• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the right click idea. I was tearing my hair out trying to book before referring to this thread and, voila, there was my solution.

September 19, here we come! Now I just need the ADR gods to let me tweak a couple ADR times over the course of our trip and I can relax.

If I had just come to this thread first.....

But I figured out "the trick" on my own, after trying multiple browsers and devices for about 20 minutes. I had ONE (Firefox) that would get me all the way through the process, but the payment screen was borked and wouldn't register the click on "NEXT" (and that one, you can't right click on!!). Every other browser stalled after the time popped up.

Finally just tried the right click thing figuring it would just loop me back to the starting dessert party screen..but NOPE...it finally got me past the Time miniboss and into the Inner Sanctum of the booking boss...which i was able to defeat with my mighty Credit Card! ;)

So, I booked and paid for all 7 of us, but conflicts with my parents California Grill fireworks dinner ADR. Have been looking for a backup spot dorthat, but so far no avail. No rush now, given cancellation windows. But so they know their options, what is the adult price including tax? (2 kids in the group of 5 so itsi not a simple math). Also, my folks are NOT going to drink alcohol. They would ride the FEA, but they could live without it, too. Second to last night of the trip, so idk how tough a decision it would be for them. California Grill is covered with FD already.

I know you'll probably have ridden off into the sunset by then, but if you're around I'd love to say hello. I am beyond excited for both this and the Star Wars party because of you.
You're very kind, and yes it's possible, but I doubt I'll be around past Sept, maybe even Aug, just don't know yet.

I have recently developed a gluten allergy, anyone have experience with how accommodating they are? I noted it on our reservation.

I have done this party twice now, and I am Celiac - no gluten for me!

Although you’ve noted it on your reservation, you’ll need to talk to a Castmember when you arrive. They usually go get the chef, who will show you what is “safe” at the buffet. I’ll be honest - not much is “safe.” They will then ask if you’ll like a box of desserts - the box contains gluten-free packaged cookies, brownies, and some weird “cakes” that are in a cup.

I am signed up again in September to do this - I do it more for the chance to sit down & watch Illuminations without having to stake out a spot hours in advance, as well as the “bonus” ride after the show. :)

Since it is available now, it is really worth the cost of $160 for me and my adult daughter during F&W? Thanks!

That's always the big question with everything. We are going to eat around the booths for and early dinner and then do the party. We want to not have to worry about a FP for FEA and also want a location to watch the show without staking it out for hours especially since all signs point to it being gone sooner than later.

Since it is available now, it is really worth the cost of $160 for me and my adult daughter during F&W? Thanks!

Value is in the eye of the beholder. Here's what you get:

A slew of desserts, non-alcoholic drinks, and a couple of decent cocktail choices.

A guaranteed spot to view Illuminations...and, as a bonus, it's a seat.

A cool party favor (at least we did? I'm assuming that's standard).

An "after hours" ride on Frozen Ever After.

A much quieter exit from the park.

For us, it's worth it. The desserts are nice (as are the drinks) but the winner for us is the time and effort it saves us. We get an extra FP out of it (because we don't need to make one for FEA) for our party of 5 and we save a couple hours staking out a good spot to watch Illuminiations (again, hard with a party of 5)...and get to spend part of that eating, drinking, hanging out, and....more importantly for us...sitting down in a comfy chair after a long day (it'll be rope drop til close) in the parks.

YMMV.

I will add this: I'm not sure of your dates, but F&W gets CROWDED. The times we've gone during F&W, I think I would find EXTRA value in the party, since it's harder to get FPs, and especially harder to find a good spot to watch Illuminations without sacrificing even MORE time before hand to stake it out and hold it down.

I think the debate over the "worth" of dessert parties is one that has spanned the length and breadth of the disboards. Only you can really decide if it's worth while. We REALLY enjoyed our party last December, evidence by the fact we're booking it again in November.

My mom and I are doing it, and for me it was a no-brainer. This is one of the experiences I'm paying for and surprising her with, and I honestly didn't flinch at the price for this one. The ease of finding a spot, the fact that alcohol is included (neither of us are huge drinkers, but we'll each enjoy at least one beer or cocktail), and the added FP for FEA makes it totally worth it. Plus the reviews I've read indicate that this is the best of the dessert parties by a significant margin.

Since it is available now, it is really worth the cost of $160 for me and my adult daughter during F&W?
No, yes.
If you do the math, it's usually a no, but if you're looking for a unique Disney experience, it's a yes. You have to figure out which group you fall in to.
non-alcoholic drinks, and a couple of decent cocktail choices.
Don't forget the beer and wine.

We’re booked for Nov 12, the only day it’s offered during our trip! My mom and I decided it would be our splurge for the trip and I’m so glad to have the reservation made!

The right click tip was very helpful, I was getting no where trying to reserve on the app and on the website on a tablet.

Well after some effort, it worked! It will be a surprise as well as a little Beverage Seminar I booked for us! Now to adjust some fastpass reservations!

This is the the only dessert party that I feel is worth the price tag. The view, seating, dessert selection, and alcohol all make this a no brainier for my family. Its actually the only dessert party I do. Ultimately its up to you and what experience you're looking for. I don't think you'll regret doing it but you may regret not doing it...IMO.

Had a heck of a time booking it, but got it for 9/10 for 2. System is glitchy right now so keep trying if you are having trouble. I was trying on my phone on the website, through the app, and on a laptop. Kept saying no tables. Finally got the time button to pop up and wouldn't let me just click on it. Tried what another poster said and right clicked, then chose "open link in new window" and boom, it worked. Good luck everyone!

Thanks so much for this tip!! I'm booked, family of 4 for 10/21! This thread has been so helpful and is basically what made me decide to do this. Can't wait!

No, yes.
If you do the math, it's usually a no, but if you're looking for a unique Disney experience, it's a yes. You have to figure out which group you fall in to.
Don't forget the beer and wine.

I totally did, because my wife and I never made it past the cocktails! Maybe this time! ;)

Also, the coffee was actually really good!

My daughter and I have this party booked for 12/3. It will be our 2nd time to go, and we are so excited! We weren't even going to go to Epcot during this quick holiday girls' trip (our first time in the parks during the holidays), but we opted to squeeze Epcot into our arrival day after hearing how great it is at that time of year. So now we're seeing the CP with NPH and ending our day with the FEA party. We'll be exhausted but it'll be worth it! We will be sad to not see Fastpasser's kind, handsome, friendly face this time, though. However, I will be sure to lift a glass of something yummy in your honor, @FastPasser.

DH and I are booked for Sept. 19. For us, the appeal is a nice, comfortable place to watch Illuminations -- I want to truly enjoy it knowing its days are likely numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter