ºoº December 8, 2005, Saturday,Epcot's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Show DIS Meet

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
ºoº December 8, 2005, Saturday, "Epcot's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and the The Lights of Winter" DIS Meet 12/8 6PMºoº

ºoº What: "Epcot's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and the The Lights of Winter" DIS Meet, open to everyone, after all this is Mousefest.

ºoº When: December 8, 2005, Thursday

ºoº Where: Between the Epcot's World Showcase Plaza Christmas Tree Stage and The Lights of Winter Arch. Look for me in my joker, santa hat with flashing lights:
18721Ray.jpg

ºoº For Who: Absolutely Anyone that would like to come and enjoy something in common. The love of Disney.

ºoº Meeting Place: The front of the Epcot Christmas Tree stage and about fifteen feet back to allow the wheelchairs and families to sit down in front of the stage. This is located between the Future World and the countries

ºoº Meeting Time: 6:00 P.M., is the starting time per last year's program. Plan to get there about 20 minutes early to get a spot. Everyone is welcome to join us or just yell hello to us if you are passing by.

ºoº DIS Names and other website names and (First Names) ºoº

ºoº RaySharpton (Ray)
ºoº Jdubbs (John) & DW-Tanya
ºoº mushumadness (Anna)
ºoº 7thdwarf/dopey
ºoº Laura Bell

And I will be bringing a surprise to give away to the first five families that are listed above that come to the meet and introduces themselves to me.

christmas_around_the_world_main.jpg
credit to usfhg.
lights_winter.jpg
credit to travelwithtigger.

ºoº Well, I thought that I would propose a DIS Meet and a Mousefest Meet.

ºoº This is a wonderful way to start the evening with Mickey and Minnie and Donald and the whole crew singing Christmas songs leading up to the lighting of the huge Epcot Christmas tree, and the lighting of the musical, Lights of Winter arch.

TIP: If you are buying a Candlelight Processional package, plan your Advanced Reservations for meal early since the restaurants fill up fast.

TIP: They sell candied, roasted pecans, and almonds, and Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Bars and bottle drinks to the right of the stage and christmas tree.

TIP: You can take the WDW boat launch on the left side to Germany to try and make the standby line for the 6:45 P.M. Candlelight Processional after the Christmas Tree Lighting.

Would anyone like to attend this DIS Meet?

You can sign up to get 2005 Mousefest Meets updates at www.mousefest.org .

ºoº You can click on my links in my signature to see all the meets during 2005 Mousefest in December and the 2004 MVMCP Guidemap information.

Sincerely, RaySharpton

Hopefully the date will work for me. I'm trying to figure out which night for CP...either the 30th or the 3rd. I'm not even sure which show I'll be going to. As soon as we make up our minds I can plan accordingly for the tree lighting. It is a beautiful thing to see.

goofy4tink said:
Hopefully the date will work for me. I'm trying to figure out which night for CP...either the 30th or the 3rd. I'm not even sure which show I'll be going to. As soon as we make up our minds I can plan accordingly for the tree lighting. It is a beautiful thing to see.

I'm trying to wait until the Mousefest park days to come out to pick a date as long as it doesn't interfere with any other of their meets.

Every night I go to Epcot, I always plan to see the 6:00 P.M. Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony.

I found that the Candlelight Processional dinner priority seating/advanced reservations part sometimes made it difficult to time my schedule to dine, see the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, see the Candlelight Processional and then get a spot for the Illuminations fireworks.

This year, I will buy at least one CP package, but I will probably eat a late lunch at Le Cellier to work out my schedule times.

I still use the standby line each night at the Candlelight Processional though. Except for Friday or Saturday when I think that the locals increase the number of people at the parks.

Hopefully, I'll see the Mousefest schedule soon.

And maybe I might do the 30th. I think that Spectromagic is on Saturday, the 3rd, and I always consider that into my plans...lol.

Whatever happens, it's all good.

Sincerely, Ray

I would love to come to a dis meet while we are over in wdw.

we are coming over from the uk on 1st december till 16th december

would i be ok to join in with one of the meets, even if i am from the uk?

mushumadness said:
I would love to come to a dis meet while we are over in wdw.

we are coming over from the uk on 1st december till 16th december

would i be ok to join in with one of the meets, even if i am from the uk?

Hi, mushumadness. Especially if you are from the U.K., you can come to the DIS meet. I have a great fondness for various U.K. accents.

I will be there until the 15th, so I will be doing this DIS meet more than once.

It's a great way to start the evening at Epcot. Sometimes I'll walk over to the standby line of Candlelight Processional afterwards. And then, of course, watch Illuminations, and hang around the Lights of Winter Arch as everyone is leaving.

I can't wait.

Sincerely, Ray

Bumping you back up a bit!

Sorry we're going to miss you by 2 days this trip - we don't arrive until 12/17. Have a great time and say "Hi!" to everyone from me!

RachelTori said:
Bumping you back up a bit!

Sorry we're going to miss you by 2 days this trip - we don't arrive until 12/17. Have a great time and say "Hi!" to everyone from me!

Hi, RachelTori. I sure did have a good time at your last DIS meet at Epcot. Maybe we will see each other next year.

Sincerely, Ray

Hi Ray..Sorry that we will miss you by a couple of days :guilty: We will be arriving on the 4th til the 9th..But I will try to keep your spirit with all of us, while we are there for the remaining meets..

Jdubbs said:
Hi Ray..Sorry that we will miss you by a couple of days :guilty: We will be arriving on the 4th til the 9th..But I will try to keep your spirit with all of us, while we are there for the remaining meets..

I'll be there the afternoon of the 8th, maybe I'll get to see you again. I'm glad that you will be able to make in December.

Sincerely, Ray

I will be there from 12-3 until 12-9 and am interested, but am not sure what date you have planned. Debby

webprinter said:
I will be there from 12-3 until 12-9 and am interested, but am not sure what date you have planned. Debby

Hi, Debby. I don't either...lol.

I might do it on the 3rd, since that is the Mousefest Epcot Park day, but I need to see what other meets might be planned for that night.

I will be on the Mousefest Wonder cruise from the 4th to the 8th.

I am thinking about having two meets. I am seriously thinking about having the meet on the 8th, when I get back from the cruise.

After I get more information, I may decide on the 3rd, too.

Sincerely, Ray

Yay!! We will be able to attend. We have MVMCP planned for that night, but are free all day. Count on 3 of us. Debby

webprinter said:
Yay!! We will be able to attend. We have MVMCP planned for that night, but are free all day. Count on 3 of us. Debby

That's great, Debby. I'll add your name to the list.

Sincerely, Ray

Wow, I am so happy I found this thread from your siggy Ray! We're arriving at the Beach Club on the 8th and Epcot was planned for that evening. We were planning on dining at the Coral Reef though at about 5'ish. I think I will just forget about dinner that night so we can meet up with the DIS gang.

Do you think a restaurant could handle an ADR for all of us afterward
3.gif
Hey thats an idea that sounds like fun

7thdwarf/dopey said:
Wow, I am so happy I found this thread from your siggy Ray! We're arriving at the Beach Club on the 8th and Epcot was planned for that evening. We were planning on dining at the Coral Reef though at about 5'ish. I think I will just forget about dinner that night so we can meet up with the DIS gang.

Do you think a restaurant could handle an ADR for all of us afterward
3.gif
Hey thats an idea that sounds like fun

I am so glad that you can make the meet. We should have a great time.

And a meal afterwards together would sound great, too.

Sincerely, Ray

Ray, what is your favorite Epcot restaurant? The only Epcot restaurant we've tried is Rose and Crown. We're game!

7thdwarf/dopey said:
Ray, what is your favorite Epcot restaurant? The only Epcot restaurant we've tried is Rose and Crown. We're game!

Hi, Gary. I like just about all of the restaurants at Epcot. Since I love steak, I guess that Le Cellier is my favorite.

And Japan has good steak and entertainment. Morroco has great cous cous with chicken and vegetables, and a dancer...lol.

I used to buy the Candlelight Processional dinner package and go to the 6:45 P.M Candlelight Processional because it was dark by then. And then ate dinner, and then watched Illumintions.

But I always had a hard time seeing the Christmas Tree ceremony on those nights because of getting in line for the CP early.

Sometimes after the 8:15 P.M. CP, I had a hard time finding an Illuminations spot.

And those restuarants are going to fill up early with all of the CP packages reserved every night and the regular ADR's in addition.

I usually snack on those nights.

But you have me thinking. I'm going to have to figure out all of the times and how to get the Christmas Tree lighting ceremony, and Candlelight Processional show, and Illuminations and now a dinner or counter service meet.

I must admit, I like the Rose and Crown Garden under the trees and next to the lake.

I am a litte worried that the families or others may not be able to spend the extra money on a dinner at Le Cellier versus maybe counter service or snacks.

I guess that I am thinking to much. That's why I pick the simple meets that don't require to much planning or thinking...lol.

I am opened to any ideas and places to eat.

Thanks for the great idea Gary.

Anyone else?

But I am up for anything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter