ºoº December 8, 2005, Saturday,Epcot's Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony Show DIS Meet

Ray, you mentioned some very good points. There isnt time to eat :earboy2: Not with all thats going on that is.
Can the CP be heard and enjoyed from the outskirts of the theatre? According to the tenative intinerary I've started, we will be in Epcot the following night also. What we miss the first night ,we can do the second.
I am also up for anything......Its Christmas time, its a celebration, we're at Disney World....we'll all have a great time no matter what we do!

RaySharpton said:
Hi, Gary. I like just about all of the restaurants at Epcot. Since I love steak, I guess that Le Cellier is my favorite.

And Japan has good steak and entertainment. Morroco has great cous cous with chicken and vegetables, and a dancer...lol.

I used to buy the Candlelight Processional dinner package and go to the 6:45 P.M Candlelight Processional because it was dark by then. And then ate dinner, and then watched Illumintions.

But I always had a hard time seeing the Christmas Tree ceremony on those nights because of getting in line for the CP early.

Sometimes after the 8:15 P.M. CP, I had a hard time finding an Illuminations spot.

And those restuarants are going to fill up early with all of the CP packages reserved every night and the regular ADR's in addition.

I usually snack on those nights.

But you have me thinking. I'm going to have to figure out all of the times and how to get the Christmas Tree lighting ceremony, and Candlelight Processional show, and Illuminations and now a dinner or counter service meet.

I must admit, I like the Rose and Crown Garden under the trees and next to the lake.

I am a litte worried that the families or others may not be able to spend the extra money on a dinner at Le Cellier versus maybe counter service or snacks.

I guess that I am thinking to much. That's why I pick the simple meets that don't require to much planning or thinking...lol.

I am opened to any ideas and places to eat.

Thanks for the great idea Gary.

Anyone else?

But I am up for anything

We'll be there on Dec 3! You better save me 5 good seats up front! ;) Can't wait to finally "meet" you! :banana:

We won't be able to make it to the meet :guilty: Would love to, but already have tickets for MVMCP for the 8th. I do have a question tho. Where exactly is the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony? World Showcase? Future? Thanks. And Ray, all your information threads are GREAT!!!

I was writing out my plans for WDW on a calendar and realize that I will not be able to attend the outing on 12/8 since we will be at MVMCP that night. Are you still meeting on the 3rd, or did that one get canceled? Our plans have changed and we are now flying in on the 1st, so we could meet on the 3rd. I couldn't get the link to work, so I am wondering if you canceled that one. I would really like to meet some other DISers. :flower: Debby

DisneyWorld Delight said:
We won't be able to make it to the meet :guilty: Would love to, but already have tickets for MVMCP for the 8th. I do have a question tho. Where exactly is the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony? World Showcase? Future? Thanks. And Ray, all your information threads are GREAT!!!

Hi, DisneyWorld Delight. I am so sorry that I did not respond to your post earlier than this.

No one seems to every post on my DIS Meet threads and I was at WDW when you posted. And I had a wonderful time, too.

The Christmas Tree Ceremony and The Lights of Celebration Arch Lighting is located between Future World and the World Showcase down the middle of the walkway.

The show starts at 6:00 P.M. and the lighting of both the tree and the arch happen at the end of the show about 15-20 minutes later.

I apologize again for not posting earlier and have a great time at MVMCP.

Sincerely, Ray :)

webprinter said:
I was writing out my plans for WDW on a calendar and realize that I will not be able to attend the outing on 12/8 since we will be at MVMCP that night. Are you still meeting on the 3rd, or did that one get canceled? Our plans have changed and we are now flying in on the 1st, so we could meet on the 3rd. I couldn't get the link to work, so I am wondering if you canceled that one. I would really like to meet some other DISers. :flower: Debby

Hi, Debby. I'm sorry that you can't make it on the 8th, but I hope that you can make it on the 3rd.

I belong to many WDW forums because I love everything Disney. Go figure...lol.

Yes, I am hosting a meet that night also for the Tagrel WDW forum at www.*********** . There seems to be a very large group there that day.

They have a meets forum on the Tagrel just for Mousefest and I have listed the meet there.

I will check the link after I am posting here. I am not very good with computer stuff, and I appreciate you letting me know. I'll go fix it now.

I hope to see you there. And earlier in the day at the Dolphin Resort, they are going to hold the Mousefest Mega Meet at 1:00 P.M..

It's an easy WDW boat launch away from Epcot.

Sincerely, Ray

We will be at the tree lighting on the 8th. I am a newbie to posting here at the DIS, but have really enjoyed this site for more than a year. I can't wait to meet some dissers in person. :wave:

We will be wearing our lime green Mickeys from Home Depot and maybe I'll even wear my lime green DIS tee shirt.

See you in the World - :earsgirl:

Laura

Laura Bell said:
We will be at the tree lighting on the 8th. I am a newbie to posting here at the DIS, but have really enjoyed this site for more than a year. I can't wait to meet some dissers in person. :wave:

We will be wearing our lime green Mickeys from Home Depot and maybe I'll even wear my lime green DIS tee shirt.

See you in the World - :earsgirl:

Laura

Hi, Laura. I look forward to meeting you. I'll be wearing my line green DIS shirt and santa hat and I'll be on my blue mobility scooter, too.

Sincerely, Ray :)

Hi Ray.

Is there a tree lighting you are running on any other days?

Also, do you know we have 2 Atlanta meets, this Sunday and Monday??

Relatively new to the forum, but really enjoying all the info I am finding. Helps build the anticipation to a whole new level. The boyfriend and I are going to be at Disney Dec 4th-9th celebrating our birthdays. Plan to be in Epcot on 8th but have 5pm ressies for Yachtsman so guess we are missing the tree lighting ceremonies. Wondering what the Atlanta meet is though, we live in Columbus GA about an 1 1/2 south of the ATL. Leaving for St Louis in the morning for a convention but will be back Sunday evening...Thanks again to everyone for all the info and tips.

Sorry no one could make the meet. It did rain that day, and they cancelled the character show at 6:00, but had the music and started the chrismas tree lighting and the Lights of Wonder lighting.

There was a very nice couple from the Mousefest cruise that was there, but I can't remember their names.

The weather was pretty chilly too, so I was expecting a big turn out.

Maybe next year.

Sincerely, Ray

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter