“Les poissons, les poissons!” A vegetarian and a carnivore EAT! *30/4 COMPLETE!!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great update Libby! I thought your costumes for MNSSHP were wonderful, you both looked great! Enjoyed reading about your adventures eating and drinking around the world. We'll be visiting during F&W again this year and can't wait to experience it again. Your reviews reminded me of how much fun it was. popcorn:: I look forward to reading the rest! :thumbsup2

I started out reading your report for specific dining experiences, then had to go all the way to the beginning because I enjoyed reading so much! You are a lovely and entertaining lady :) Thank you so much for including us in your trip. I almost started bawling when you described being overcome at the sight of The Castle! Everytime I think about seeing it again, and with my children, I get choked up :hug:

I have been reading your report over the past couple of days. I love your writing style and I am jealous of your trip!

I noticed you paid for many things OOP so I am anxious to see if you ended up with a bunch of leftover dining credits at the end!

Haha. What can I say, shopping and dogs, two of my favorite things! Hopefully it will fit though. I know sizing is a bit different between US and UK?

Yeah, I’ve been vegan for just over two years now. I’ve never been a big dairy fan, so it wasn’t really that hard to fully commit. I went straight from omni- to vegan. How long has Benj been veg? I can’t remember if you mentioned it or not.

And don’t fret about the zebra domes. I’m not even 100% sure. I just thought I read it at some time.

It is good to know that he didn't have too many issues finding veg food. Hopefully that will be my luck too whenever I get the chance to head over to the World!

Also, I know this isn’t strictly food related, but I just have to ask about your gorgeous hair! Is that your natural color? Or is there a certain dye you use? I need to pick up some hair dye in the near future and have been certain for a deep chocolate cherry shade.

Hello! Ben has been veggie for nearly 6 years now! Crazy times!! Yeah I told him about the zebra domes and he wasn't really fussed, not much we could do about it now really!!

Aww thank you :) Nope I dye it! My natural colour is auburny though so I think thats why it takes so well? And I don't wash it every day, maybe 2/3 times a week. I use Schwarzkopf Live XXL Luminance I think the shade is called Infra Red, hope that helps! :) xxxxxxxxx

Alrighty, I gotta comment again. As a Hoosier, this t-shirt caught my eye! Is Benj a big Pacers fan??

Haha yes he is!!! He's loved them since he was little and he is a huge bball fan - we were meant to catch a Magics came when we were out there but the stupid lockout meant we couldn't!! He has asked to go to AT LEAST 3 games next year if we go for 3 weeks! Bless him. basketball is really not big over here, he's subscribed to the NBA thing online which shows all the games but it's not the same. He would like us to visit Indiana as part of our planned 2015 trip!!!!

I am so glad you cancelled your ressies for TE!!!!

Enjoying a bit here and there for the F&W Festival is what it is all about! :hippie:

I love the photos, and it seemed like you had more fun hitting the food booths than if you sat down to dine.

Loving your reviews!!!

Yesss I was so pleased we did too, even though initially I was a bit wary! I think we probably will go to TE next time :)

We had a fabulous time thank you, would def recommend an evening of F&W feasting instead of an ADR :) xxxxxx

Great review! I also love walking around and eating and drinking in EPCOT better than anything else!

Thank you so much! :) xxxxx

Eating and drinking around World Showcase is our favorite part of F&W fest! So glad y'all enjoyed it and will return again next year!:cool1:

Yeahhh we loved it too!! Ooh roll on next year, trying not to wish my life away but it's so hard!!! xxxxx

I'm really enjoying your excellent reviews and photos. I love your rating system by dress color. It's very clever.

Aww thank you so much :) I'm really enjoying writing them!! xxxxx

Wait, you have a trip report, as well? Can you post a link? I'd love to read it.

I love that you stopped for a lamb chop while looking for a vegetarian option. :lmao:

Let me think...Aubergine/eggplant? Aluminum? :lmao: DH can't say the American version of that one!

Great updates!

Awww you want to read my trippie?? Thats awesome! I'm not sure if the link will work seeing as it is for an external website but I'll give it a go!

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=565094

If not search 'Ben and Libby's Adventure to Neverland trippie' in Google and it should pop up! :goodvibes One of these days I'm hoping to transfer it onto the Dis so I'll let you know when/if that happens! :thumbsup2

I see someone is a pacer fan..;)

Hehe he is indeed! :rotfl: xxxxx

Great update Libby! I thought your costumes for MNSSHP were wonderful, you both looked great! Enjoyed reading about your adventures eating and drinking around the world. We'll be visiting during F&W again this year and can't wait to experience it again. Your reviews reminded me of how much fun it was. popcorn:: I look forward to reading the rest! :thumbsup2

Aww thank you so much, we loved our costumes too! :) Jealous that you'll be visiting F&W this year, I'll be soooo far away!! Hope you have a fantastic time though, it really is one of the best parts of WDW for us :) xxxx

I started out reading your report for specific dining experiences, then had to go all the way to the beginning because I enjoyed reading so much! You are a lovely and entertaining lady :) Thank you so much for including us in your trip. I almost started bawling when you described being overcome at the sight of The Castle! Everytime I think about seeing it again, and with my children, I get choked up :hug:

What lovely comments! Thank you! Glad you're enjoying the trippie :) Ahh yes seeing The Castle for the first time really was amazing. I wonder if I'll get so emotional next time? xxxxxxxxx

I have been reading your report over the past couple of days. I love your writing style and I am jealous of your trip!

I noticed you paid for many things OOP so I am anxious to see if you ended up with a bunch of leftover dining credits at the end!

Thank you so much! Glad you're enjoying it!! It was the best holiday everrrrrrrr :goodvibes

Ahhh yes we may have done...I did NOT want to use SC's for drinks hhahaa and as you have guessed, we had leftovers! We used them for yummys in Goofy's though so wasn't the end of the world!! :lmao: xxxx

Haha didn't that make this thread even better for some reason? I really don't care about sports, but this kinda made my day. Hahaha :thumbsup2

Lol glad it made your day!! He loooooves the Pacers!! xxxx

Tonys Town Square

We were off to the Magic Kingdom today for the LAST TIME *sob* After much deliberation this was the final plan. We were originally going to go back to Hollywood Studios or Epcot today as I really really wanted to go to the MK on our last, last day. But thinking about it, it would have been a huge rush to get back in time for the Magical Express and everything and I would rather have had a relaxing morning on the Friday and go to the MK on Thursday. It was quite emotional though, I knew I was going to get upset

We also had a spare TS credit left after cancelling Teppan Edo the night before and we wanted to use it today as we were planning to visit Wolfgang Puck Express Friday morning which is a CS credit. We discussed options and wary of our big Anniversary dinner at Narcoosee’s at 7pm we thought breakfast might be best. I quite fancied breakfast at Kona but we didn’t feel like getting up early and trekking on over so I suggested an earlyish lunch at an MK restaurant. It was a toss up between Tony’s Town Square and the Plaza but we plumped for Tonys because the menu sounded fab. I know it doesn’t always get great reviews but we love Italian food! Well, fake American-Italian food!! I used the mobile ADR system which was actually amazing, so easy to use! We had our 12.30pm ADR confirmation in no time and I did a screenprint of it in case I couldn’t get Wifi in the park and could just pull the image up from my phone pictures. Excellent!

We spent the morning in the MK doing our favourite rides again and meeting characters, most notably Mickey and Minnie!! The legends!! I was desperately trying not to think about the fact that it was our last day and just enjoy every single minute.

At about 12.20 we headed into Tony’s to check in. The check-in area was really nice with a big curved sofa and we were seated after about 5 minutes :)

P1020025.jpg

Cute!

Our server here was really weird :/ We couldn’t put our finger on why, she just was!! I really can’t remember exactly what she did but a few times throughout the meal we just looked at each other like, “did she actually just say/do that!?” Like when she came to take our order I said we weren’t quite ready and could we have another minute or so (I’m soooo indecisive, takes me ages to decide what to order even when I’ve been looking at the menu for a year…in my defence Tony’s was unplanned so I wasn’t prepared!!) and she sighed really dramatically and flounced off! Then when she came back she was like, “dare I ask!?” chill out love there’s like 2 other tables in here :/ We really weren’t sure what to think, we are a very sarcastic couple and love a dry sense of humour but I don’t think she was joking!! :/

Anyway. We were sat in a really cute booth and we loved the décor of the place, lots of Lady and the Tramp references everywhere obviously which is always nice to see, I love that film so much :)

P1020036.jpg

P1020031.jpg

P1020032.jpg

P1020026.jpg

P1020027.jpg

“No babe, nice and high like this!!”

P1020030.jpg

We avoided starters seeing as it was only lunch and we were using our credits up and went straight onto mains, after ordering diet cokes all round.

P1020035.jpg

P1020038.jpg

After much deliberation as I was seriously stuck between ordering this and the meatball sliders, I decided to go for the Chicken Florentine Calzone - Chicken, spinach, caramelized onions and Mozzarella. I loved the sound of the parmesan crisps which our server had told us were ‘just the best’ when we were discussing the menu. I asked the server whether they came with the calzone and she said no…but she could bring me some on the side, with a wink! Which was really sweet of her and I was really excited to try them.

They didn’t disappoint! They were warm and crunchy and DELICIOUS, my absolute favourite snack is Kettle Chips or any variety of kettle cooked crisps and these were like the best version of them, ever! They had parmesan baked on and sprinkled over, it was a super duper cheese fest :D

P1020041.jpg

My calzone was delicious with big chunks of chicken and a lovely flavoured sauce but it was just a bit meh, something I’d get in Ask or Pizza Express and I really wish I’d gone for the meatball sliders which is something I can’t get over here! There was an adorable old lady sat in a table across from us and I watched as she ate just ONE of her three sliders and left the rest!!! We figured she was stuffed but maybe they were gross haha! I prefer to think that, then I don’t regret my choice!!

P1020039.jpg

Benji chose the Eggplant Catasta (Stack) - Layers of Eggplant, Caramelized Onions, fresh Mozzarella, and Parmesan with Marinara Sauce over Penne Pasta which was one of multiple vegetarian options on the menu, rare treat! This was a HUGE portion and came with a lovely slice of garlic bread. Benj loved this and ate all of it :)

P1020040.jpg

We were actually not too full to have a dessert at this meal so we decided to get a chocolate fudge cake and an icecream and share them :D Genius idea because the cake didn’t come with ice-cream and ice cream on it’s own is laaaaammmeeee.

P1020043.jpg

P1020042.jpg

The icecream was just standard vanilla, nice but elevated to stratospheric heights when teamed with the awesome chocolate cake! We tried to take some photos to show the pairing but only one came out haha!

P1020045.jpg

The meal was covered by the DDP so we just had to pay for the tip. Now, we’d given 20% to every server we had on this holiday as we’d never felt they’d deserved less, even though 18% is standard and 20% is good but for the sake of 2% we just always felt they deserved the 20. We even gave quite a lot more to exceptional servers (Uncle Dale <3 and our servers at Cali Grill and, as you’ll see later, Narcoosee’s ;) ) because we felt they’d really made the meal special for us. However, we both felt slightly confused and a bit weirded out by the experience with our server at Tony’s and we wanted to give 18%. We even worked it all out and put the cash down…then we just changed our minds and gave 20% haha!! Even though she probably didn’t deserve it, oh well. We’re on holiday!! :laughing:

The Verdict

A lovely meal but to be honest not really anything special – we much preferred the food at Olive garden! I wasn’t expecting great things from Tony’s as I feel it doesn’t get very good reviews but we were happy with it and would go again :)

A pink!

Screenshot2012-01-25at151341.png

(I felt like I should add this in as although it isn't about dining, lots of people have said they've enjoyed all the non-dining bits as much as food so I thought I'd add it in to give you a better idea of how I was feeling on our last day :()

After our lunch at Tony’s we did a few more rides and then decided to do a circuit of the park on the train. This was really cute and fun although we couldn’t see huge amounts of the park! Once we’d done the full circuit we got out at Main Street again and went to stand on the platform, looking over the square and down into Main Street.

It was at this point that I lost it a little bit and could no longer fight the hot tears that had been threatening to appear since we’d woken up that morning. Looking over the park toward the castle that I’d been so happy to see 7 days ago and not knowing when I’d get to see it again, it was just too much and I started crying :( Not tears of joy like I had on our first morning in the Magic Kingdom but horrible, uncontrollable real tears :(

Ben noticed I was crying and pulled me into his arms for a big hug and we just stood there for ages on the platform, looking out toward the castle. I felt so despairing; I knew we wouldn’t be able to afford to come back anytime soon and I didn’t want to go home and go back to reality. It was a horrible feeling and I cried and cried and cried.

Ben told me to think about all the fun we’d had but it was no good, no amount of fun could have prepared me for that feeling when you know you’re going home tomorrow. Theres just something about that place, that park, that makes it so difficult to leave, not knowing when you’ll be back. I didn’t cry when we left DLP, didn’t cry when we left Homewood or Hard Rock Hotel and I certainly don’t cry when other holidays come to an end. Just the Magic Kingdom. I was so happy that it was our first and last park though and my final memory will be standing on that platform looking out at this glorious scene:

P1020054.jpg

P1020055.jpg

Only, in my mind, the park is completely empty and it’s just me and Ben and that is the way I like to remember it :)

After quite a while on the platform Ben gently asked me if there was anything else I wanted to do and I said no, just go I think. I managed to compose myself a bit, I think my cry had been quite healing and I quietly accepted that it was time to go.

We turned to leave and I turned round and said “See ya real soon” and we walked down the stairs, through the tunnel and out of the exit :( We walked back in silence and I started crying a tiny bit again and then Ben blurted out ‘Ohhh I’ve got the biggest lump in my throat” which really made me laugh and cheered me up a bit that he was feeling the same as I was, we had a little hug and I felt better :) By the time we got to the busstop I had stopped crying and was even feeling slightly silly, I swear the MK is like a vortex of emotion that sucks you in as soon as you enter but it does not extend to the bus stops!! Snapped back to reality haha.

Having had a little hug I started to feel a little happier, after all tonight was our big Anniversary meal, a meal I had been looking forward to for an unthinkably long time in a resort I had also wanted to visit for an unthinkably long time!! That’s right kids, Narcoosees at the Grand Floridian :) :) We had big plans for that afternoon, starting with CHAMPAGNE on our balcony!! And then we were determined to have our drinks in DTD and then it was off to the GF for what we hoped would be a wonderful evening.

Coming up...our Anniversary dinner at Narcoosees!!!!!!

Narcoosees Dinner - Part 1

When we got back to SSR chilled out on the bed for a little bit before Ben ventured downstairs to ask about an ice bucket for our champers (remember it was in my gift basket?) While he was gone I made a valiant attempt to tidy up our room a bit and organize our many souvenirs into bags. We had bought sooooo much stuff!! We had also accumulated a lot of stuff that I wanted to keep haha, park maps, leaflets, room info, resort info, pens, napkins…nothing was too unimportant for me to take home!! We also had the issue of the sheer amount of food we’d bought and I was adamant that it was all coming home with us!! After opening the cupboards and looking at all the food I pretty much gave up and just decided to do it on Friday.

Benji came back up about 5 minutes later with an ice bucket! Great success! We got the champers in there straight away and settled down on the balcony to wait for it to chill. I painted my nails and we chatted.

P1020063.jpg

P1020064.jpg

P1020066.jpg

When we could wait no more (about 5 minutes) we decided to crack it open. What followed was possibly the funniest moment of my life and luckily I filmed it!! We always film each other opening bottles it’s a bit of a weird thing we have, maybe because we rarely have expensive enough wine/champagne that warrents opening, we are more screw top people!!

heres the video. Seriously, hilair.

(DISCLAIMER: I don't actually think I sound anything like this. Why is my voice so high pitched!? I think it's because I was trying to be quietish. It's weird. In my head I have a really low voice. In fact since watching our holiday videos back I've been trying really hard to lower it!!

On the other end of the spectrum Ben would like to add that his voice is not actually this low and he thinks it is normally higher.

To summarise we aren’t impressed with this video at ALL but it's the only one that exists of the champagne popping...)

Once we’d recovered from the laughter (I was laughing so hard my tummy hurt and I still crack up whenever I watch that vid!!) we poured it into my BEAUTIFUL Mickey flutes :D And we added some ice as we are uncouth and I can’t bear anything less than ice cold champagne.

Ben doesn’t reaallllyyy like champagne and this is the second time he’s bought it for me, how cute is that? He sipped a glass to get into the spirit of things and he even managed a second glass but after that he retreated back to the Morgans Spiced. Very wise! I tacked the rest of the bottle myself and I must say it went down tremendously. We spent a lovely hour or so out on the balcony in the sun (I put a cardie on!!) with our drinks and music playing from inside (Don McClean anyone?) before heading back in to get ready.

I donned my extra special Signatures dress again and Benji wore a nice shirt and shorts. I know that lots of people don’t dress up for Disney restaurants in general, let alone Signatures but I absolutely love dressing up and I felt like the occasion would have been ruined if we’d worn park clothes, yuck :/ I dress up for TGI Friday’s haha, just the kind of girl I am :D

We were ready to go about 4pm so perfectly on schedule, our ADR was 7.10 so we had plenty of time for a couple of drinks in DTD.

Noticed these for the first time on the walk to DTD! Adorable :)

P1020067.jpg

Never got sick of this view

P1020068.jpg

P1020069.jpg

Our first stop was the Hole in the Wall bar (inbetween Raglan Road and Cookes of Dublin) as Benj had noticed the other day that they had a Happy Hour between 3 and 7 every day, $2 off beer and wine wooo! I got a wine and Benji got a beer and we sat at the bar as the tables were quite busy, enjoying our drinkies. Really nice atmosphere there with music playing :)

After our drink there we headed over to Paradiso 37 because we liked the look of it from the outside. On the way we took the time to have another little wander round DTD because it really is awesome :)

We were not disappointed by the inside of Paradiso 37, it was fabulous! With a huge bar containing 37 types of tequila!!!

We headed to the bar and I ordered a glass of rose since I had started the night on wine at the previous bar (and champagne is kind of wine I guess!?) and nipped to the toilet while we waited. When I got back Ben was all giggly and he said that the bartender had asked him when he was going to marry me! Haha! Cute :D Benji got a Mojito (or is it a margarita!?)

P1020071.jpg

and the bartender offered to take a photo of us :) Didn’t hold the camera up but I’ll let her off. Check us out with our Anniversary badges on :D :D

P1020070.jpg

We sat at the bar savoring our drinks while it started to get dark outside. At about 6.00 we decided we should probably walk to the bus stop and make our way to the Grand Floridian. Excitement!!!

As we walked on the bus the driver came on the announcer thingy and said “Happy Anniversary you guys!!” which was just the cutest thing ever and really made us happy. It’s the little touches at Disney which just make your whole night I think.

We thanked the driver and got off to see the Grand Floridian standing proudly in front of us. What a beautiful, amazing resort!! It’s so lovely! We headed into the main building first because we had a bit of time before our ADR and I was dying to see the foyer. It is so pretty. So grand!!

P1020072.jpg

P1020073.jpg

P1020074.jpg

After we’d had our little explore we found a map and saw that it was not far to get to Narcoosees, I’d read reports that it was hard to find but we found it easy and well signposted.

P1020076.jpg

Pretty lit up Grand Flo

P1020080.jpg

P1020078.jpg

What a beautiful building! I don’t seem to have a photograph of the outside though... (*coughchampagneandwine*)

We headed inside and were greeted by a lovely CM who wished us Happy Anniversary and said there was about a 10 minute wait and would we like to wait on the balcony? Ummmm yes please! So we went out the little side door out onto the balcony that goes all the way round the little restaurant. Really amazing views here, didn’t realize how much we’d be able to see! I took some photos but as standard they didn’t come out amazingly.

P1020081.jpg

P1020083.jpg

P1020084.jpg

P1020086.jpg

P1020099.jpg

We had barely been out there 5 minutes when we were told our table was ready. Excellent!

Continued in Part 2...

Narcoosees - Part 2

We were led inside to a PERFECT TABLE, a table I was hoping for!! Right against the window, opposite the MK with an amazing view!! Arghhhh it was brilliant! We were very very pleased Our server came over to introduce himself and it w….as then that our night really started to go amazingly!

Our server was Amir (possibly Amer?) and he was just perfect – kind, funny, attentive, knowledgeable…I sound like I’m describing a blind date haha but he was that awesome!!

He introduced himself, wished us Happy Anniversary and produced two Happy Anniversary badges from behind his back! Adorable! He asked us how long we’d been married (!) and we were like noooo no no no we’ve been going out for 7 years and he laughed and was like “Oh right, was gonna say!” haha!He then took out a pen and wrote “Libby’s 7th” and “Ben’s 7th” on our badges! We already had ours on but we straightaway put the new ones on too haha! Double the Anniversary fun! He then asked us what we wanted to drink tonight and produced the menus for us to have a look at. But, not just any menus. personalized “Happy Anniversary” menus with Minnie and Mickey on!!!!!!! I was so excited, we both thought this was such a cute touch and really made our night.

Darrkkkkk!

P1020091.jpg
]

Ooh theres the flash!

P1020093.jpg

We aren’t very knowledgeable about wine, Ben doesn’t really like it and I generally drink whatever is on offer and Amir seemed to understand this and didn’t pressure us or look down at us at all (whereas the server at CG seemed a bit put out that we weren’t drinking wine haha) I just ordered a glass of rose and Benji ordered a Sam Adams. Yummers! We also got ice water which was nice.

P1020102.jpg

P1020103.jpg

Some general photos of the restaurant

P1020104.jpg

P1020105.jpg

P1020106.jpg

Amir then bought us out some delicious sourdough bread with butter topped with sea salt, YUM! I’m a total salt fiend and had to refrain myself from scraping it all off the top and dumping it on my bread so that Benj could try some!!

P1020107.jpg

P1020108.jpg

P1020109.jpg

Every time Amir came over to check if we were okay we ended up deep in conversation as he was just a really chatty and interesting guy, we learned he had worked at Narcoosee’s for like 12 years and absolutely loved it, you could tell he loved his job and was very proud of the restaurant! This made me really happy because Narcoosees gets very mixed reviews with lots of people saying it is their least favourite signature but right from the moment we stepped in I could tell we were going to love it.

We were REALLY GOOD here and decided not to order starters!!!!!! Crazy times!!! There wasn’t anything on the starters list I was dying to try (unlike CG!!) and I really really wanted to be able to finish what I was anticipating would be an amazing main course!!

Once we’d munched our way through most of the bread and had a good long look at the menu, Amir came over to take our order. I was of course torn between various items and needed help!! From the moment I saw the Narcoosee’s menu I knew I was going to order the famous Surf and Turf. But, the dish was now being served with mashed potatoes (the menu changes seasonally) which I’m not the biggest fan of and I was also tempted to order the Filet Mignon as that came with a delicious sounding risotto…as I was babbling about these Amir said ‘Well why don’t we just get you the Surf and Turf with a side of risotto?” UHH YEAH PLEASE! I was a very very happy girly!!!! I ordered the steak medium rare :) Benji was a lot easier to please as there was only one veggie option, one I actually hadn’t seen before and it sounded delicious so that was exciting! He opted for the Fall Vegetable Lasagna.

Orders placed, we sat back with our drinks and waited, taking in the lovely calm atmosphere and looking out toward the castle.

Not long after, our main courses were delivered to our table and we just sat there in stunned silence for like a minute just staring at them!!

So here is my beauty, I ordered the Butter-poached Lobster Tail and Grilled Filet Mignon with Boniato Mashed Potatoes, Fall Vegetables, and Shallot-Red Wine Butter Emulsion but substituted the mashed potatoes for the Gruyère Cheese and Caramelized Red Onion Risotto from the Filet Mignon dish. I also got the shallot-red wine reduction too!

P1020110.jpg

P1020111.jpg

I was like a kid at Christmas, a dish of melted butter!!!!!!!

P1020112.jpg

I took one taste of the reduction and poured it half over the risotto and half on the steak as it was just the most rich, amazing flavour that needed to be enjoyed with all areas of the plate! I reserved the butter emulsion for the lobster and dipped each piece in…then pretty much poured the rest on the last mouthful. I promise you, not a drop of either was left in the pots. Very classy.

This was the first time I’d ever had real, properly cooked lobster and it is without a doubt the best thing I’ve ever eaten. The filet was fabulous of course, but the lobster was just in a different league. It was buttery, sweet and tender and I savoured every mouthful. The veggies were lovely too, perfectly cooked and a nice accompaniment to the rich meat and sauce.

Phewf! Can you tell I liked this dish!?!?

Check out Benji’s beautiful dinner. Doesn’t that look amazing!?

P1020114.jpg

P1020113.jpg

This was a perfectly cooked lasagna, a huge portion, stuffed with roasted vegetables like courgette, pepper, onions and butternut squash and also spinach I think. It was all bound together in a flavourful tomato/cheese sauce and topped with extra cheese that was mega crispy! It was sat in a crazily vibrant bright green sauce that turned out to be pea sauce. Just incredible. He ate every single last bite of his as well!!

Amir came over half way through to ask how we were doing and we asked him loads about the food and I was gushing quite a lot about it all and he seemed really pleased bless him.

All too soon I realized my plate was empty! Nightmare!! Luckily I still had a tiny bit of room for dessert, PHEW! Just a tiny bit though.

I had to order the Almond Crusted Cheesecake!! HAD TO!! Look how beautifully it was presented to me :)

P1020115.jpg

It came with a lambert cherry sauce and it was absolutely to die for! I was so full I thought I might keel over but I managed to force down most of it, the almond crusting gave an amazing crunch to the cheesecake, perfectly complimenting the sweet, rich creamy insides. Mmmm. I ate it with the cherry sauce and it was grand.

Ben pulled a bit of a wildcard here and chose the cheeseplate! Which was really exciting as I’d wanted to see a signature cheese plate but I didn’t think I’d get to! Unfortunately the alcohol had caught up with me quite a lot at this point and while I was having an absolute whale of a time, I don’t think I even tried the cheese so I can only give you a picture and the description! He really enjoyed this though, a bit of a treat. Neither of us have huge sweet tooths, I often find I need something sweet after dinner but I normally only need a couple of bites and then I’m done so it was nice to find we could order cheese as a dessert if we fancied.

Artisan Cheeses - Humboldt Fog, Fourme D'Ambert, and Pleasant Ridge Reserve with accompaniements

P1020118.jpg

While we were enjoying our desserts/trying not to be sick, Amir came over with a surprise!!

P1020119.jpg

How amazing is that :) He set them down and said “Happy Anniversary, I wish you seven more years of happiness!” I’m surprised I didn’t cry actually, must have been the alcohol numbing my emotions!! So, more champagne for me! As this was a beautiful restaurant and we were enjoying a night out Benji drank all of his champagne and said he even enjoyed it :) Once we’d eaten all we could of our desserts it was coming up to 9.30 and Amir came over and advised us that Hallowishes would soon be starting if we wanted to watch it from the balcony. Perfect timing!! So a 7.10 dinner means you can watch Hallowishes after dinner if you wondered! No starters though, but then Wishes is normally not on til 10 so you’d be fine!

It was fabulous to stand out on the balcony, champagne in hand, watching Hallowishes for the 3rd and final time :) Such a fantastic show and amazing to have seen it from three different angles!! There were lots of other people out on the balcony but plenty of room for us all to stand and see everything.

Once the show was finished we went back inside to pay for our delicious dinner. We decided to give Amir a super duper big tip because we felt he had just gone above and beyond as a server and we had really enjoyed hearing about his life and his job at Narcoosee’s and just his company in general!

He was really pleased and thanked us lots, he then made my night even more as I asked if we could keep the personalized menu’s and he said he could do one better than that and disapperared for a second, returning with two new personalized menu’s for us in a Narcoosee’s envelope!! What a lovely, special memento of our night.

We said goodbye to Amir and I took one last look around the restaurant before we headed back out into the grounds of the Grand Floridian.

We had planned to go to Jellyrolls after dinner but we were both too tired and fulllll so we got the bus back to SSR. We chilled on the balcony for a while longer before retiring to bed for the last time :(

The Verdict

What a fantastic night! Narcoosees was absolutely INCREDIBLE and of course it gets a wedding dress!! We will definitely be returing in 2013, cannot wait to have that lobster again!!!

Screenshot2012-01-25at151318.png

I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed your review. I was totally tearing up thinking about YOU tearing up, haha! I want you to be able to go back again soon, you guys are just so sweet!

I'm getting misty eyed reading about your last day at MK. I'm glad I'm not the only one who cries at the prospect of leaving Disney World at the end of vacation. :goodvibes

Loved your Narcoossee review! DH and I ate there for the first time on our honeymoon and had such a wonderful experience. We ate there again for our first anniversary and it was just as good the second time. I'm so glad you enjoyed it there too because I read so many negative reviews for it and it makes me kind of sad that not everyone has a great experience there. I seriously dream about the almond cheesecake! It might be the best dessert in WDW.

Thanks for posting the link to your trip report as well! I'll definitely have to read along on there too! :goodvibes

Yay! Loved loved loved your Narcoossee's review - sounds like one of the nicest meals ever. We were disappointed there last summer (mainly because of a dreadful server), but from everything I've seen they've stepped things up in a variety of ways, from the food to the service. Now I'm more tempted than ever to return. :) Your description of the almond-crusted cheesecake makes me want to order it again, even though I didn't love it when I got it. :laughing:

Great reviews, as usual. I've never really read dining reviews before and I'm so glad to have read these. I hope you guys get back to WDW soon. I always get sad leaving, but I imagine it would be even more depressing if there was an ocean between me and WDW. :hug: You two are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing your trip.

ETA: This is a silly thing to mention, but since this is a thread about food, here goes: I'm a vegetarian as well and many years ago I did a study abroad semester in London. One of my most prominent memories of my time there was eating vegetarian Ramen noodles from Sainburys all.the.time. I don't know what they put in those things, but they were so good (at least to a college student, lol).

What a wonderful review of Narcoosees :goodvibes

It's nights like this that you will remember forever, what a fab way to celebrate 7 years together :hug:

I'm alway so happy to see when you put up some new reviews. I'm sad that it's coming to an end! But I'm glad that you posted your trip report so I can read some more!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter