ºoº Black Friday website for after Thanksgiving sales 2005{10/25-updated}

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
ºoº Here's an email that I received from GottaDeal reminding me of BlackFriday deals after Thanksgiving Day.

For those that don't know, they list the newspaper ads of the different store's after Thanksgiving sales ahead of time and email them to you or you can see them when they become available on their website.

Links to List of Black Friday Sales by Store and Date Posted by gottadeal and Post number

ºoº October 19, 2005 - Walmart - Post #27

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/walmart

ºoº October 22, 2005 - Radio Shack - Post #29

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/radioshack

ºoº October 26, 2005 - Harbor Freight - Post #34
http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/harborfreight

ºoº October 26, 2005 - Walgreens - Post #37

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/walgreens

ºoº October 27, 2005 - Costco - Post #45

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/costco

ºoº October 29, 2005 - Costco - Post #52

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/Sales/Store/ace

Hello Black Friday Shopper!

You are receiving this one-time e-mail message because you either were subscribed to our Black Friday notification service last year or requested to be notified when this year's site opened.

We are happy to announce that this year's Black Friday site has opened at GottaDeal.com. We are once again going to be the only source you need for Black Friday information. Although the first ads won't be out until late October or early November, we have our popular Black Friday message board open (hundreds of posts already this year!) and you can browse the rest of the site as it will display the 2004 sale items to give you an idea of how the site will work this year.
http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com

To make things easier for you, if you wish to continue to receive instant updates every time we add a new store's ad to the site, do nothing and you will automatically remain on the list for this year. However if you no longer wish to receive Black Friday updates, you can unsubscribe by clicking on the link below.

So welcome back, and we hope to see you at the site and on the message board very soon. This figures to be a very good Black Friday as retailers will be doing whatever it takes to meet their sales goals.

Black Friday @ GottaDeal.com
http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com

To sign up for email updates, go to the main web page at: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com
and look for the box below to enter your email.

Get Notified When New Sale Ads Are Posted

Would you like to be notified when new ads are posted to the site? Just enter your e-mail address below and we will let you know every time we post a new ad via a short e-mail message. Please note that your e-mail address will not be used for any other non-Black Friday purpose, and all e-mails sent to you will have a link to unsubscribe from the alert system should you no longer wish to receive alerts. Once you have signed up, your first alert should arrive shortly.
Enter E-Mail Address in box below:****

Sincerely, Ray :)

Thanks for the info, I was just wondering about where that website was! I'm hoping the Ipod Nano will be among the after Thanksgiving sales !!!

PooohBear said:
Thanks for the info, I was just wondering about where that website was! I'm hoping the Ipod Nano will be among the after Thanksgiving sales !!!

I was in Best Buy this weekend and got a Nano for my DS for Christmas. The salesperson told me they are going really fast, so I was lucky to get one.

You might want to buy one now and then if a discount comes out take it back and exchange it.

Thanks! I'm going to need to check that out.

PooohBear said:

I saw on fatwallet today that aldi is going to have the idpod shuffle (I know doesn't compare with the nano) after 10/10 for $59.99.

Well considering how terrible the sales were at Wal-Mart last year I predict they will up the ante this year to get back some of their business. WE went later in the day and there were pallets of sale product all over the place. It was a good indication that they did not get that many people in.

They are opening a new Ikea near us two weeks before but I am afraid to go on Black Friday. God knows what it will be like.

Best Buy was so bad last year we were there at 5:00 and the line was already at least 200 people long..they were giving out slips for the product and I was too late to get the personal dvd player. At 5:00!!!!! They were out of the sale items before the store opened! They should NOT have been letting people reserve the items before the opening. If it happens this year I will be on the phone and the e mail to customer service at corporate.

I subscribed a month ago, but it will not allow me to post!!!!! Hmmmm.

I contacted their administrators....

Do you have to wait or did I do something wrong?

Laurajean1014 said:
I subscribed a month ago, but it will not allow me to post!!!!! Hmmmm.

I contacted their administrators....

Do you have to wait or did I do something wrong?

Did you respond to the e-mail they sent after you registered?? Until you do that you'll receive a message saying you don't have permission to post.

Bella the Ball 360 said:
Well considering how terrible the sales were at Wal-Mart last year I predict they will up the ante this year to get back some of their business. WE went later in the day and there were pallets of sale product all over the place. It was a good indication that they did not get that many people in.

They are opening a new Ikea near us two weeks before but I am afraid to go on Black Friday. God knows what it will be like.

Best Buy was so bad last year we were there at 5:00 and the line was already at least 200 people long..they were giving out slips for the product and I was too late to get the personal dvd player. At 5:00!!!!! They were out of the sale items before the store opened! They should NOT have been letting people reserve the items before the opening. If it happens this year I will be on the phone and the e mail to customer service at corporate.

Best Buy does this to prevent the mad rush to get in the door when it opens. There still is a mad rush but then people that get up early have all ready been taken care of. Email all you want it won't change. They would rather do this then have the cops at every store dealing with riots.

oh and I live in the Twin Cities area where Best Buy is based. This is something that is discussed every year. I wish other stores would do this.

kejoda said:
Best Buy does this to prevent the mad rush to get in the door when it opens. There still is a mad rush but then people that get up early have all ready been taken care of. Email all you want it won't change. They would rather do this then have the cops at every store dealing with riots.

oh and I live in the Twin Cities area where Best Buy is based. This is something that is discussed every year. I wish other stores would do this.

I have to agree...I've been in stores where fights have broken out over people grabbing for merchandise. A few years ago, the female mgr at the local K-Mart was shoved around by a guy who didn't get the Barbie items he was supposed to get. I've seen folks at Wal-Mart rip apart boxed crates to get to the doorbuster items (when the employees couldn't get the crates open fast enough). And I had one woman ram her cart into my side...so I wouldn't get in front of her to get a tv....I was saying "excuse me" to get through the line to get into the store and didn't want the stinky tv. People can be pretty darn mean when it comes to those sales.

I'd rather get in line early, get my voucher for the items that I want and be able to get the items without worrying about some yahoo trying to beat me over the head for it.

My husband & I have praised our local Best Buy Store Manager for her ability to keep the madness to a minimum. They hand out maps with the store diagram and where the "door buster" items are located. They have store employees "work" the line...giving out vouchers (yes, they go in order...so the folks who spent the night, get first dibs), telling jokes and keeping folks pumped up, handing out credit applications (brilliant idea!), and basically ensuring that latecomers do not get in the store before the crazy early bird folks (yep...I'm one of them...before 5am).

Last yr she even improved upon her system...they roped off a huge "check out" line, so folks wouldn't be able to break in line...she also had employees walking the line, answering questions, and selling the BB credit card opportunity (she's a smart one, isn't she!!).

Ginny

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter