“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MusicalAstronaut just posted she's having issues booking her husbands FP's, she's an AP he isn't as seen here. If you book all your park day FP's first and then go back to book all the party FP's most have not had issues and this is what I recommend. By all I mean you, your wife and nephew. Stay as a group in your MDE account.
Haha - his wife. But I hear you. I will take your advice

I'm attending the 8/24 party with my 11 yo daughter, and I have not yet made much of an itinerary :scared1:. For the most part, we want to enjoy the atmosphere of the party and my daughter wants to get to most of the trick-or-treat locations. We've been to one prior MNSSHP and loved it! Here's what I have so far...

August 24
Me (Mom) and DD
2:15-2:25 Arrive at MK
2:30-2:45 Pirates of the Caribbean (2:05-3:05 FP+)
2:45-4:00 Pirate's League for 3:00 appt.
(Not sure how much time is needed)
4:05-4:25 BTMR (4:05-5:05 FP+)
4:30-4:50 Haunted Mansion
4:55-5:15 Mine Train (5:05-6:00 FP+)
5:20-5:50 Quick Serve
(30 minutes and on Main Street, use mobile ordering )
5:55-6:20 Bypass (20 minutes, not sure what you want to get done there or if there will be lines for photos)
6:25-7:10 Lots-O'
7:20-7:40 People Mover
7:40-8:15 Trick or Treat in Tomorrowland
(however crowds will be heavy and I don't recommend it)
8:20-8:45 Shop on Main Street (25 minutes)
8:50-9:10 Pick up SotMK Card at the Main Street Firehouse
9:15-10:00 Adventureland:
Pirates of the Caribbean, Tiki Room Trick or Treating
10:00-10:45 Liberty Square: Haunted Mansion, Cadaver Dans, pumpkin waffle at Sleepy Hollow
10:45 Frontierland for Parade
11:45 Hocus Pocus

Between dinner and parade, we'd like to get the SOTMK card, go through the bypass, shop for party merchandise (where?), visit most trick-or-treat locations, ride BTMR when dark, ride party-themed Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion again (if time), visit Tomorrowland and maybe meet Lots-O' and perhaps ride PeopleMover, get at least one PhotoPass photo, get a pumpkin waffle at Sleepy Hollow (if available) and see the Cadaver Dans.

Am I expecting to accomplish too much between dinner and the parade? Any thoughts on how I should order these within my itinerary? Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
More information and photos can be found on: Post #665

Things are going to start picking up speed as we near the first party, all I ask from everyone is to refer to the Main pages of this thread prior to posting questions. I've spent a great deal of time and energy to make this site user friendly and provide you the most accurate and up to date information to help you plan. It's all here, just take the time to look through the pages. Please. :flower3: Also anything new and confirmed will be posted in RED, making it easier to spot.

Thank you for this. I did first try to find the information on the time of the bypass opening, but I couldn't find it in this thread--I'm sure I must have overlooked it. I can see you've put an incredible amount of time into this thread, and I greatly appreciate your generosity! ::yes:::flower1::flower1:

I'm attending the 8/24 party with my 11 yo daughter, and I have not yet made much of an itinerary :scared1:. For the most part, we want to enjoy the atmosphere of the party and my daughter wants to get to most of the trick-or-treat locations. We've been to one prior MNSSHP and loved it! Here's what I have so far...

August 24
Me (Mom) and DD

2:30 Pirates of the Caribbean with FP+
2:50 Pirate's League for 3:00 appt.
4:25 BTMR with FP+
4:45 Haunted Mansion
5:10 Mine Train with FP+
5:30 Dinner (counter service or snacks)

Between dinner and parade, we'd like to get the SOTMK card, go through the bypass, shop for party merchandise (where?), visit most trick-or-treat locations, ride BTMR when dark, ride party-themed Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion again (if time), visit Tomorrowland and maybe meet Lots-O' and perhaps ride PeopleMover, get at least one PhotoPass photo, get a pumpkin waffle at Sleepy Hollow (if available) and see the Cadaver Dans.

Am I expecting to accomplish too much between dinner and the parade? Any thoughts on how I should order these within my itinerary? Any help is appreciated!

:welcome: to the party! I understand you have FP's but could you please provide the time frame as seen in your MDE account. Just use the EDIT feature on your post. Please take care of this and we'll tackle your itinerary. Also, Trick or Treat starts at 7pm.

Your post has been added to the MAIN page for easier access.

:welcome: to the party! I understand you have FP's but could you please provide the time frame as seen in your MDE account. Just use the EDIT feature on your post. Please take care of this and we'll tackle your itinerary. Also, Trick or Treat starts at 7pm.

Your post has been added to the MAIN page for easier access.
Thank you! My FP times have been added to my post.

I'll add you might not see the area roped off so early, but stay there! Once the CM's come out people will come out from the wood works just to get in that line. Don't be surprised if they ask to see your party wristband either. If you don't have it you might not be able to get in line at all. ;) Your best off getting your wristbands first.
I didn’t realize that they didn’t start taking the headless horsemen picture until 7 but that makes sense to do it after dark. So, I’ll get the picture and the cards from Customer Service on my way out both of my nights, by 12:20-12:30 at the latest. Concerning on whether to get in line for Jack and Sally before or after the wristbands, the plan is to go directly from that M&G to 7 dwarves and I’d like to get there by 5:30. However, sending my 10 year old by himself for the wristband has its own concerns. I’ll think about it but will now lean towards wristband first. Now, I’ve got about 3 hours of getting caught up on this thread.

I'm attending the 8/24 party with my 11 yo daughter, and I

Friday August 24 / Me (Mom) and DD
2:15-2:25 Arrive at MK
2:30-2:45 Pirates of the Caribbean (2:05-3:05 FP+)
2:45-4:00 Pirate's League for 3:00 appt.
(Not sure how much time is needed)
4:05-4:25 BTMR (4:05-5:05 FP+)
4:30-4:50 Haunted Mansion
4:55-5:15 Mine Train (5:05-6:00 FP+)
5:20-5:50 Quick Serve
(30 minutes and on Main Street, use mobile ordering )
5:55-6:20 Bypass (20 minutes, not sure what you want to get done there or if there will be lines for photos)
6:25-7:10 Lots-O'
7:20-7:40 People Mover
7:40-8:15 Trick or Treat in Tomorrowland
(however crowds will be heavy and I don't recommend it)
8:20-8:45 Shop on Main Street (25 minutes)
8:50-9:10 Pick up SotMK Card at the Main Street Firehouse
9:15-10:00 Adventureland:
Pirates of the Caribbean, Tiki Room Trick or Treating
10:00-10:45 Liberty Square: Haunted Mansion, Cadaver Dans, pumpkin waffle at Sleepy Hollow

I'll keep working on this.

Last edited:
I didn’t realize that they didn’t start taking the headless horsemen picture until 7 but that makes sense to do it after dark. So, I’ll get the picture and the cards from Customer Service on my way out both of my nights, by 12:20-12:30 at the latest. Concerning on whether to get in line for Jack and Sally before or after the wristbands, the plan is to go directly from that M&G to 7 dwarves and I’d like to get there by 5:30. However, sending my 10 year old by himself for the wristband has its own concerns. I’ll think about it but will now lean towards wristband first. Now, I’ve got about 3 hours of getting caught up on this thread.

Yes! Not all Magic Shots are available prior to 4pm but the photo props are. All photos will be posted on the Magic Shot Thread along with any information fellow DISers are willing to share. You'll be able to find the direct link:
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/#post-57930856"]MNSSHP Magic Shots - Post #10[/URL]. Currently what's there is from 2017.

Since you're still looking at my itinerary, I'm not sure if I should edit or comment. Given the amount of time you've allocated for meeting Lots-o', I'm going to skip that meet. Meeting Lots-o' was for me, not my daughter, and I don't want to make her stand in line for that long given it's not a huge priority for me. I need to say again that I am so appreciative of your help!

Since you're still looking at my itinerary, I'm not sure if I should edit or comment. Given the amount of time you've allocated for meeting Lots-o', I'm going to skip that meet. Meeting Lots-o' was for me, not my daughter, and I don't want to make her stand in line for that long given it's not a huge priority for me. I need to say again that I am so appreciative of your help!

Correct your itinerary, I'm going to take a break. Please note, Lots-O doesn't demand a great deal of time. He comes out at 7pm and quite honestly I would ride on something in that area, then go to Lots-O allow at least 15 minutes to meet him and add about 5/10 for the actual meet. ;) You could ride People Mover first.

FYI - I’ve heard reports of the firehouse closing before 12. Sometimes CMs stay in the area to distribute cards, but if the card is important to you, I wouldn’t wait until park close to pick it up. We’ve always gotten ours when we enter at 4. YMMV

With the first MNSSHP less then 24 days away I've noticed more "Halloweenish" merchandise becoming available. Let's take a look see...

Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus Spirit Jersey for Women $59.95
View attachment 339304

Hocus Pocus T-Shirt for Women $26.95
View attachment 339305

Hocus Pocus Thackery Binx Tank Top for Women $26.95
View attachment 339308

Hocus Pocus Faux Leather Bag by Loungefly $64.95
View attachment 339307

Hocus Pocus T-Shirt for men $24.95
View attachment 339309

Hocus Pocus Pin Set $16.95
View attachment 339310

Hocus Pocus Mug $14.95
View attachment 339311

Hocus Pocus Journal $16.95
View attachment 339312

All items can be purchased via Shopdisney.
https://www.shopdisney.com/search?query=hocus pocus

NOTE: The above items are NOT party exclusive.
Special thanks to @TISHLOVESDISNEY for posting :thumbsup2

Last year Disney offered a nice selection of MNSSHP Exclusive Hocus Pocus merchandise which was pulled on the first day of the party due to copy right issues.
View attachment 339313

Personally I wasn't a fan of the old hag images but others who had their heart set on picking up a few items were very disappointed. In terms of Exclusive merchandise if you see something that you like buy it asap. Items do sell out and those who attend the later parties are often left empty handed. Disney has a limit on how many you can purchase and that is set at 10 for the same item. The Exclusive Magicbands are capped no word on what that limit will be this year.
I’m really hoping we are able to get the magic bands and other merchandise on October 23. I’ve been holding out buying a limited release band so I can get a Halloween one.

Last year we got our SotMK cards from Guest Services at City Hall at 12:30am on 10/31/2017. I never knew they had them there. Be sure to show your wristband too.

I’m really hoping we are able to get the magic bands and other merchandise on October 23. I’ve been holding out buying a limited release band so I can get a Halloween one.

In 2017 Disney released THREE Magicbands:

The first one is the standard Limited Edition band that Disney has come out with every year since 2013, each year having a new design. The box smelled like chocolate.

The second band is a new Limited Release Sanderson Sisters MagicBand. It is the second Sanderson Sisters Limited Release band made for the party since 2015. However, this band was pulled as with all Hocus Pocus merchandise.

Mickey's Magicband was available on Friday, August 25, 2017
upload_2018-7-24_21-54-2.png

In another surprise release and for Friday, October 13th party, Disney has released a second 2017 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Limited Edition MagicBand.

upload_2018-7-24_21-54-22.png

Most exclusive party merchandise does get sold out so be prepared not to find what your looking for. Other Halloween merchandise will still be available.

If we are in the park using a day ticket can we get our wrist band inside the park or do we need to go all the way back out?

In 2017 Disney released THREE Magicbands:

The first one is the standard Limited Edition band that Disney has come out with every year since 2013, each year having a new design. The box smelled like chocolate.

The second band is a new Limited Release Sanderson Sisters MagicBand. It is the second Sanderson Sisters Limited Release band made for the party since 2015. However, this band was pulled as with all Hocus Pocus merchandise.

Mickey's Magicband was available on Friday, August 25, 2017
View attachment 339362

In another surprise release and for Friday, October 13th party, Disney has released a second 2017 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Limited Edition MagicBand.

View attachment 339363

Most exclusive party merchandise does get sold out so be prepared not to find what your looking for. Other Halloween merchandise will still be available.
That really stinks. Why don’t they set aside enough for each party? I really like that black magic band.

Quick question and totally not party related(forgive me), I just like this thread for any of you that have upgraded tickets at guest relations(we want to add one more day), do all parties have to be there or could I go upgrade for all of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter