“Adult” with tiny person taste buds…

lorenni

DIS Veteran
So we’ve finally reached the often dreaded “adult” status for dining out with our 10yo. Our planned Aulani trip in December will be our first with him having crossed the age threshold.

Certain meals will be nonstarters for now (there is no way on earth I will pay 100+ for him to eat a roll and drink juice at the luau, for example). But we’ll certainly suck it up and do the character breakfast and maybe an on-site dinner because I’m not cooking three meals a day on vacation!

All of that said, so long as we are willing to pay the adult fixed price, he can still order Mac and cheese, right? :)

Any regular restaurant that you order off the menu you can order a kids meal at kids meal prices

Dont do dining plan if they have it

only buffets/shows/characters have fixed "adult" price for like 6 nuggets and dessert my 19 yr old eats lol
Kerri

Update: for the only open sit down restaurant Aulani confirmed that kids over 9 have to pay the set price for adults. There is no a la crate menu anymore - just a fixed price set menu.

So aside from one character breakfast we’ll be eating from the quick service or offsite. Oh well!

Haha, I know the pain. Three years ago for me was the budget blowout trip for meals...all 5 kids had reached adult status. Thankfully, I'm on the meal cost decline now, with the majority of the kids now either paying their own way, or opting out of our Disney vacations.

Update: for the only open sit down restaurant Aulani confirmed that kids over 9 have to pay the set price for adults. There is no a la crate menu anymore - just a fixed price set menu.

So aside from one character breakfast we’ll be eating from the quick service or offsite. Oh well!
There are two other sit down options for dinner.

Olelo Room may be an option for your family. It’s family style and they have sliders, fries, and bread served alongside the kalua gratin. I have a very picky 3yo (who ate only rice and bread for Thanksgiving), but even he enjoyed some of the offerings from the adult menu.

Off the Hook is another sit down and has the standard burger and fries type menu. Mac and cheese is available as a side, but it’s tiny and you may need to order two portions.

We ate at Off the Hook to sit down one night and they had no issue with my 11 year old ordering off the kids menu and she’s pretty tall. They didn’t even ask. We also did the character breakfast and my 11 year old and my 13 year old niece were allowed to order kids meals. I’m not positive if they gave my niece an adult portion of the kids meal but my daughter they definitely gave the kids portion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter