“Grace period” for ROTR boarding groups?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
With the ROTR boarding group return window now being only an hour, does anyone know if there is a grace period, and how long it might be? With the long lines at DHS these days, I’m worried I will have invested time in standing in a line and then have my boarding group called (or even that I will have ridden the Skyliner to Riviera for lunch or something). I’m wondering if there is a grace period similar to what there was for FP? Anyone have experience being allowed to ride after their return window has closed - and how long after?

My husband was allowed to ride 15 or so mins after our window, because he had been called right around when we had an ADR.

With the ROTR boarding group return window now being only an hour, does anyone know if there is a grace period, and how long it might be? With the long lines at DHS these days, I’m worried I will have invested time in standing in a line and then have my boarding group called (or even that I will have ridden the Skyliner to Riviera for lunch or something). I’m wondering if there is a grace period similar to what there was for FP? Anyone have experience being allowed to ride after their return window has closed - and how long after?
there's no set rule, just try and get there as quickly as possible , most of thes time the cm will understand an adr or an attraction breaking down

I’m curious because they are letting us try from outside the park. We are flying out at 6:15am CST and arrive at MCO at 9:15am. The park opens at 10. If we go straight there we could get easily get to the park before noon. I would hate to get an early pass.. miss it.. then be blocked from the 2pm pass. Seems risky to try for a pass in the morning if we Plan to arrive to the park around noon

I am hoping / guessing that there will be more availability at 2pm, both because of increased capacity (plexiglass dividers) and also those people who swap to a different park after missing the 7am BGs.

Since Disney tends to think of everything, do they have a program in place where you could get your server to write you a note, or put an indication on your online account that you were late because of the ADR and to let you onto RotR late? Or that the CMs of a ride could do something similar? Or do they not do this because its all honor system, and the CMs are just tend to believe guests and honor excuse related to an ADR or breakdown?

When I went the end of September, the host at 50s prime time told me that if there was an issue with our reservation and our BG, then we can just show the ROTR cm our receipt from our ADR and they will still allow us to ride.

When I went the end of September, the host at 50s prime time told me that if there was an issue with our reservation and our BG, then we can just show the ROTR cm our receipt from our ADR and they will still allow us to ride.

Yeah, money talks. Disney will do whatever they have to in order to not create a barrier for you to spend money. They make so much money on the ADRs they're not going to punish you for them.

I got boarding group 16 this morning but with my flight and travel to HS i likely won't actually get there until around 2pm today. I know the boarding group will be called way before that. Any chance they'd still let me ride or is it best to cancel and try again at 2pm when I arrive?

I'd cancel and try again. I think the official grace period is 15 minutes after the hour is up, and there's been exceptions made for people with overlapping ADRs. Haven't heard of anyone getting in so late as you will be.

I’m curious because they are letting us try from outside the park. We are flying out at 6:15am CST and arrive at MCO at 9:15am. The park opens at 10. If we go straight there we could get easily get to the park before noon. I would hate to get an early pass.. miss it.. then be blocked from the 2pm pass. Seems risky to try for a pass in the morning if we Plan to arrive to the park around noon

It would be a good test to see just how far away you can be and still book a BG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter