ºoº December 1, 2005, Thursday, MVMCP "Cinderella's Golden Carrousel" DIS/MF Meet

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
ºoº ºoº MVMCP "Cinderella's Golden Carrousel" DIS/Mousefest Meet ºoº

ºoº What: To be a child at heart again.

ºoº For Who: Absolutely Anyone that would like to come and enjoy something in common. The love of Disney. And now we are a Mousefest meet, too. See at www.mousefest.org

ºoº When: December 1, 2005, Thursday, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

ºoº Where: Magic Kingdom, "Cinderella's Golden Carrousel" in Fantasyland. Open to everyone, after all, this is Mousefest.

ºoº Meeting Place: To the left side of the entrance of the in "Cinderella's Golden Carrousel" in Fantasyland. Look for me wearing my joker, santa hat:
18721Ray.jpg

ºoº Meeting Time: 11:30 P.M. we will line up for the "Cinderella's Golden Carrousel". Or just jump on the merry-go-round. We can catch up with each other when you get off. Yell at us and say hey when you go around on the merry-go-round.

ºoº Hints: There is a bench on the merry-go-round to sit on, but we can help each other climb up on the horses. And the horses on the inside of the merry-go-round are very short, almost waist high for short, pooh person like me...lol. And maybe we could take turns taking pictures of each other when not riding the ride. Pictures for next years meet.

ºoº DIS Names or other website names, open to everyone, afterall this is Mousefest and (First Names) ºoº

ºoº RaySharpton (Ray)
ºoº goof4tink (Diane)
ºoº Blueeyes101817 (Jen)
ºoº Dan Murphy (Dan)
ºoº JamesD and LindaD (James and Linda)
ºoº Twotoohappy & DD & DD's Friend & Mother
ºoº Triplefigs (Denise) & DH & DS(5) & DS(5) & DS(5)
ºoº landmark (Kimberly), DH, DD (13) and DS (7).
ºoº Blueeyes101817
ºoº Miss Missy (Lisa) and DD(12)

And I will be bringing a surprise to give away to the first five families that are listed above that come to the meet and introduces themselves to me. (couples and solos are family, too.)

Maybe next year I can put my own pictures here of our meet.

ºoº Well, I thought that I would propose a DIS Meet and a Mousefest Meet for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

ºoº Although the MVMCP ends at 12:00 A.M. midnight, I thought that a great way to end the magical evening was to meet and ride the magical "Cinderella's Golden Carrousel". We could pretend that we are kids at heart again and ride the "Cinderella's Golden Carrousel" with the rest of the children, surrounded by all of the magic.

ºoº Also, after riding the "Cinderella's Golden Carrousel" in Fantasyland, we could walk to the front of the "Cinderella's Castle" forecourt stage and watch the "Celebrate the Season" Show at Time: 12:00 A.M., Midnight (based on last year's schedule). Thirdly, we could linger around the castle and soak in the magic of the MVMCP night as everyone else tries to leave the park. As the park gets quiet, we could take pictures of the "Cinderella's Castle" as it changes colors. Then be one of the last few to walk out of the park. Watching it snow down Mainstreet with the MK Christmas tree and Christmas lights in the background.

Would anyone like to attend this DIS Meet?

I'm sure that there will be a lot of other meets that night from the DIS and all of the Mousefest websites.

Last year, Deb Wills of www.AllEarsNet.com and Dave Card of www.*********** and Dave and Jennifer Marx of www.Passporter.com had a Mousefest Meet in the MK Rose Garden at 9:15 P.M. to watch the Wishes fireworks show. This year they will meet from 8:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M..

And wouldn't it be nice if this was the first DIS meet to participate in Mousefest.

You can sign up to get 2005 Mousefest Meets updates at www.mousefest.org .

You can see all of the meets being held during 2005 Mousefest by clicking on my links in my signature.

Sincerely, RaySharpton

Aw Ray....you're gonna make me cry!! That sounds so terrific. I just got a mental picture of a bunch of us, hooting and hollaring on the Carousel, then watching the park empty from the front of the Castle. What a great idea. Put me down for being there too.
Really getting excited about Dec. And I still have my trip to WDW in 3 days to do!!! Guess that makes me more than a little whacky. Thanks for some great meet ideas Ray.
See you there.
Diane

goofy4tink said:
Aw Ray....you're gonna make me cry!! That sounds so terrific. I just got a mental picture of a bunch of us, hooting and hollaring on the Carousel, then watching the park empty from the front of the Castle. What a great idea. Put me down for being there too.
Really getting excited about Dec. And I still have my trip to WDW in 3 days to do!!! Guess that makes me more than a little whacky. Thanks for some great meet ideas Ray.
See you there.
Diane

Have a wonderful, magical vacation. Get a good spot for MK's Spectromagid. I like looking at the Cinderella Castle while waiting for the parade.

You know that spot where the parade passes in front of the castle and then makes a turn to cross the bridge? The center circle may already have people sitting on the sidewalks, but if you look for the holes in the ground in the sidewalks where the Castmembers place the poles to hang the rope. You can guesstamate where the rope will be crossing between the two points and find a place to watch Spectromagic with the castle in the front of you. The parade also slows down to make the turn in front of you. A great place to watch Wishes, too.

Sincerely, Ray

We don't arrive until 4th in the am.I wish I could make it to your meet.Belinda and I will be there in spirit.You guys have a great time and think of us for a moment.Be safe and have a wonderful vacation and meet Ray. Your Dis Pal and Friend Danny

danny1649 said:
We don't arrive until 4th in the am.I wish I could make it to your meet.Belinda and I will be there in spirit.You guys have a great time and think of us for a moment.Be safe and have a wonderful vacation and meet Ray. Your Dis Pal and Friend Danny

I leave for the Mousefest Wonder cruise early on the 4th, too. I wish that I could make your Old Key West DIS Meet again on Sunday.

Thank you, I will, and same here for your meet.

Sincerly, Ray

Blueeyes101817 said:
i most likely will be there!!

Hi, Blueeyes101817 (Jen). I can't think of a more magical way to end the night at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

I may get there a little early and practice getting on the horses. There is a place to sit, but the horses on the inside are alot shorter to get on compared to those taller horses on the outside.

Sincerely, Ray

Hey Dan, Ray....

Hope you guys remember me (Tanya)... and hubby John (JDubbs)...

We missed going to disney the last 2 Decembers...would like to go this year but not sure if we can get the funds together.... we were planning on going down on the 4th....

Ray - My birthday is December 1.... but 11:30 PM is late for us even if we were able to come down.... I have a 5 and 2 year old!

Hi, Ray! Wish I could go to WDW in December, but think this year I will have to skip it. However, I am seriously considering doing the 4-day Mousefest Cruise in 2006, and maybe staying afterwards for the Mousefest activities at WDW...depending on my work situation!!!

Dan Murphy said:

Hi, Dan. I take that as a yes. You can help me get up on one of the horses.

It looks like you are going to have a huge meet coming up.

Sincerely, Ray

Tanya said:
Hey Dan, Ray....

Hope you guys remember me (Tanya)... and hubby John (JDubbs)...

We missed going to disney the last 2 Decembers...would like to go this year but not sure if we can get the funds together.... we were planning on going down on the 4th....

Ray - My birthday is December 1.... but 11:30 PM is late for us even if we were able to come down.... I have a 5 and 2 year old!

Hi, Tanya and John. I'll think about you on December 1st. I'll get Dan to take a picture of me wearing one of those funny birthday hats that they sell at MK hat shop.

I wish that you could be there, too.

I have to have my long afternoon naps, too. It seems like the older I get, the more naps that I need like a two year old.

Sincerely, Ray

NancyIL said:
Hi, Ray! Wish I could go to WDW in December, but think this year I will have to skip it. However, I am seriously considering doing the 4-day Mousefest Cruise in 2006, and maybe staying afterwards for the Mousefest activities at WDW...depending on my work situation!!!

Hi, Nancy. I wish that you could come again this year. I am going on the 2006 Mousefest four day Wonder cruise, too. Doris Thompson was my very nice travel agent at Mouseearvacations.

I am writing a report on how to plan and research buying a Disney cruise to get the best price. I'll email or pm it to you when I finish.

Sincerely, Ray

RaySharpton said:
Hi, Dan. I take that as a yes. You can help me get up on one of the horses.

It looks like you are going to have a huge meet coming up.

Sincerely, Ray

Aw heck Ray, we'll all help!! And of course Dan has a meet practically in my backyard and where am I going to be? WDW of course.

RaySharpton said:
Hi, Nancy. I wish that you could come again this year. I am going on the 2006 Mousefest four day Wonder cruise, too. Doris Thompson was my very nice travel agent at Mouseearvacations.

I am writing a report on how to plan and research buying a Disney cruise to get the best price. I'll email or pm it to you when I finish.

Sincerely, Ray

Ray, Doris is the TA that e-mailed me info about the cruise, too! Their prices for the 2006 Mousefest cruise are fantastic - even for a single! I am going on a Royal Caribbean cruise with my DH in 2 weeks, so will give it more thought. I'll probably put down a deposit after we return. :)

Tanya said:
Hey Dan, Ray....

Hope you guys remember me (Tanya)... and hubby John (JDubbs)... ...
Remember? Sure do. Especially at Chef Mickey's and later. :faint: :hug: Hope you can make it.

And yes, Ray, looks like a good meet, around 40 or so I think. Diane, cancel WDW, stay in Boston. :duck:

Dan Murphy said:
Remember? Sure do. Especially at Chef Mickey's and later. :faint: :hug: Hope you can make it.

And yes, Ray, looks like a good meet, around 40 or so I think. Diane, cancel WDW, stay in Boston. :duck:

Bad Dan, very bad Dan. And to think that you seem like such a nice person :rotfl: I can wait until Nov/Dec to see you. And we will be having our Canobie Lake park meet in Aug. That will have to do I guess. I know you guys, all 40 or so, will have a ball!!! I'll think of you at RFC while I'm at MGM or AK!!!!

See ya all in Nov/Dec!!! Thanks for the meets Ray!! :cheer2: :disrocks:

thanks--im hoping to make it, since right now im still coming alone...just found out my friend is coming home from iraq early, so maybe can convince him to come too!!

Blueeyes101817 said:
thanks--im hoping to make it, since right now im still coming alone...just found out my friend is coming home from iraq early, so maybe can convince him to come too!!

Coming alone is O.K., you will be surprised at all the different things that you can do. But you won't be alone unless you want to be because we will all be here. And you can come and go as you please.

A lot people come to meets alone or to WDW because they are the only Disney crazy person in the bunch. So you may see a husband by himself or a wife by himself.

If your friend comes, let me know and I will put his name on the list, but if he is shy he doesn't have, too.

I look forward to meaning you and your friend from Iraq.

Sincerely, Ray

Aren't you coming to the Dismeet in Allentown?... we are too and hopefully is all goes well, we will be in Orlando at the same time.... you can hang with us....(and of course everyone else)... the people on this board are great... We met Ray and many others afew years ago!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter