‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure’ to Open in Late 2024, Replacing Splash Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, exactly, thank you! I've seen a group of grown middle aged women wait in line for a picture with Cinderella and then proceed to tell her how pretty her hair was. My eyes couldn't have rolled farther back in my head as I thought, "Oh dear God, it's a wig!"
My 5 year old was wearing a clip in Rapunzel hairpiece and explained to Rapunzel it would be faster to get ready if she just wore a hairpiece instead of doing her hair. And she launched into how long it takes her to brush her beautiful hair and that a wig does look very convenient and quick. It is one of my favorite Disney moments. But yea, everyone else in the line was an adult...

My 5 year old was wearing a clip in Rapunzel hairpiece and explained to Rapunzel it would be faster to get ready if she just wore a hairpiece instead of doing her hair. And she launched into how long it takes her to brush her beautiful hair and that a wig does look very convenient and quick. It is one of my favorite Disney moments. But yea, everyone else in the line was an adult...
Which can be frustrating as a parent of young kids who are already struggling to be patient enough to wait 45-60min to meet these characters. Sure seems like the waits would be a lot shorter if so many adults didn't take so long to chat up these poor girls in their 20's who are probably rolling their eyes internally too.

I mean, I kinda get it, they paid money to get in the park too and should be able to enjoy themselves however they please, but any parent who's had to wait an hour for your kid to snap a pic which a couple princesses probably feels the same way I do when they see how many adults take their sweet time during these character meet and greets.

Surprised its going to take so long to complete. It better have nothing but animatronics on this new ride, cause the outside is not that impressive. All the complainers on twitter who hated Splash Mountain are going to love this ride that they will never go to ride.

I can't take anyone seriously who leans on a "woke mob" argument (lol) when discussing a theme park ride.

Who knew there was such an emotional connection to a 75-year-old movie that most people haven't seen? Or maybe ... just maybe ... it's not about those characters at all. Huh.

Thank God that Disney is ignoring the wishes of the overwhelming majority, in favor of some cabal of "woke" nuts who, heaven forbid, might complain or protest!
So on one side we have the "woke nuts", and on the other more superior side we have .... the group of people who have whined for two years they're losing their favorite songs and bunnies from a ride?

What a world.

I can't take anyone seriously who leans on a "woke mob" argument (lol) when discussing a theme park ride.

Who knew there was such an emotional connection to a 75-year-old movie that most people haven't seen? Or maybe ... just maybe ... it's not about those characters at all. Huh.

I don't give a damn about the movie. I happen to love the ride, as do most Disney guests, judging from its popularity. And Disney's track record on rethemes/reskins and replacements is far from inspiring.

And I definitely don't want to watch TV on a boat ride.

To all those who are defending this retheme: are you going to stand at the front of the new version and explain to people why it sucks?

I don't give a damn about the movie. I happen to love the ride, as do most Disney guests, judging from its popularity. And Disney's track record on rethemes/reskins and replacements is far from inspiring.

To all those who are defending this retheme: are you going to stand at the front of the new version and explain to people why it sucks?
Again, speaking as a parent of two daughters, they would've probably been indifferent to Maelstrom, but now that it's a Frozen themed ride? Massive hit with the both of them. Likewise for MMRR vs the great movie ride. So I'd say their track record is actually pretty good there. Let's not lose sight of the fact that Disney's target demo still includes young kids.

Nah - I'll probably either ride the ride or enjoy my day at a theme park instead of standing outside like the town crier, trying to force my opinion on others. Like - it's a ride. I have better things to do with my time, as do most people. Your question doesn't make sense to me - maybe others get it. Why would those who defend the retheme (or oppose it) explain to people why a ride is the way it is, unless we're a tour guide or one of those people who obnoxiously likes to tell their family about the Imagineering behind ... oh wait, that one is me. Will I tell my kids that I'm delighted that this particular thing was rethemed because (a) the original was problematic and (b) I love fireflies and have some hope that a P&TF retheme might include them? Probably (I mean, they already heard it when we went, even though they didn't get to ride SM)! But then again, my kids are already pretty aware of (a) issues related to cultural messaging in media and (b) their dad's love of fireflies.

Again, speaking as a parent of two daughters, they would've probably been indifferent to Maelstrom, but now that it's a Frozen themed ride? Massive hit with the both of them. Likewise for MMRR vs the great movie ride. So I'd say their track record is actually pretty good there. Let's not lose sight of the fact that Disney's target demo still includes young kids.

But we also got Stitch instead of Alien Encounter, and Tiki Room: Under New Management (the horror, the horror). And the newer version of Test Track is questionable.

The track record is mixed, at best.

Last edited:
Nah - I'll probably either ride the ride or enjoy my day at a theme park instead of standing outside like the town crier, trying to force my opinion on others. Like - it's a ride. I have better things to do with my time, as do most people. Your question doesn't make sense to me - maybe others get it. Why would those who defend the retheme (or oppose it) explain to people why a ride is the way it is, unless we're a tour guide or one of those people who obnoxiously likes to tell their family about the Imagineering behind ... oh wait, that one is me. Will I tell my kids that I'm delighted that this particular thing was rethemed because (a) the original was problematic and (b) I love fireflies and have some hope that a P&TF retheme might include them? Probably (I mean, they already heard it when we went, even though they didn't get to ride SM)! But then again, my kids are already pretty aware of (a) issues related to cultural messaging in media and (b) their dad's love of fireflies.
It was a rhetorical question. No need to take everything so literally.

But we also got Stitch instead of Alien Encounter, and Tiki Room: Under New Management (the horror, the horror). And the newer version of Test Track is questionable.

And, that money spent on this attraction could be better spent either 1) upgrading attractions that truly need it or 2) building brand new attractions.

So why shoehorn it into a ride with a strict height requirement and one of the most intimidating drops in the parks?
To be fair, plenty of young kids are tall enough and excited enough to take that plunge. My five year old niece rode Splash this past May without hesitation. She had no idea what the theming was about, but she sure loves Tiana (and was excited to see her at the princess hall)

So why shoehorn it into a ride with a strict height requirement and one of the most intimidating drops in the parks?
Are you trying to imply that when the original ride was developed, the br'er rabbit character wasn't also designed to appeal to kids of that generation? Come on, guys, you're not making any sense on this one.

My 6 year old loved the Test Track ride portion in its current form, and my 9 year old could've spent hours designing her customized car, what was it like before that made it better than it is now?

I saw those.

The daytime looks like the bayous and nighttime is the vibrant colors of NOLA.

Frontierland is pretty dull and lifeless at night, this will really give a burst to that part of the park after dark.
I actually like the colored light glow of BTM at night. But I agree that Frontierland could be doing more at night, especially compared to the rest of the park. I really like these nightttime renderings

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter