“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say soon.

Thanks for the heads up. I just booked this on 8/26. Now I need to move our pirates & a pals cruise to the next night.

I'm excited for this! My kids (3 and 5) love frozen and FEA. And staying at beach club so we will walk over for this!

EDIT - sadly could not change date of pirates & pals. So probably going to cancel this one, unfortunately. I hope this will be offered Christmas/NYE week, but upcharge events are rare that week. Sad.

Last edited:

Now that they've added the day in August that we are spending at Epcot, I'm really debating going to this. I've never done a dessert party. Unfortunately, we can't do the Star Wars one because seeing Fantasmic is a must (and I'm the only one in the group who has any interest in Star Wars) and the HEA dessert party isn't as appealing and doesn't really fit our schedule. This frozen dessert party on the other hand...

We are a party of 6, including a frozen-obsessed DD7 and a toddler DS who would be free who can eat his body weight in fruit (and would love the other options too). We've never actually seen illuminations, though I know it shouldn't be too hard to find a place without the dessert party. We do have a fast pass for FEA but being that DD loves Frozen so much, the extra ride is very tempting. The frozen glasses are also tempting since the only other way to get them is to order an in-room celebration from Disney Florist and there's no way I can justify that. Free alcohol is also huge. The way I see it, once you subtract tax and an 18% tip which are included in the price, it takes it to around $63.50 for adults and $37.50 for kids. Subtract around $4.50 for vision glasses with tax, I'm down to $59 adults and $33 kids. That's still pricey, but doesn't seem as bad for AYCE desserts, fruit, cheese fondue, and alcohol...

If you can't tell, I'm really trying to justify the cost of this so it doesn't seem like such a huge number if I do it. Anyone want to help me make a decision?

Now that they've added the day in August that we are spending at Epcot, I'm really debating going to this. I've never done a dessert party. Unfortunately, we can't do the Star Wars one because seeing Fantasmic is a must (and I'm the only one in the group who has any interest in Star Wars) and the HEA dessert party isn't as appealing and doesn't really fit our schedule. This frozen dessert party on the other hand...

We are a party of 6, including a frozen-obsessed DD7 and a toddler DS who would be free who can eat his body weight in fruit (and would love the other options too). We've never actually seen illuminations, though I know it shouldn't be too hard to find a place without the dessert party. We do have a fast pass for FEA but being that DD loves Frozen so much, the extra ride is very tempting. The frozen glasses are also tempting since the only other way to get them is to order an in-room celebration from Disney Florist and there's no way I can justify that. Free alcohol is also huge. The way I see it, once you subtract tax and an 18% tip which are included in the price, it takes it to around $63.50 for adults and $37.50 for kids. Subtract around $4.50 for vision glasses with tax, I'm down to $59 adults and $33 kids. That's still pricey, but doesn't seem as bad for AYCE desserts, fruit, cheese fondue, and alcohol...

If you can't tell, I'm really trying to justify the cost of this so it doesn't seem like such a huge number if I do it. Anyone want to help me make a decision?

We have only done the Star Wars dessert party, but we did not regret spending the money on it. It was thoroughly enjoyable. We are now trying to decide between this one or repeating the Star Wars party. So my vote would be if spending the money will not hurt you financially, give it a try once and see what you think. It's a fun way to spend an evening.

If you wanted the glasses, I could have saved mine and given them to you. I never even used them and they went in the trash.

We have only done the Star Wars dessert party, but we did not regret spending the money on it. It was thoroughly enjoyable. We are now trying to decide between this one or repeating the Star Wars party. So my vote would be if spending the money will not hurt you financially, give it a try once and see what you think. It's a fun way to spend an evening.

Thanks for the advice. I think I will go ahead and do it.

If you wanted the glasses, I could have saved mine and given them to you. I never even used them and they went in the trash.

Aww, thanks anyway! I totally understand why most adults would care less about the glasses, but both of my kids have a strange obsession with them. Their Elf on the Shelf brought them some Christmas themed ones last Christmas and I still have one string of lights up because they love looking at them through the glasses. They think they're magic!

If you try to justify the cost based on calculating what you get for the money, it won't work out. It's not how much you can eat and drink or because you get VIP viewing. It's all about getting a unique Disney experience. Some feel that the uniqueness of that experience is worth paying for, some don't. So forget what it totals up to be and ask yourself, is the experience as a whole worth it?

I'm not sure it's possible to justify it based on the value of the individual items, but I think that the experience can be worth it. I used to think that the dessert parties were too expensive, especially since we traveled as a family of 5. Last summer my husband, my son (the last still at home), and I went to Disneyland and did the dessert party for World of Color. I primarily booked it because we would have seating and wouldn't have to stand to find a place for a long time. But it was our last night there, and it was just so special to be in that place having that experience with two of my favorite people. Even my husband who finds it more difficult to justify that kind of spending, told me that it was worth it.

My daughter (who now works/lives about 4 hours away) proposed a mother-daughter trip for the week after I drop my "baby" off to college. She didn't get to experience Disneyland with us (and I thought about that all the time we were out there), so I wanted to make this trip extra special. IllumiNations has always been her favorite. I was watching and waiting for the Sparkling Dessert Party to open for our trip and was so sad that it didn't seem like it was going to. And then this party opened! It's going to be our last night just like the World of Color one was. I know that it's going to be special for both of us.

TL;DR - You're Frozen-obsessed daughter will be only this age now. That doesn't mean that you won't still have many years of great trip and great memories, but none will ever be the same as this point in time. If it doesn't break the budget, go for it!

I'm not sure it's possible to justify it based on the value of the individual items, but I think that the experience can be worth it. I used to think that the dessert parties were too expensive, especially since we traveled as a family of 5. Last summer my husband, my son (the last still at home), and I went to Disneyland and did the dessert party for World of Color. I primarily booked it because we would have seating and wouldn't have to stand to find a place for a long time. But it was our last night there, and it was just so special to be in that place having that experience with two of my favorite people. Even my husband who finds it more difficult to justify that kind of spending, told me that it was worth it.

My daughter (who now works/lives about 4 hours away) proposed a mother-daughter trip for the week after I drop my "baby" off to college. She didn't get to experience Disneyland with us (and I thought about that all the time we were out there), so I wanted to make this trip extra special. IllumiNations has always been her favorite. I was watching and waiting for the Sparkling Dessert Party to open for our trip and was so sad that it didn't seem like it was going to. And then this party opened! It's going to be our last night just like the World of Color one was. I know that it's going to be special for both of us.

TL;DR - You're Frozen-obsessed daughter will be only this age now. That doesn't mean that you won't still have many years of great trip and great memories, but none will ever be the same as this point in time. If it doesn't break the budget, go for it!

Thank you for sharing. I think as you and @FastPasser pointed out, the value in this will be the experience rather than the physical things included. That really does help to put things into perspective. Even though we can afford this, sometimes it's difficult to not think of things in terms of monetary value, but the smile on DD's face when she finds out we've been "invited" to an exclusive Frozen party will be worth more than any amount of money. I think she will love the experience and as you said, she's only this age once. I think k I'm going to make up a special invitation for her.

Thank you everyone for helping me to step back and remember what's important here!

I'm just double-checking my plans. :) The information in MDE and on the website lists the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party at 8:00 pm on Saturday, September 9th. IllumiNations is scheduled for 10:00 pm that evening, so the dessert party is at 9:00 pm, correct? (We're trying for all 4 major parks that day and want to make sure we have the timing right.)

The information in MDE and on the website lists the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party at 8:00 pm on Saturday, September 9th. IllumiNations is scheduled for 10:00 pm that evening, so the dessert party is at 9:00 pm, correct?
Good catch, that's correct.

The calendar hasn't been updated to reflect the Illuminations time change on Fri and Sat during the F&W.

Although the advertised party start time is one hour before the show, guests are allowed in 1 hour and 15 minutes before the show.

Good catch, that's correct.

The calendar hasn't been updated to reflect the Illuminations time change on Fri and Sat during the F&W.

Although the advertised party start time is one hour before the show, guests are allowed in 1 hour and 15 minutes before the show.

Thank you! I'll note that on my plans.

After a week of rain-outs, the first party to take place lagoon side did so tonight. It went flawlessly, but I knew it would. There were lots of guest compliments.
But I think it can be better. It has some, but it needs a little more Frozen theming. Maybe the Frozen musical soundtrack playing in the background.

On the negative side, the Illuminations globe is still not opening during the finale. Fix it....now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter