“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

The one where I figure out what all the fuss about Rope Drop really is… ( 5/8/15 Part 2)

After we grabbed the stroller and walked out we were met by a Nice CM who held us at the edge of the Hollywood and Vine area until Rope Drop. It was now 8:45.

20150508_084936_zpsx7bef3nj.jpg

The CM held us until the music began to play to welcome people into the park. At the first note of that we were off. I tried to get pictures as we were moving but I must not have been hitting the right buttons or something. (I wasn't exactly stopping to see if I got good shots or anything.)

20150508_085041_zps87qjt3qv.jpg

There was only one family behind us. And they were FAR behind us! We got to stroller parking to find only one stroller there. As we were walking on to TSM we noticed that the wait time display showed 20 minutes. 20 minutes must be code for walk on at TSM.

20150508_085319_zpsft6qpxa1.jpg

20150508_0855140_zpshnrxnxpx.jpg

20150508_085523_zpsjggxck3c.jpg

For this first trip on TSM I took Little Miss with me and DH rode by himself. I gave her a tutorial on how it works during the practice round and then left her to her own devices during the game itself. Though I may have helped her once or twice so she could at least score some points.

Our scores?

20150508_090125_zpsqr620zej.jpg

20150508_090131_zps8vegtxty.jpg

I’d like to say that having Little Miss with me was cause for DH beating me. :rotfl::rolleyes:

Remember how I said there was only one stroller besides ours in stroller parking when we went in? Well, this was stroller parking now.

20150508_090309_zpsiwxi7ljw.jpg

It was at this point that DH and I separated. DH had a mission to Ride TOT as many times as he could this day. So as soon as we were done with TSM I sent him in that direction.

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_7301346830_zps3rw2ito4.jpeg

<embed width="640" height="360" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="direct" src="[object Url]" flashvars="file=[object Url]"&os=0&ap=0

I had told him to get two rides in if it was possible. We will come back to that and see if he succeeded.

While he was doing that Little Miss and I hopped in line to go meet Buzz and Woody.

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330137_zpscbqn2weq.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330138_zpsjrwbztyh.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330139_zpsyi62rxq8.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330140_zpsz7gharfl.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330141_zpsohdbrgmp.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330142_zpsxevhuhpa.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330143_zpsdbu7krjy.jpeg

(Continued in next post)

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330145_zpsg4biwund.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330146_zpsakpfb3fr.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330147_zpsdg9ooj2h.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330148_zpssb0oxclq.jpeg

STUDIO_PIXARPLCHR1_7301330150_zpst3oz4z45.jpeg

It was at this point that I realized we were not just ahead of schedule but INSANELY ahead of schedule. It was also starting to get hot and since we were right there by the bathroom I went ahead and took Little Miss in for a wardrobe change.

On the way to the bathrooms we came across someone else doing a meet and greet

20150508_091339_zpsbciuhzqj.jpg

20150508_091350_zpsirag4hss.jpg

Once that was done I was still trying to figure out what to do with our morning. I decided that since dh also wanted as many rides on Star Tours as possible and Little Miss was somewhere close to the height line that we would go ahead and head that way and see if we could get her on and have DH met us there.

20150508_095313_zps0mg4vm8w.jpg

Turns out Little Miss was only a Fingertip too short. So we got a rider swap for later and sent DH in to ride. We enjoyed our shady spot and watched some baby ducks while DH rode.

****BONUS QUESTION TIME!****

With us having gotten so far ahead of schedule what do we stop at next?

What is the next mistake that I discover that I made and end up kicking myself for making? (Hint, those that read my PTR have all the info they need to figure it out.)

Trip Report Game Points

@Li Li – 5pts; 1 for ride, 3 for characters, 1 for 1st correct answer bonus

@afwdwfan – 5 pts; 1 for ride, 3 for characters, 1 for unique helpful advice pre-trip

@TheMaxRebo – 4pts; 1 for ride, 3 for characters

@BlvInMagic – 4pts; 1 for ride, 3 for characters

@annie170 – 4pts; 1 for ride, 3 for characters

@Loves The Mouse – 4pts; 1 for ride, 3 for characters

@kadrachb – 3pts; 1 for ride, 2 partial correct characters.

@pkondz – 3pts; 1 for ride, 2 partial correct characters

Totals:

annie170 – 13

Princessesandpascal – 13

Cajunfan – 12

Vleeth – 11

BibbitybobityLu – 9

Pkondz – 8

Kadrachb – 7

Dugette – 7

NJLauren - 6

Loves The Mouse – 6

Afwdwfan – 5

ashw100 – 5

Li Li – 5

BlvInMagic – 5

Mdsouth – 3

Looks like your planning has paid off - that is great how ahead of schedule you are!

Hope Little Miss enjoyed TSMM! Looks like some fun meets as well.

Since you are ahead of schedule I will say you go to the Animation Courtyard and I'll say the mistake you made is losing track of time and miss the next show you wanted to see

Yay, I got a bonus point! :)

I read your PTR but not sure I remember what you referencing!!! Gah!

I'll say you head to Great Movie Ride since you are ahead of schedule, and you forgot sunscreen?

Looks like rope drop totally paid off! I can't wait to see how many times your DH rides TOT and Star Tours. The Buzz and Woody meet was cute!

I have no idea what your mistake was, but I will be reading along to find out!

I say you are headed to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and to ride TSMM again. And then you are going to watch Beauty and the Beast. Hmmm...no FP+ for Beauty and the Beast was your mistake. Or going near Mermaid where you have Disney Jr friends that Little Miss may want to meet!

And I am not winning again. Boo!

I am enjoying your report. I am glad things are going so well for you al today! DHS was by far the easiest park for us...even on the Star Wars weekend day we went, it was not that bad.

I am so sorry for the loss of your grandmother and on your miscarriage. I hope you are doing much better now.

I am really enjoying your trip report! Your experience with the transportation is making me nervous and also glad that we did not end up keeping our POR reservations.

It may have been mentioned somewhere, but what did you use for your stroller sign? That is awesome!

Looking forward to more :)

My daughter has the same Doc outfit. She wore it to DHS, too, but it didn't fair so well after a sudden downpour. I love all of the pictures of Little Miss in her outfit. She wore it well.

Looks like your planning has paid off - that is great how ahead of schedule you are!
I am still amazed at how well this day turned out!

Hope Little Miss enjoyed TSMM! Looks like some fun meets as well.
Oh she loved it.

ince you are ahead of schedule I will say you go to the Animation Courtyard and I'll say the mistake you made is losing track of time and miss the next show you wanted to see
:rolleyes1

Yay, I got a bonus point! :)
:cheer2:

I read your PTR but not sure I remember what you referencing!!! Gah!
In a way I'm glad that its not jumping out at anyone else either. It helps that in writing up the TR I kind of realized how the mistake was made which helps a bit.

I'll say you head to Great Movie Ride since you are ahead of schedule, and you forgot sunscreen?

ooks like rope drop totally paid off!
It really did! It would have paid off a bit more had I been prepared for it to go so well. I get sloppy in spurt of the moment decisions that go so off course.

I can't wait to see how many times your DH rides TOT and Star Tours. The Buzz and Woody meet was cute!

I have no idea what your mistake was, but I will be reading along to find out!
In a way I'm glad that its not jumping out at anyone else either. It helps that in writing up the TR I kind of realized how the mistake was made which helps a bit. :rolleyes1

I say you are headed to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and to ride TSMM again. And then you are going to watch Beauty and the Beast. Hmmm...no FP+ for Beauty and the Beast was your mistake. Or going near Mermaid where you have Disney Jr friends that Little Miss may want to meet!

And I am not winning again. Boo!
:rotfl: Believe me there will be plenty of time to catch back up! :thumbsup2

I am enjoying your report. I am glad things are going so well for you al today! DHS was by far the easiest park for us...even on the Star Wars weekend day we went, it was not that bad.
I am glad you are enjoying it. It's fun to share and it really helps to prolong the magic. DHS was the by far hardest to plan for with a little.

I am so sorry for the loss of your grandmother and on your miscarriage. I hope you are doing much better now.
Thank you very much. I have moments here and there but I have come to peace with it mostly. As far as the miscarriage goes while I continue to have the would've should'ves and occasionally kick myself for forgetting to bring a pregnancy test with me to disney just in case I try to focus on the positives of the situation. Which is considering that I have fertility issues and it took 2 years for Little Miss to arrive and I was not on fertility treatments at the time of our trip I can cling to the fact that I got pregnant in the first place. DH and I are hoping that its a sign that my body is ready and willing for the next one and I just started back on treatments. Hopefully things won't take as long.

I am really enjoying your trip report! Your experience with the transportation is making me nervous and also glad that we did not end up keeping our POR reservations.
We really only had issues with the Magic Kingdom Buses. However taxi's ended up not being outrageous. And next time we plan to rely on our car for our main transportation.

It may have been mentioned somewhere, but what did you use for your stroller sign? That is awesome!
Thank you! I made it! You can find the details for it in my PTR.

Looking forward to more :)
:thanks:

My daughter has the same Doc outfit. She wore it to DHS, too, but it didn't fair so well after a sudden downpour.
That's unfortunate. I can kinda see that though. THey aren't made fabulously well.

I love all of the pictures of Little Miss in her outfit. She wore it well.
:thanks:

Great pics with Buzz, Woody and the Green Army Man! She's just so sweet!

I'll guess you went to Disney Jr. Live show considering you were so far ahead of schedule. Little Miss loved it so much you were disappointed your husband wasn't there to see.

Well, this was stroller parking now.

Gah...that's just insane!! I guess that's really the only way if you want to ride TSMM more than once...or at all if you want to use your FP+ elsewhere...sigh. I guess that seems the case with any ride that appeals to the masses...fun enough for thrill seekers and adults...tame enough for kids...

Love those green guys!! The pics are adorable!! Being ahead of schedule is awesome...the best feeling when you feel like you have "extra" time!!

20 minutes must be code for walk on at TSM.
I don't think that sign can go any lower than that!

I gave her a tutorial on how it works during the practice round and then left her to her own devices during the game itself. Though I may have helped her once or twice so she could at least score some points.
I approve of this method of riding. Sounds oddly familiar.

Remember how I said there was only one stroller besides ours in stroller parking when we went in? Well, this was stroller parking now.
Good thing you went ahead and put your sign up on it!

It was at this point that DH and I separated. DH had a mission to Ride TOT as many times as he could this day. So as soon as we were done with TSM I sent him in that direction.
I love the picture. Not only did they loose half of the people in your elevator... but it also looks like your DH is pointing at the guy in front of him.

It was at this point that I realized we were not just ahead of schedule but INSANELY ahead of schedule.
That's a good problem to have. And a rare one.

Um... Muppets?

What is the next mistake that I discover that I made and end up kicking myself for making? (Hint, those that read my PTR have all the info they need to figure it out.)
Oh wow... I can't remember... I remember something about Frozen or Disney Jr.... so um... you accidentally got FP+ for the wrong show?

1 for unique helpful advice pre-trip
Yeah... my memory clearly sucks. I can't even remember what this was. :rotfl2:

Great pics with Buzz, Woody and the Green Army Man! She's just so sweet!
Indeed she is! (Well when growth spurts aren't involved:crazy2:)

I'll guess you went to Disney Jr. Live show considering you were so far ahead of schedule. Little Miss loved it so much you were disappointed your husband wasn't there to see.

Gah...that's just insane!! I guess that's really the only way if you want to ride TSMM more than once...or at all if you want to use your FP+ elsewhere...sigh. I guess that seems the case with any ride that appeals to the masses...fun enough for thrill seekers and adults...tame enough for kids...
It was awesome. Especially since we had planned and were prepared for it not to work out.

Love those green guys!! The pics are adorable!! Being ahead of schedule is awesome...the best feeling when you feel like you have "extra" time!!
The problem at least for me is when you end up almost an hour ahead of schedule you freeze up and make not great decisions on the fly.

I don't think that sign can go any lower than that!
I don't either.

I approve of this method of riding. Sounds oddly familiar.
:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Good thing you went ahead and put your sign up on it!
::yes::

I love the picture. Not only did they loose half of the people in your elevator... but it also looks like your DH is pointing at the guy in front of him.
I think DH is pointing down in general. As in "Going Down" I thought I posted the ride video I'll have to get that up in a minute.

That's a good problem to have. And a rare one.
::yes:: True, but the problem at least for me is when you end up almost an hour ahead of schedule you freeze up and make not great decisions on the fly.

Um... Muppets?

Oh wow... I can't remember... I remember something about Frozen or Disney Jr.... so um... you accidentally got FP+ for the wrong show?

Yeah... my memory clearly sucks. I can't even remember what this was. :rotfl2:
I (Believe) it was you that pointed out that there was a high chance of minimal eatting for Little Miss at the actual breakfast this particular morning and that it would be wise to pack some extra fruit snacks just in case.

The problem at least for me is when you end up almost an hour ahead of schedule you freeze up and make not great decisions on the fly.

This is so me as well. I totally choke without the plan to follow...and would probably end up totally wasting the time while worrying about how I could have made better use of it lol

This is so me as well. I totally choke without the plan to follow...and would probably end up totally wasting the time while worrying about how I could have made better use of it lol
Looking back now, I know I could have done things different.

After we grabbed the stroller and walked out we were met by a Nice CM who held us at the edge of the Hollywood and Vine area until Rope Drop. It was now 8:45.

Unfortunately, the park actually opened at 8:00 but he was old and stuck in his ways.
"None of this new-fangled early entry for me!"

At the first note of that we were off.

I see you figuratively revving your engines.

I tried to get pictures as we were moving

:laughing: Yeah, hard to compose a nice shot while sprinting!

There was only one family behind us. And they were FAR behind us!

Go! Go! Go!

20 minutes must be code for walk on at TSM.

Well, by the looks of your pictures, I'd say so.
Or the wait was 20 minutes about 10 seconds after you got there.

Our scores?

20150508_090125_zpsqr620zej.jpg

Hey! Way to go! You got 500 points!

I’d like to say that having Little Miss with me was cause for DH beating me.

Sure. Any excuse is good enough when you don't win.
"The sun was in my eyes."

Well, this was stroller parking now.

:eek:

DH had a mission to Ride TOT as many times as he could this day.

Not a bad mission to be on, actually.

While it's a great shot of him, that little girl to his right does not seem to be having the best time of her life.

She's really getting into the whole character greet thing, isn't she?

Turns out Little Miss was only a Fingertip too short.

:headache: Darn! Oh, well. Next time, right?

Muppets.
And the mistake... hmmm... didn't read the PTR, so...

Forgot sunscreen is the only thing I can think of.

nfortunately, the park actually opened at 8:00 but he was old and stuck in his ways.
"None of this new-fangled early entry for me!"
Actually he was very nice and actually cheered us on as we speed walked across the way to TSM. Even made sure we knew the fastest route to get there from where we were.

I see you figuratively revving your engines.

:laughing: Yeah, hard to compose a nice shot while sprinting!
::yes:: I wasn't even looking at the camera.

Go! Go! Go!
Cars-Racing-Type-A.gif

Or the wait was 20 minutes about 10 seconds after you got there.
Good chance.::yes::

Hey! Way to go! You got 500 points!
tumblr_ldiap5pExn1qbkzp9.gif
Those are Little Miss's points. (Though I helped her get them so I guess you can add them to my total. :rotfl:)

Sure. Any excuse is good enough when you don't win.
"The sun was in my eyes."

Piles up fast doesn't it?

Not a bad mission to be on, actually.
He enjoyed it.

While it's a great shot of him, that little girl to his right does not seem to be having the best time of her life.
:rotfl: That is how I would probably be if I rode it. Not my favorite for sure.

She's really getting into the whole character greet thing, isn't she?
::yes:: She really did! Turns out she LOVES her character meets!

:headache: Darn! Oh, well. Next time, right?
::yes:: The annoying thing is that if I hadn't asked they probably would have let her through.

Muppets.
And the mistake... hmmm... didn't read the PTR, so...

Forgot sunscreen is the only thing I can think of.

Actually he was very nice and actually cheered us on as we speed walked across the way to TSM. Even made sure we knew the fastest route to get there from where we were.

Nah. I like my version better.

:rolleyes:

Those are Little Miss's points. (Though I helped her get them so I guess you can add them to my total. :rotfl:)

Sure. Little Miss's points.
I believe you.

Uh, huh.

Really.

Piles up fast doesn't it?

No kidding!

She really did! Turns out she LOVES her character meets!

:goodvibes

The annoying thing is that if I hadn't asked they probably would have let her through.

D'oh! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter