“Life is Grand, it Yacht to be, we are at Disney! 1/29 New TR link, a question, and this TR is complete!

We nailed the picture :worried:o_O
IMG_Dec102019at74214AM.jpg
Very cute!

We will now be in Florida from 3/23-3/30. I know I will miss a few of you now :sad:

Boo :sad::sad: We leave on 3/23. Maybe it'll work out for a quick meet.

This was a nice relaxing evening and I really enjoy how easy it is to resort hop. The monorail resorts make it so easy. I recommend taking an evening to explore the resorts, it really enhances your trip. ::yes::

Allie and I did this last week and looked around all the monorail resorts at the Christmas decorations. We then took the boat to Wilderness Lodge and ate at GP. It was a perfect evening :lovestruc

Today after work, I found a few memories on my email from Shutterfly so sweet. This was November 2014 at Disney. Here are a couple pictures!
IMG_Nov152019at75958PM.jpg

You look just the same and Andi looks so young :-)

:rotfl:

They were enjoying the tea except the daughter was a little cranky and short with her mom, huh, imagine that. I had no idea what the poor mom must be feeling!:rolleyes1:hyper:
IMG_Nov252019at73734AM.jpg

Hmmmmm…I wonder what that's like. :laughing:

Well, everything arrived all at once literally 2 minutes after the tea and then we never saw our waitress again. It was the famous Disney disappearance of the wait staff!

Not cool at all.

Off track here, :offtopic:how does everyone like the Mandalorian?

Love it…of course, if there was no Baby Yoda I probably wouldn't be loving it so much!

I made Andi take a less than flattering picture of me doing the chunky dump at the Pixar ball. :scared1: She thought I was crazy and quickly took the picture, haha!
IMG_Dec22019at120946PM.jpg

It had to be done :laughing:

Andi was a little perturbed that I got Slinky Dog for every HS day.o_O She would rather do TSM.

My Allie said the same thing. She much prefers TSM…she thinks SDD is a kiddie coaster o_O

It was time to become hitchhikers now. Almost every time, we eat at Sci Fi diner the hostess tells us we are the hitchhikers. We get the back of the car with a family. Tonight was not any different.

That seems really awkward. The only time I've eaten there, there was 4 of us so no hitchhikers. What would they do with 5, I wonder? Are the seats big enough for 5 people?

We each got a cookie from Chef Mike before moving on.
IMG_Dec52019at80118PM.jpg

Yum.

Both Andi and I thoroughly enjoyed this tour. We were also given a VIP Spot for Illuminations that evening. We just needed to gave our name and we could watch from the Italy water front area.

That sounds really cool. I'm debating doing one of these tours in March with Mike. Which one would you recommend?

Lovely 20+ Inches of snow. o_O

:crazy2:

I will charm you, :lovestruc than
IMG_Dec102019at73717AM.jpg

The relaxing life of Buddy Bishon
I will make you feel warm and cozy inside

Aw, cutie :lovestruc

Andi grabbed her refillable mug and we went to Gasparilla Grill, ominous music inserted here! The place was a zoo, literally a big ole hot mess! We normally have had good experiences here, not today!:sad2:
The lines to order were crazy. I went up to order and the lady in front of me states “I have been standing here for 20 minutes and haven’t moved an inch”, oh no! I just turned and walked away. Andi finds me and says the freestyle coke machine is out of ice and many options. The condiment area by the machine was out of everything and it was a mess. I am guessing, the place was short staffed big time, doesn’t take a genius to figure that out.

That's crazy…especially at their Flagship resort :scared1:

IMG_Dec102019at74214AM.jpg

Perfect ::yes::

I did munch on more cheesecake and magic bar
Magic Bars; it's what's for breakfast ::yes::
Right before Germany, we went backstage and toured the 12,000 square foot state of the art kitchen.
@Jenny Sanders and I literally JUST booked this tour a few minutes ago so reading your review is perfect! I know you had told me you enjoyed it and now I"m even more excited for it. Plus a cookie lol. But seriously it sounds fantastic, we've done 3 of the longer tours so far and loved them all. I've wanted to do Destinations Discovered since it started.

Andi grabbed her refillable mug and we went to Gasparilla Grill, ominous music inserted here! The place was a zoo, literally a big ole hot mess! We normally have had good experiences here, not today!:sad2:
Ugh that stinks! I was going to say we always have good service there but there's also always off days everywhere...................
I will back track here some and say, QS this past August was truly bad overall, the lines and messy places were a big turn off. Give me a table service meal any day!
Yes 100%
Wow you guys did! Kudos to the both of you, adorable :goodvibes

@Jenny Sanders and I literally JUST booked this tour a few minutes ago so reading your review is perfect! I know you had told me you enjoyed it and now I"m even more excited for it. Plus a cookie lol. But seriously it sounds fantastic, we've done 3 of the longer tours so far and loved them all. I've wanted to do Destinations Discovered since it started.
Woot! Woot! 😘

Our tour guide really explained everything so well. She also gave us an in depth meaning of Illuminations and how it brings all the children of the world together. This made me sad since Illuminations was ending. Illuminations was the first night time spectacular I had ever seen. I grew up in a small town and seeing this in my early 20’s was absolutely amazing! My sister and I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was.
The tour ended in Canada around 12:45pm. We got a pin which compliments the pin we got on the Future World tour.
This sounds like an incredible tour...definitely putting it on my list!
Lovely 20+ Inches of snow. o_O
Ugh!! I will never complain about our snow here again. It's funny, I always think of the US as being south of us but your area is actually north of Toronto. We are on the same latitude as northern California.
The relaxing life of Buddy Bishon
Bichons are the nicest dogs. My mom has one named Max and he is the sweetest.
I will make you feel warm and cozy inside before I bore you!
Your house is so, so pretty all decorated for Christmas!
As we were waiting, I noticed the roof line of the HM has chess pieces on it, very cool. I hadn’t noticed this before, always new things to learn about at the parks!
Will look for that!
Yes, you did!
The pizza was really good and so inexpensive! :thumbsup2 I forgot to get a picture. We enjoyed this and chilled out watching Finding Dory, I love this movie and her friend Sigourney Weaver :rotfl2:
Sounds like a perfect evening!

I would love to interact with CM Tracy!!
Who knows? Maybe some day it'll happen ;) Boy would I love to escape NY winters for life in Florida as a CM :thumbsup2

So first I will scare you, :scared1:
:eek: Speaking of northern winters... :sad:

We left disappointed and hungry. We ate Halloween candy, cheesecake and potato chips for lunch.
Ugh, what a bummer. Oddly enough, that sounds eerily similar to my dinner last night :laughing:

As we were waiting, I noticed the roof line of the HM has chess pieces on it, very cool. I hadn’t noticed this before, always new things to learn about at the parks!
What? That never occurred to me either! How cool. Disney is always keeping us on our toes :goodvibes

Ahh so much snow!! :scared1:

Your dog is so cute! And your Christmas decor is lovely!

I'm sorry Gasparilla Grill was such a zoo and that you couldn't get food!

Cute HM picture!!

Despite being busy, you got to squeeze in a few attractions which is always good!

Ordering pizza and relaxing at the hotel sounds like it was needed!
The snow is relentless this year and so early, I can’t wait to go to Florida in January.
Ahh thanks my little Buddy follows me everywhere, he is a sweetie!
Gasparilla was not good that day!
I was surprised how good the pizza from Flppers was, I would definitely get this again!

Come up here... you won't be hot this time of year.

Hmmm... on second thought... I think you have a handle on "cold" just fine, where you are.
No need to come up there, our weather is worse than yours! It really is bad this year. The snow won’t stop! We have more snow than we usually get in 2 months, yuck!
Whoa! Lots! We don't have nearly that much. It hasn't snowed very much since our early season stor
You Sir, are very lucky!!
Uh, oh... I've been thinking of doing a non or few ADR trip some time in the future... you're not selling me on this idea...
I don’t know what it was but I do have a theory since I am a Disney vet! I think the free dining promo and definite staff shortages! I think Disney cuts back staff in August and they should not!!
Never heard of it. Why? Do they get good reviews?
And... scams... from Flippers? Or just in general?
I guess people have ordered of the fliers that show up in your room and have lost their money and never got a pizza. Flippers was really good and I would recommend
Long time for pizza delivery. Then again... off site... far to go.
It was worth it for us, not fighting crowds, standing in line, paying 50 bucks for a pizza, need I say more, lol!
Holy cannoli!!!! 20 inches of snow!!!! 1 inch is a nightmare, let alone 19 more...
Sucks Jenny, this is all I have to say!

That’s pretty decent value for a tour :thumbsup2
Love your snowy photo and the Christmas tree but such a shame about the QS place. Glad the pizza was good and tasty and cheap into the bargain!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
For Disney, the price is great, plus a 15% discount with the Disney Visa.
Thank you, can I send you the snow, haha!
QS has gone down hill in my opinion, especially when Disney cuts staff!
I would recommend Flippers, good pizza, friendly driver, and way cheaper than Disney’s cardboard pizza!

No need to come up there, our weather is worse than yours! It really is bad this year. The snow won’t stop! We have more snow than we usually get in 2 months, yuck!
I'll let you keep your snow, if it's just the same. Got some yesterday/last night... not a ton, but... enough to get me shoveling.
I prefer sunshine and warmth.
You Sir, are very lucky!!
Won't complain... much. ;)
I don’t know what it was but I do have a theory since I am a Disney vet! I think the free dining promo and definite staff shortages! I think Disney cuts back staff in August and they should not!!
Cut backs??? In August? Isn't that their 2nd busiest time? (summer, I mean)
I guess people have ordered of the fliers that show up in your room and have lost their money and never got a pizza. Flippers was really good and I would recommend
Ohhhh...
It was worth it for us, not fighting crowds, standing in line, paying 50 bucks for a pizza, need I say more, lol!
You need not!

Awwwww, Buddy is the cutest!! And your Christmas decorations are beautiful. Yes, we have snow as well down here - boo :( Can't believe it's that time of year again! That pizza you had from Flippers sounds good, I didn't have a lot for lunch, ha. Great trip report, so fun reading you Caroline. Keep the good times coming, and I for one, wasn't bored with the latest installment!
Thank you, Buddy is a little sweetie, he loves to lounge, Ahh a dog’s life!
The snow has been nonstop around here, our roads are a mess!
So glad to have you reading along still! Disney is such a happy and magical place, helps me get through winter!
The pizza was good, I would do this again for sure!

Cut backs??? In August? Isn't that their 2nd busiest time? (summer, I mean)
Later August is considered a slow time and I have experienced this the last couple August’s. They definitely staff less and it doesn’t work!! Late August is now getting busier unfortunately

Later August is considered a slow time and I have experienced this the last couple August’s. They definitely staff less and it doesn’t work!! Late August is now getting busier unfortunately
Ah. Yes, late August.
And you're right... it's getting busier. Which means they should be able to afford more staff.

Hope you are surviving the snow! We only got about 13", which was still more than enough.

Sorry your lunch was such a nightmare, I wouldn't have waited for food there either!

Sometimes pizza and a movie is the perfect ending to a day!
This past week has been rough, our roads are bad and it snowed almost every day this week, yuck!
The slow process of some QS places is enough to be a turn off. Mobile order is great when it works and when it is available
The pizza and movie were just what we needed!

Minnesota has had crazy snow! I grew up there so I've read plenty of snow-related stories on my FB feed. Your decorations are lovely, though!

Yuck, what a mess at Gasperilla Grill! That really is quite unacceptable at a Deluxe resort. I think you made the right move to leave.

Your afternoon at MK sounded like fun! I think swapping 7DMT for Pirates was fine - I like 7DMT but sometimes something that's available immediately is better. Plus, Pirates is a great ride!

Trips can be very tiring - I feel many of us scrap plans and take it easy as the trip goes on. Hopefully that revived you for the next day!
Yes, our weather has been bad so far
We do love MK, even with the crowds, it is a magical place
Rest is really important even at Disney, the movie and pizza were perfect. Who doesn’t love that!

Beautiful Christmas tree. You picture looked like a Christmas card, with the snow outside the windows. However, I'm sure you wish there wasn't quite so much of the stuff outside!

Oh dear, sounds like the Grill and the park were packed full of people that day. What a bummer. But I guess all of that led you to trying pizza delivery, something new to do at WDW. :confused3 :laughing:
Thank you! The tree looks nice with the snow in the background, that about the only nice thing about all the snow :rotfl:
I am sure the manager heard some complaints about the Grill that day!
Movie and the pizza were perfect for us that particular evening, glad we did this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter