“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

Your dinner just made me add San Angel Inn to my already planned itinerary for September 2019! Haha looks delicious!

Hope you had good luck booking your FPs this morning!

I will update this after tomorrow and let you all know how successful I was getting our FP+, wish me luck. I am using advice from @Lesley Wake in order to book FP earlier than the 60 day mark!
Hope all went well. You have me so excited for our February trip which now feels right around the corner since your FP day is here!

A little fact, Andi had been able to answer several trivia questions at school because of this ride! So, don’t feel bad if you pull the kids out of school for a WDW Trip!:love:
I'll be sure to tell Casey's teacher this next time they give me grief for pulling her out :P

We tried to stay out of the way because it was so crowded around the little hostess area. We were seated fairly quickly, much to the dismay of the large family:confused3
I think I would have taken a wee bit of pleasure in this :P

img_nov132018at42154pm-jpg.364994
Yum! That looks awesome. We haven't been to San Angel in forever I have no idea why.

:love::love::love::love::love:

Oh my gosh, I don't know how I got so far behind!!

I'm sorry you guys were dealing with such hot weather, ugh, but I like all the ways you dealt with it!! Philharmagic and Country Bears are always wins for me!!

Hmm...Chicken Guy might end up on our to try list.

I didn't quote, so this is a boring reply, LOL!!
Yay, glad you are all caught up!
It was really hot these days and no relief with clouds or rain! I love The Country Bears and Philharmagic and such a oasis for the heat!
Chicken Guy is a must with teenagers! I really liked it!

Just caught up!

The crowd herding issue for Toy Story Land sounds much like what Toy Story Mania used to be like. I remember that being awful. Luckily for me Star Wars Land will be open when I next go so all the crowds will be running there so I should I have a straight shot at Toy Story Land. :laughing:
Glad your still here!
Yes I remember going to the FP machines and the herding, it is real. I am always so afraid of ankle injuries from the dreaded strollers! Oh my the herding for Galaxy’s Edge will be ridiculous, the CM’s will need combat gear :laughing:

We've had days where our early morning park arrival doesn't work out at all and it's a big let down, glad SDD came up fairly soon!
Good luck with your FP's! I'm anxious to see if you got SDD at 9am the mornings you want it!
Thank you! I did get SDD for 2 mornings at 9:40 so pretty good despite the very uncooperative website!

That sounds good, and so do the tenders and all the different dipping sauces! I actually haven't considered this at all but since we're at SSR for part of our trip, I might check it out. I know Chris for sure would enjoy it.
I really recommend this place especially with teenagers! Hard to find a teen who doesn’t love chicken tenders:laughing:

Loved it, you both should definitely watch it :goodvibes
Good to hear! This is on my list for winter watching, I catch up on things in our frigid winter months::yes::

Yay! Good luck today
It went pretty good despite a very uncooperative website, Olaf kept coming on the screen saying whoops something went wrong, ugh!

Yes, please. It's freezing here in New York and thinking of a nice Florida August heat makes me happy :laughing:
I so agree, we had a colder than normal October and now November, where is ElNino? I thought I read we were going to have a mild winter!

I guess you're experiencing the freeze, too ;)
Yes we have been, today actually was 33 degrees and it felt mild:laughing:

Yes! I ride LWTL constantly! At least 3-4 times per trip
I love this ride, always do this 3x4x as well, so relaxing

Agreed here, too.

Sounds like such a lovely, laid back evening at Epcot.
It was a nice evening, the low crowds in the park also helps!

I was fascinated by LwtL on my very first trip when I was 9 years old. I can't explain why. I'm not a gardener or a farmer. But something captivated me then, and I still enjoy that ride today.
I remember riding this when I was younger and really liked it. I find it very interesting and soothing! I don’t Garden much but it still is a favorite!

I think I'm late, but Good Luck! Hope you got everything you wanted!
As you know it was painful but I did pretty good!

I think I'm going to have to take my Allie here in April. Chicken tenders are one of the three things she actually eats
This is a good spot for teens and their moms, lol!

Ugh…we have winter fast approaching here in the Northeast as well…waiting on 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow night :sad:
Oh no drive safe, we have had a few snow events already but only about 2” at a time so not bad

We ate here years ago and it kind of fell of my radar. We're going to have to go back since I love Mexican food and your dinner looks delicious!
We really had a nice dinner, it is a bit chaotic in there and tables are really close together but the ambience and food were great!

I've noticed that more and more plus the picture at the beginning only works half the time. I've read rumors that this one is going down soon for an extensive rehab and it seems like it needs it!
I have read this too and it is going to be closed for like 2 years yikes! We have been on this so many times and never gets old. Our pictures didn’t work at all this trip.
I tend to avoid this one, not because of the sticky floor, but because we have a much larger version with many more drink choices at the World of Coke here in Atlanta.
It’s funny until I started reading info on the Dis, I never even knew it existed. We had walked by many times!

This one is the same for me! And for the life of me I can't figure out why. :rotfl2:I'm not into gardening at all but something about this ride just fascinates me.
I feel the same way, not sure why either, love it!

That line really is dark! My Mom used to have progressive lens and one time I had to lead her through that line because she was completely blind until her glasses changed. Not sure why we didn't just stop and wait for them to change before moving on as there was no line that day.
I felt like I was 90 in there lol!

I'm not a fan of school bread either. Well I've never tried it but I strongly dislike coconut :crazy2: so it's a no go for me.
Andi does not like coconut either. I think the cardamom in it is what I love. My grandmother made a delicious cardamom bread and I really miss it, no one can make it like her!

Your dinner just made me add San Angel Inn to my already planned itinerary for September 2019! Haha looks delicious!

Hope you had good luck booking your FPs this morning!
Yay, it really was a delicious meal right from the start! The guacamole, chips and salsa very good! Have you decided to try and sneak a visit in before your AP expires? I am still looking at a March trip. I want to spend 2 nights at USO and 3 nights at WDW but the flights are so expensive and so is USO! I haven’t decided yet!

The FP+ booking went okay, the website was awful, I got my most important ones for the earlier days in the trip, SDDx2 and FoPx1 so far and these are early times so I was happy with that. The site kept crashing, it took me an hour to get 3 days worth, ugh!

Hope all went well. You have me so excited for our February trip which now feels right around the corner since your FP day is here!
The website sucks, makes it painful but it went okay

I'll be sure to tell Casey's teacher this next time they give me grief for pulling her out :P
I hear you there! Casey will be able to raise her hand and say who invented the first printing press from SE, Andi did in history and teacher was impressed:idea:

I think I would have taken a wee bit of pleasure in this :P
:laughing: Why do I know that about you already:rotfl:

Yum! That looks awesome. We haven't been to San Angel in forever I have no idea why.
This was a good choice, really good all the way around except for the tight quarters!
I love the School Bread, I am a big fan of Cardamom and Coconut!

I went with the Big Bite B.L.A.T. This was a crispy fried chicken sandwich with crispy smoked bacon, lettuce, avocado crema, tomatoes, and buttermilk ranch. This was really good! I will say again, I am not a big fried chicken fan and I really enjoyed this.
That looks delicious!

We give this place 2 thumbs up! The price, atmosphere, and food were all a hit! I would definitely go again and try a few more sauces. You get a choice of 2 sauces with the combo meal and can purchase more if you want.
Definitely putting it on the list for July!

I still haven’t seen this movie yet, I need to get it on DVD!
We watched it last weekend, it is wonderful!

The bus arrived and we headed back to GF for a nice rest and relax time before our evening in Epcot!
Nothing better than afternoon down time. :)

We boarded the monorail and made our trip over to Epcot. The park had low crowds this evening, yay! It was time for our SE FP so we jumped in line for our slow moving journey. I was glad we got on today because SE was down a fair amount during our trip.
You can definitely notice that SE needs some care.

LwtL was a walk on, we used our FP anyway so we could make another. We had a fun ride as always! It is so interesting how certain rides at Disney never get old or boring, this is one of many that fit this category for me.
This is one of my faves too!

We had planned to make our way to Mexico. We had some time before our Reservation so it was time to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour, this is a fun ride that fits in my above category :thumbsup2 we spent some time looking at the gifts and the Coco area.
There are so many Hidden Mickeys on this ride!

Our table was a tiny table for 2 close to the water and the pyramid. We did have people on both sides of us so a little claustrophobic but we liked it overall! We had a really nice waiter, he was efficient in this busy restaurant. We started with chips/salsa and the fresh guacamole and flour crisps, to look like chicharron (pork rinds). We really liked the chips/salsa and loved the fresh guacamole, very flavorful!
I had the guacamole and chicharron from the new margarita place in August and really enjoyed it!

Thank goodness the school bread was available here! Andi is not a fan of this and didn’t want anything so I took my school bread and we decided to head back to the GF!
I tried school bread once and loved the taste but found it heavy. I love coconut and cardamon too.

Love that back drop so cute.

I love Andi's Coco ears

Your Epcot evening ended up working out great.
I need to see this movie! I love Winnie the Pooh, I mean who doesn’t right?
I thought the Coco ears were really cute and different from the usual ears
We had a fun night!

I know! So far it's been NOT mild and has arrived early
I hope you didn’t get pounded with snow, I saw pictures of NYC and it was snowy.

We'll just keep dreaming about that August Florida heat
You and me both! I want Florida weather right now!

That looks delicious!
The chicken sandwich was very good and the fries were done well!

Definitely putting it on the list for July!
I would!

We watched it last weekend, it is wonderful!
Ahh I am going to get it for Andi and I to watch over Thanksgiving break!

Nothing better than afternoon down time.
Love the afternoon down time, keeps us going for our busy trips, lol!

You can definitely notice that SE needs some care
I heard a major refurb is coming and it will be out of commission for 2 years, yikes!

This is one of my faves too!
LwtL is such a wonderful attraction!

There are so many Hidden Mickeys on this ride!
I know, I have the book and have found quite a few!

I had the guacamole and chicharron from the new margarita place in August and really enjoyed it!
Yummy!
I tried school bread once and loved the taste but found it heavy. I love coconut and cardamon too.
I like it, I have for about 2-3 mornings with my coffee! Cardamom reminds me of my wonderful grandma! She was an awesome baker!

Hi Everyone!

Quick update on my FP+ saga over this past week.
Here were my tentative plans for January Trip:

January 2019 Disney World Plans

1/23. Arrive around 2pm, check in at AKL, MK in the evening.

Tony’s dinner at 6:10pm.

FP+ HM 4-5, BTMRR 5-6, 7DMT 7:30-8:30. *Got these 3 times the same*

1/24. DHS morning, SDD 9-10, ToT 10-11, ST 11-12, Cape May Cafe at 6:05pm. Try for 4th FP+ at DHS or Epcot after the dinner. Fireworks either place. *Got these 3, starting at 9:40 for SDD, so yay*

1/25. Epcot in the am, FP+ 9-10 TT, 10-11 SE, lunch at Tangerine Cafe, FP for MK for evening, Storybook Dinner at 8:20pm. *Got all 3 at the times I wanted*

1/26. DHS FP+ SDD 9-10, Frozen sing along 10-11, ToT 11-12 Lunch at 50’s Prime Time at 1:20. AK evening, try for FP, Satu’li Canteen for dinner. *Got all 3 pretty close to my times*

1/27. AK FP+ FoP 10-11, Dinosaur 11-12, Safari 12-1, Sana’a lunch at 1:50pm. DS evening, QS dinner at Blaze. *Got all 3 close to the times I had planned*

1/28. Epcot FP+ FEA 9:30-10:30, SE 11-12, early lunch in Mexico QS, FP at MK for evening, Plaza dinner at 5:55pm, DAH event from 8-11pm. * Got these 3 at the times I wanted*

1/29. Boma at 9:30, FP+ AK FoP 11-12, Dinosaur 12-1, EE 1-2, Resort time in the evening, eat at Mara. *Got all 3 for the times I wanted*

1/30 MK FP+ 9-10 7DMT, 10-11 BTMRR, 11-12 PoTC. Lunch then back to AKL for ME. Leave for airport around 2:20pm. * Got all 3 for the times I wanted*

As you can see, I was very successful! The first day was the hardest because the website would keep malfunctioning, ugh! I was starting to hate Olaf, lol! He shows up and says, oops something went wrong! I switched to Firefox incognito and finally was able to do at least the 3 important days, which included the SDD and FOP.

This worked well and less stressful! I did the other days over this week and it worked much better! :bounce:

I plan to RD Soarin on our Epcot days, TSM on DHS days, and NRJ on AK days! I think we have a good touring plan in place for this trip! We will rest in the afternoon a few days and I’m sure we will change things here and there! I had thought about the private Safari tour in AK but with the cost, I elected to try the Rhino tour. This is an hour long and I think it would be better cost wise, since we are doing the DAH hard ticket event, I thought this would be more economical!

I will be back soon to update my wonderful Augus trip and get it done! 10 Disney Days is a lot to cover with all the pictures! I don’t use a hosting site for pictures so I can only do 10 a post, oh well!

Stay tuned for Day 7. “Who knew there were so many picture worthy walls in Epcot!”

Have an awesome weekend!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter