbie Downer. After the salad course, my phone started going off like crazy & I ended up missing most of the courses (well getting to enjoy them at least) due to something that happened at work that day. Dealing with it meant no drunken antics for me and left a knot in my stomach trying to figure out all that needed to be done.

Sorry to hear that ... we would have done our best to bring your spirits back up again. Or we might have eaten your lunch and sucked down all your wine ... hard to tell really. ;)

I hope work didn't interfere with the rest of your trip ... I hate it that so many employers are bugging people while they are vacationing. People need to be able to disconnect from that crap.

French Regional Lunch

Do you ever have a review you kinda want to avoid writing? This place is my review I really don't feel doing. As mentioned in my previous post, I didn't get to truly enjoy it all. What I did get to enjoy of the wine, I loved. Getting that knot in my stomach after course two however, made the wine a lot less appealing and not able to eat much of the courses I would have most enjoyed.​

027zi.jpg

The place setting.​

029ed.jpg

Row of wine glasses that shortly would be very filled!​

030dm.jpg

Menu - Left Side​

031gm.jpg

Menu - Right Side​

033xv.jpg

Amuse Bouche - Escargot
I tried it but I learned I don't like escargot. At least now I know for sure!

035ur.jpg

Georges Duboeuf, Macon Village, 2008​

036cx.jpg

Poached Egg Beaujolaise Style
I wish they would have made it prettier somehow as it looks like a hot mess on a plate.

038xvj.jpg

Most of the wines - From left to right:
Georges Duboeuf, Chateau des Capitans, Jilenas, 2009
Georges Duboeuf, Beaujolais Village, 2009
Georges Duboeuf, Pouilly-Fuisse, 2008
Georges Duboeuf, Macon Village, 2008​

040dy.jpg

Veal blanquette​

041qm.jpg

Saint Marcellin Cheese​

046zd.jpg

Peach Melba​

I would definately do a French Regional Lunch again as what I got to enjoy was wonderful. I wish I could have learned more about the wines but such is life.

Sorry to hear that ... we would have done our best to bring your spirits back up again. Or we might have eaten your lunch and sucked down all your wine ... hard to tell really. ;)

I hope work didn't interfere with the rest of your trip ... I hate it that so many employers are bugging people while they are vacationing. People need to be able to disconnect from that crap.

Aww :hug:
I'm sure my food and wine would have loved being enjoyed since the couple bites I did get of the last 3 courses were amazing but I just couldn't relax enough.

Normally I am able to disconnect at least. In the many trips I've had since I started working for this company - only twice have I been interupted. Once because my manager misread the date of my return from my husband's work cruise but at least that phone call was on the day we were in port in Key West and dealt with in 5 minutes & this time. I now have a new manager who I'm not sure how it will be when on vacation but seeing as our next trip is a cruise, I don't think I'll be bothered.

thanks for the update, I LOVE French food especially escargot...glad you tried and Thanks for sharing with the pictures...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter