“You’re in Disney World, what on Earth do you have to complain about?”

JoBird

<font color=7570ff>Proud Charter Member of the Tag
Oh, now see, I’m getting too far ahead of myself. Let me back up a bit…

Floridagame1049-1.jpg

Welcome, welcome to my first ever official trip report!

I say “official” because I have been known to write long extensive Trip reports, and then never post them for fear of losing interest.

But now it’s over.

My one year of research and planning is finished, the plane has landed, we have taken the long drive back home and I can now write my long winded version of the story.

So here- have a few pair of rose colored glasses and join me in this journey called My Trip.

Let me introduce my clan to all of you:

~Me- the SAHM with fanny fatigue from a year of planning a nine day trip to chase the mouse while loading a house up for a move from Pennsylvania to Arkansas while keeping three kids, a Husband and a dog all well fed, bathed, dressed nice and smellin’ good so I didn’t seem negligent while I DIS’ed in secret- heh, heh, heh.;)

~Mighty Good Man, AKA Prince Charming, AKA Daddy Warbucks who soon became known as Daddy NoBucks by the end of the trip. Mighty Good Man works for a vendor, thus the moving around that we have done since we married. He is an Alumni of The University of Florida, and the underlying reason our family is in love with The Gators. He is the Captain of my soul- the love of my life, here to make me happy and tells me so, often. Yes, I am indeed very blessed.:lovestruc

~ MCat, AKA Alice in NoMan’s Land. I call her that b/c at thirteen, she is on the brink of discovering that Mighty Good Man, AKA Daddy NoBucks, will never let her out of the house to date, much less find a man to marry in the very, very distant future. She is the typical first child- very driven, Honors class honor roll type- must get into a great University and will argue a point to the death as long as she thinks you might concede. Last year, she and her history teacher went round and round about the Presidential candidates for this election. By the end of the semester, she had him convinced that he was indeed backing the wrong candidate and swayed him to the side of “her” candidate.
If only she could vote.
I have said since she was small that she will either be a lawyer or play one on TV when she grows up. After our trip last week to Disney and then on to Gainesville and the University of Florida to watch the Gators wallop Kentucky, she now says UF is the school for her and law school is looking pretty good. Poor Daddy NoBucks. His future isn’t looking so bright.:confused3

~ Drew Boy, my son, AKA Future Gators Quarterback Wanna Be- 9 years old and my only boy. His heart is as good as gold and he is a Momma’s Boy thru and thru. He says that one day he will play football for UF, but would prefer that I live on campus with him to keep him well fed. He also says that Daddy can visit on the weekends that we are not watching football OR driving to Disney. Sweet boy.

~ And last but certainly not least, my Belle, AKA StinkerBelle. She is 6 and is the baby of the family. Has everyone wrapped around her rotten little finger and gets her way often. Well, more like always. She has red hair and has the temper to prove it. Just let her have her way and no one gets hurt.

And now that you’ve been formally introduced, I shall begin.

The trip came from me whining and complaining to my MAYer buds on the MAYer thread :snooty: that they were all planning a trip and I wasn’t. We had taken the kids in ’04, and ’05, twice in ’06, and DH and I had just been down in May of ’07 and I was pretty sure that a trip was out of the question. Daddy NoBucks was tired of WDW and anytime I tried to broach the subject, he would roll his eyes.

It was in October of last year that I had a lightbulb moment. I knew that in order to get back to the Mouse’s House, I had to use the University of Florida as my secret weapon. :rolleyes1 It was on a very cold day in Pittsburgh as we were huddled together for warmth on the side of a field watching our DrewBoy take the snap as quarterback for his football team that I said to DH- “You know, we really need to take the kids to see the Gators play. Maybe we could plan a trip for next year. If we plan it far enough in advance, we could go to the game AND go to Disney World too.”

I was IN.:banana: :banana:

His brain started spinning- I could see desire written all over his face. His eyes lit up and suddenly it wasn’t 49 degrees and miserable in Pittsburgh. It was a balmy 79 degrees, he was in Florida and we were in the Swamp watching Tebow take the snap, listening to the crowds.
popcorn::
Hello??? Mighty Good Man????

He looked at me and said the sweetest words…“Plan it.”

The Heavens opened, the choir of Angels began singing—I was happy, the world was right! I was so smart, if I must say so myself.

We decided at first to not tell the kids and the planning began. I received a pin code in the mail for 20% off and although I knew I could find better, I went ahead and booked 9 days at POFQ, our favorite resort.:lovestruc We have to get two rooms at WDW b/c the kids must have their own space while on vacation. Okay, really, Mom and Dad must have their own space. There’s nothing like having two tv’s and two bathrooms. Oh yeah, and I get my own bed. Yee- haw.

At first we planned on going November 16-22nd. But upon looking closer, I was worried about crowds with it being the week before Thanksgiving. We looked at the Gators football schedule and decided that Homecoming was the same time frame that we had visited WDW in ’06 and the crowds were virtually non-existant.
So, October 23-Novemeber 1st it was.

One morning in April, over a steaming cup of coffee, Mighty Good Man looked at me and said he wanted to take a quick vacation. I offered a weekend getaway to NYC, Boston, Vegas, many different places. He said he didn’t want to go to any of those places- the only place he wanted to go was to Florida to WDW, and for me to plan it- we’d leave in two weeks. TWO WEEKS?????????? My head was spinning. I quickly arranged a fast trip to the Sunshine State and the only resort that had any availability was ASMu. We had to break down and tell the kids about our trip in October- they weren’t too happy about being left out of the May vacation- excitement ensued and everyone was happy.:dance3:

Two weeks after getting home from WDW in May, our lives were turned upside down as we found out that we were probably going to have to move to Arkansas. This would be the third move for us in two years. I wasn’t sure that I could handle all the stress but we kept on planning our October trip.

August arrived, we moved to Arkansas, the kids started school- then the Fall codes came out. I tried in vain to apply one to my existing ressie at POFQ, no luck, but I could switch resorts to CBR.
Hum.

I knew that my MAYer bud:snooty: Shelly, raved over that resort, so I quickly asked my MAYer friends who had stayed there. The general consensus was that the resort was wonderful and so when faced with the fact that if I changed resorts I could save over $1300 off of rack rate, I had to move on it. After getting over the initial sadness of not staying at POFQ, I found myself getting more excited as the time went on.

Two days before the trip I was taking the kids to school while Mighty Good Man went for his daily run. When I returned home, he was already in the shower and I went into the bathroom and started talking to him. He was acting really strange in his answers and so I looked at him.
He was pale.
I said “What’s going on?” and he said “Please don’t be mad. I hurt my foot. I think I might have broken my ankle.” My eyes flew to his foot- he was standing on one leg- and his left ankle was the size of a cantaloupe. I almost passed out. I very calmly asked if he could put any pressure on it. He could, but with much pain. We got him out of the shower and dressed and he said he didn’t want to go to the ER- that he refused to wear a cast. I said that we were leaving in two days and he WOULD go to the ER so that we’d know what we were dealing with. After much deliberation, off he went to the ER- I showered and followed him. It wasn’t broken- but he had ripped “something”. He was determined not to let it ruin our vacation. He never complained.

Up next...
we're off!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jo

OH MY GOSH!! What a start to your trip!!! I hope your hubby will be able to enjoy the trip as best as he can (hopefully he will be on a few meds to keep him comfy (but not delirious) and not have to hobble around too much :sick: (I fell & completely tore ligaments in my left ankle this last July & I still am limping - the doc said if I were a running back, I would have had to have surgey but now I'm finally on an ankle brace and off that big boot thing & crutches).

I wish your husband a speedy recovery and hope you all have a magical vacation!

The day of departure, the girls awoke with nasty colds. They were miserable and Mighty Good Man was hobbling around, but our spirits were high. It was vacation time! I made the kids go a half day to school so I could pack up and we went and got them at 1pm. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 5pm, but we had to drive to Tulsa OK for it. On the way to the airport, I called CBR and asked which section we were in. I had requested standard, either Aruba or Jamaica. They told me I was in Barbados. Ugh. “Nothing in Jamaica?” I asked, and they said no. I decided I wouldn’t fight it and go with the flow.
Halfway to the airport, I surprised the kids by pulling out a rolled up scroll and with much ceremony, proceeded to tell them to open it, read it out loud and then sign it. It was a "Pirate Code", a contract of sorts, to help them to "remember" there would be no whining during the trip. I had seen this before on the DIS and asked if anyone had a copy of it. I'd gotten some responses from it- and so I took a few that were posted and tweaked it for my own purposes. Here's a copy of it:

pirate: pirate: pirate:
The Pirate Code
1) Pirates don’t whine. I shall not whine while at Walt Disney World. Not once. Not even a wee bit, even though I may want to.
2) I will nigh do a thing to bother me matey’s or mess with their day. This means no yelling, screaming pushing or being bossy. Savvy?
3) I will follow the course the Captain has set forth for me. This may mean a bit o’ walkin’, without a stroller to rest me weary head upon. I shall be nice and not grouchy when I am tired, asking nicely for a wee bit o’ rest when time allows.
4) I agree to not wear myself out pillaging all day. I will leave the parks, if I must, knowin’ more fun is to come- A Pirate’s Life For Me!
5) Drink up me Hearties, Yo Ho! Not rum, Matey’s! Water and plenty of it to stay hydrated!
6) Aye, and I shall not complain of the Captain’s slathering o’ the sunscreen, so as to avoid ye cursed sunburn. Aye!
7) I agree to be ready to sail when the Cap’n orders, with no complaining or fussin’, no matter how tired I be.
8) For maximum pillagin’ and plunderin’ o’ the World, I must give fair warnin’ of needin’ a bathroom break. When one goes, we all go, says I!
9) I’ll bide me time and get photos and signatures o’ the characters when the Cap’n says it be time, without screaming and shouting, me Laddies.
10) If separated from me crew, I shall go smartly to the nearest Cast Member and ask them to signal me ship.

Those Pirates not sticking to The Code shall be punished by the walking o’ The Plank- or worse- the dreaded Nap!
Signed:X

Of course DrewBoy immediately said he wasn't signing any thing of the sort. He's not dumb, that one!:rotfl: He finally said okay and they all signed it.
Floridagame148.jpg

By the time we checked in and had some lunch, it was almost time to go. We flew SW to St Louis to change planes and when we landed- lo and behold, the plane into MCO was delayed. It was here, in the St Louis airport, that Mighty Good Man and I started sniffling, and coughing and feeling rotten. We had caught the girls’ colds. :sad2:
Groan. We didn’t leave until 10 pm central time. By the time we landed in Orlando, it was 1am—and raining. We retrieved our bags, got our rental car, and drove thru the rain to check into CBR.
Floridagame160.jpg

Floridagame162.jpg

Of course there were no lines---
Floridagame161.jpg

It was nearing 3 am, and the kiddos were being such troopers! When they gave us our info at the front desk, the lady said “We have you in Jamaica.” Hallelujah! I was so glad I called. I don’t know why, but they had changed my section.

We were in Bldg 44, rooms 4411 and 4412, bottom floor, courtyard view. At three am we couldn’t see much of anything but I figured it was going to be a pretty okay location.
Floridagame172.jpg

Floridagame164.jpg

Floridagame170.jpg

Floridagame171.jpg

Floridagame167.jpg

Hidden Mickey!!!
Floridagame166.jpg

Towel Turkey,lol!!!
Floridagame165.jpg

So we got into bed and fell into a deep sleep, hoping like heck the rain would stop before we drowned.

Up next...
The resort, Rain, DTD, Rain, Great Grandparents, Rain, Wolfgang Puck's, Rain, Magic Kingdom, oh yeah and have I mentioned the rain?????????????

Jo

OH MY GOSH!! What a start to your trip!!! I hope your hubby will be able to enjoy the trip as best as he can (hopefully he will be on a few meds to keep him comfy (but not delirious) and not have to hobble around too much :sick: (I fell & completely tore ligaments in my left ankle this last July & I still am limping - the doc said if I were a running back, I would have had to have surgey but now I'm finally on an ankle brace and off that big boot thing & crutches).

I wish your husband a speedy recovery and hope you all have a magical vacation!

awww- thanks- he was such a trooper- he was more worried about me being angry that he hurt himself. I admit, I was a bit angry, but only at the situation, not at him. He did so good and we had a wonderful trip. Hope you stick around to read the novel.:goodvibes

Can't wait!

Welcome to my TR! Hope you stay around too... I see you have a trip coming up! congrats!

Jo

YAY our Jo started her TR.... I'm in....I love the way you write your tr's i feel as if i'm right there.... It will keep me occupied until I go in january..... YAY..... Great start.

YAY our Jo started her TR.... I'm in....I love the way you write your tr's i feel as if i'm right there.... It will keep me occupied until I go in january..... YAY..... Great start.

YAY!!!!!!!! The MAYers are here! The MAYers are here!

I really really need to do that laundry..........:lmao:

:snooty:

Jo

What a great start to your TR!!!

I can't wait to keep reading!!

yay! My OctoNovembeCember'ers are here too! :grouphug: I feel like I'm amongst family!!!!:hug:

Thanks for hopping aboard this crazy trip report!

Jo

Woo Hoo! :woohoo: Jo has started her LONG WINDED trip report.

Ya know us Southerners like everything long winded except our preachers!

YAY ~ JO's got a trip report!! :cool1: And I feel so special to be mentioned in it! :hug:

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Awww- so glad you're here- and of course I mentioned you- you're the reason we finally stayed at CBR!

Hi Jo - great start on your TR. Can't wait for the next episode! popcorn::
Hi hon- how are you feeling? so glad you're here with us.:grouphug: :snooty:

Jo

Woo Hoo! :woohoo: Jo has started her LONG WINDED trip report.

Ya know us Southerners like everything long winded except our preachers!

LOL- in and out in 45 minutes, girl.:lmao: Glad you're hear for the, um, sermon.

:rotfl2:

Jo

YAY most of the mayers are here to cheer on our Jo.... really can't wait to read more.... but get that laundry done... that is what i'm doing now.... ugh... i hate it....

football team that I said to DH- “You know, we really need to take the kids to see the Gators play. Maybe we could plan a trip for next year. If we plan it far enough in advance, we could go to the game AND go to Disney World too.”

I was IN.

LOL!

I'm totally subbing in!!!! Shelly recommended your TR and since I love TRs I'm totally glad she did!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I live in Gator Land...well about 2 hours west in Pensacola, but close enough!! Congrats on their win over Georgia!!!

I'm totally subbing in!!!! Shelly recommended your TR and since I love TRs I'm totally glad she did!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I live in Gator Land...well about 2 hours west in Pensacola, but close enough!! Congrats on their win over Georgia!!!

Me too Me too...a Shelly follower:lmao:
I love the pics of CBR! We stayed there the last two times and it brought back memories:lovestruc:lovestruc:

Oh and the pirate contract was hilarious- I've never heard of it before!!!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter