• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also tried Twitter, as recent as last week, and was directed to the Dining department. I wouldn't be surprised if the the WDWToday Twitter CMs have even less information than phone CMs.
You’re probably quite right. I’ve had good luck with other companies getting service via Twitter that I thought I’d try.

I sure hope they have this party in September! It wouldn’t matter to us if it was an was a “modified” Illuminations, we care more about actually experiencing the Frozen dessert party and frozen ride than the nighttime show. We are only doing a short trip so we are hopping between Epcot & DHS that day and made all our FP in DHS to see TSL! Hopefully FEA would be available as a 4th or 5th FP in September!

I sure hope they have this party in September! It wouldn’t matter to us if it was an was a “modified” Illuminations, we care more about actually experiencing the Frozen dessert party and frozen ride than the nighttime show. We are only doing a short trip so we are hopping between Epcot & DHS that day and made all our FP in DHS to see TSL! Hopefully FEA would be available as a 4th or 5th FP in September!

I'm the same, I don't care if it's a modified version, I still want to do the dessert party. I do hope and believe that Illuminations will be on though. They wouldn't pull the plug on it now, so close to september, especially considering it's on the calendar until January.

For me, my 60-day isn't until Sept 22, so it's not quite as stressful as it is for many of you, although for me, at least seeing movement on this would be reassuring. I am anticipating this upcoming Friday. I have NO inside info and have heard NO rumors. But last year, the JBJB holiday dessert parties that begin Nov. 8-ish opened up around Aug 8-9 or so. Since Friday tends to be a day for opening or announcing things, and since this Friday would be similar to last year's opening for booking of the JBJB party in DHS, I wouldn't be shocked if both JBJB and FEA open at the same time. For me, I will only give up hope of September comes without September date openings.

This is just frustrating and irritating! I dont understand why they cant make some type of announcement on parks blog or something! I just want to know if I need to give up and plan something else, which is fine just tell me dont drag me along..

just curious if they made it easy for you to switch resorts or if you really had to "scramble" which to me means check multiple resorts and find no availability and worry that you might have to just cancel your trip. Or was that just referring to the last minute nature of it, but they took care of you and switched you smoothly without drama?

I'm just being nosy about how that went down and whether Disney did the right thing by people with allergies or whether it was really stressful to find alternate accommodations.

I know this is OT on the thread but truly curious. I would be shocked if Disney didn't go above and beyond to accommodate any changes but wondering if they didn't.

To their credit, Disney did everything they could to make it right. We were on an AP discount, so as you can imagine, less than 30 days out there was absolutely nothing available that would work for us. We would have never cancelled though. They did make accomodations for us that were more than generous, but it made for a rough few day while it all got sorted out. I've never shared what they did as I know from other forums that we were incredibly lucky that Disney went the extra mile for us.

I made a contingency plan - the Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party - because I get itchy when I am not handing Disney more money on a daily basis. ;) We have done that party a few times and my DH likes it too (as I have mentioned, it is our 20th anniversary and my DH is less Disney inclined than I am. It is all about his happiness this trip.).

To their credit, Disney did everything they could to make it right. We were on an AP discount, so as you can imagine, less than 30 days out there was absolutely nothing available that would work for us. We would have never cancelled though. They did make accomodations for us that were more than generous, but it made for a rough few day while it all got sorted out. I've never shared what they did as I know from other forums that we were incredibly lucky that Disney went the extra mile for us.
Thanks, I was not being judgy just purely nosy. I would hope they honored your rate at a comparable or better resort, discount still available or not! I'm glad they took care of you :)

Yep! Dates seem to be posted. We are going in January and they only posted out through December so will hopefully still be available into next year. It won't let you book a slot but I'm sure it will be available soon!

I am also seeing that dates are posted, but it's showing no availability. Fingers crossed it'll be open soon! It also looks like 10/3 is one of the dates, which is great news.

Well something is happening!! I am on MDE and just clicked to see if any thing was available as I have been doing several times a day for a while now. Well, dates are highlighted and clickable now through Dec 18. But when I go to book it’s telling me there isn’t any availability. I have tried several dates and get the same “no tables avail”. At least there is some dates getting highlighted!! Praying it’s legit!!
Looks like 9/3, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, 23, 24, 26, 27, and 30!!

Well how about that.

FYI, blue but unbookable dates is the normal first phase for these types of things.

Sometime in the next 0-48 hours(ish) times will show up. There have been times where it can take longer.

But blue dates are generally a good first sign/step.

Well, at least it is being offered the day I want. I will check again in the morning, looks like I may actually be able to make this happen.

And a phone CM tells me it’s sold out!! I don’t understand!
I've had phone CMs tell me this when it wasn't even bookable yet. They're probably looking at a similar system to what we're looking at and don't realize that "sold out" and "not open for bookings yet" are different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter