“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My niece and I made it. Have scooter with Cheshire Cat face on basket. Didn’t bring tail since I was worried about it in the rain. Got some pink and purple glow necklaces that I’ll add when it gets dark. So far on schedule. Dinner at BOG took just over an hour for us with a M&G with Beast (4:40-5:50). Got party merch at Storybook in 15 minutes (6:00-6:15). Now in line for Elvis Stitch (6:20-?). Was told 45-60 minutes when we got in line.

Whether much nicer than when we first got to park. Hoping that rain holds off. Will report more when I can.

My niece and I made it. Have scooter with Cheshire Cat face on basket. Didn’t bring tail since I was worried about it in the rain. Got some pink and purple glow necklaces that I’ll add when it gets dark. So far on schedule. Dinner at BOG took just over an hour for us with a M&G with Beast (4:40-5:50). Got party merch at Storybook in 15 minutes (6:00-6:15). Now in line for Elvis Stitch (6:20-?). Was told 45-60 minutes when we got in line.

Whether much nicer than when we first got to park. Hoping that rain holds off. Will report more when I can.

Glad to hear from you! If at all possible could you please track your Time Frame. I have someone here who will be using a scooter as well. Don't feel you need to post tonight, tomorrow or when you get back would be most helpful. Thank you so much! Have a great time!

Update:

We finished meeting Stitch @ 7:30. Great interaction with my niece who was dressed like him. Then I quickly added my glow lights to my scooter. We crossed over to our 1st treat station at Laugh Floor @ 7:40. That is when the heavens opened. On went the ponchos. We proceeded to make our way to the Treats stations. The scooter was on turtle speed to match my nieces walking pace. We hit them all (except Philharmagic) between Tomorrowland and the Haunted Mansion. Got in line for HM at 9:00pm with what it said was a 30 minute wait (closer to 15). We went to the treat location at Liberty Square and while the first parade was going on visited the Treat locations at the riverboats and splash Mtn. From there we made our way to the handicap parking area for Hallowishes. Found a spot @ 9:40pm. Fireworks finished @ 10:30pm. We waited a few minutes for the crowd to clear and then did the Treats stations in Adventureland and Frontierland. We are now waiting in Liberty Square HC parking area for the second parade. Got to our spot @ 11:00pm.

More to come as it occurs...

Update:

We finished meeting Stitch @ 7:30. Great interaction with my niece who was dressed like him. Then I quickly added my glow lights to my scooter. We crossed over to our 1st treat station at Laugh Floor @ 7:40. That is when the heavens opened. On went the ponchos. We proceeded to make our way to the Treats stations. The scooter was on turtle speed to match my nieces walking pace. We hit them all (except Philharmagic) between Tomorrowland and the Haunted Mansion. Got in line for HM at 9:00pm with what it said was a 30 minute wait (closer to 15). We went to the treat location at Liberty Square and while the first parade was going on visited the Treat locations at the riverboats and splash Mtn. From there we made our way to the handicap parking area for Hallowishes. Found a spot @ 9:40pm. Fireworks finished @ 10:30pm. We waited a few minutes for the crowd to clear and then did the Treats stations in Adventureland and Frontierland. We are now waiting in Liberty Square HC parking area for the second parade. Got to our spot @ 11:00pm.

More to come as it occurs...

Looks like your plan is working out smoothly with room to spare! :thumbsup2

NEWS & NOTES

Highlights on the 7th party Sunday, Sept. 9: Starts on Page 431/Post #8605
Starts on Page 431, Post #8605 / Crowd level: Medium low, Rain & lightning.

*Poison Apple Magic Shot on Main Street taken at 4:17. Post #8812

Dwarfs 5:40 - 6:53. Post #8638 (approximately 1 hr 15 min.)

*Pooh & Gang 6:00-7:27. Post #8812 (1 hr 27min.)

Stitch 6:20 – 7:30. Post #3146 - Itinerary Thread (1 hr 10 min.)

Minnie 6:55 - 7:20. Post #8644 (25 min.)

Goofy 7:15 - 7:35. Post #8649 (20 min.)

It started raining and lightning about 7:40pm. This is where things start to change, characters are not at their normal meet locations and things get delayed or revised. Hocus Pocus the short version, Post #8704

Dwarfs 8:35 – 9:26. Post #8671 (50 min.)

Lotso 9:32 – 9:47. Post #8679 (20 min.)

Tarzan & friends 9:50 - 10:10. Post #8694 (20 min.)

*Pooh & Gang 11:15-11:55 Post #8710 (40 min.)

*ADDED: 9/12/18

Last edited:
Update #2

No headless horseman due to the rain earlier. Parade arrived at our area @ 11:20. After it finished, we went across the street to the Liberty Street for my niece to exchange allergy tokens. Finished that @ 11:45. We then doubled back to Philharmagic so we could get all of the Treats stations completed. We then walked on Peter Pan and then Smallworld. Got off at 12:10. Now we are killing some time on Main Street before heading to the buses. Going to try to get a Magic Shot on way out.

Update #2

No headless horseman due to the rain earlier. Parade arrived at our area @ 11:20. After it finished, we went across the street to the Liberty Street for my niece to exchange allergy tokens. Finished that @ 11:45. We then doubled back to Philharmagic so we could get all of the Treats stations completed. We then walked on Peter Pan and then Smallworld. Got off at 12:10. Now we are killing some time on Main Street before heading to the buses. Going to try to get a Magic Shot on way out.

Don't forget your Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card at City Hall / Guest Services!

Got Magic Shots on Main Street and in front of train station. My niece got a Boo! balloon. We are now on the bus back to Art of Animation. I’ll be back to give general impressions ina day or so.

Don't forget your Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card at City Hall / Guest Services!

Oops! Didn’t think to check there. We have an upcoming MK day that is on a MNSSHP night. We might try and get it then by showing that we had tickets tonight.

Got Magic Shots on Main Street and in front of train station. My niece got a Boo! balloon. We are now on the bus back to Art of Animation. I’ll be back to give general impressions ina day or so.

Oops! Didn’t think to check there. We have an upcoming MK day that is on a MNSSHP night. We might try and get it then by showing that we had tickets tonight.

I know when I went back to the firehouse the next day to get mine I also had to have my party wristbands to show there was no mark on it. This year someone reported they went to City Hall to get theirs.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post tonight. I really appreciate it. :hug:

So jealous - we were at a party last year and I'm really missing it this year!
Any changes from year to year?

Just a little. Two new characters Elvis Stitch and Vaprinia, a new float for Tink, and two new characters dancing during the parade Rapunzel & Flynn.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post during the party.
I also use a scooter and just wondering are the treat stations easy to access on the scooter? This will be my first MNSSHP

Just a little. Two new characters Elvis Stitch and Vaprinia, a new float for Tink, and two new characters dancing during the parade Rapunzel & Flynn.
Thanks so much for the response! Is the treat assortment the same? We came home with about 30lbs of candy last year - loved it!

Finally got a chance to get back on here and upload my adjusted party map (magic shots and character locations). This was made using the info from the PDFs on the main thread, but just helped me to have a visual. Its been said that maps are hard to read at night with the low light, so keep that in mind if you decide to utilize this

Attachments

• MNNSHP map.jpg
    MNNSHP map.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 62
So jealous - we were at a party last year and I'm really missing it this year!
Any changes from year to year?

Thanks so much for the response! Is the treat assortment the same? We came home with about 30lbs of candy last year - loved it!

The overlays for SM, PotC and teacups are new too.

Yes, I forgot about the overlays!

Candy is the same mix but they do have GOGO squeeze and Werther's this year. Oh, Cruella no longer has a specific m&g location which REALLY stinks, she along with Anastasia and Drizella are roaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter