‘Ohana Dinner for someone who isn’t huge on spicy

Two questions about ‘Ohana:

1.How spicy are the spicy shrimp and the Szechuan steak? I can handle SOME spice- steak at Chipotle doesn’t bother me.

2. Is it bad to go for the last reservation of the night (9:45)? Will I miss out on the entertainment etc.

Thanks guys!
I do not like spicy food at all, and by that I mean not even “mild hot spicy”.
Ohana is not spicey at all.

As others have said, there is nothing spicy at Ohana. I actually find the shrimp to not taste much at all.

There's not really that much entertainment during dinner- man walking around singing and playing a ukulele and sometimes something for the kids.

Nothing spicy but that is awfully late to be eating but you know your eating schedule better than I do. :)

Nothing spicy but that is awfully late to be eating but you know your eating schedule better than I do. :)
It’s actually my one Universal day (blasphemy I know!) I’m doing brunch at Homecomin’ that day at 10:30 am, will pick up one or two snacks at Universal, and then have our big meal post closing at Ohana. This is our first time on the DP and it seems like one of the best way to maximize our credits so we pay less out of pocket.

We at dinner at Ohana's last May when at Disney. Can't recall anything on their menu being spicy, we all enjoyed the chicken, beef and shrimp which are grilled and the waiter serves them from long skewers. The food was definitely not spicy but I don't recall using any of the dipping sauces. We really enjoyed the food but there are several other threads around where people find the service rushed and not to their liking. We had no such issue. It is good to know they have a fixed menu and the service format, if those are things you don't enjoy, better to eat elsewhere.

It’s actually my one Universal day (blasphemy I know!) I’m doing brunch at Homecomin’ that day at 10:30 am, will pick up one or two snacks at Universal, and then have our big meal post closing at Ohana. This is our first time on the DP and it seems like one of the best way to maximize our credits so we pay less out of pocket.
I agree with everything you said:
  • Universal day - Blasphemy indeed. :)
  • 'Ohana a good way to use Dining credits - too expensive OOP
  • Late meal at 'Ohana - excellent idea after a brunch at Homecomin'

'I love the O'hana Shrimp. I don't eat meat, so I eat lot of it. I don't find it spicy in the least. Grilled to perfection. I wish I had some now!

And there is no entertainment at ‘Ohana, unless you’re referring to the kids’ games and activities. You’re not missing anything by eating late. We prefer it as it’s less noisy once the kids are gone.
AGREED!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter