• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

I am shocked that Andi waited that long for Bolt! But he is pretty rare and your pics came out cute! I am ashamed to say I've never seen that film :sad2:

Sounds like a great morning!
I was surprised Andi did not talk me out of the wait, she is good at that, lol!
Bolt is a really cute movie, you need to see it!
It was a fun morning!

Yay for PhotoPass day! Of course if you remember my TR for this day, we did stand in line before he started to meet but bailed out. The line seemed very long at the very start, and wow was it hot that day!
We probably saw you and didn’t even realize, lol! It was a hot wait, I would say we waited about 30 minutes before the meet started and another 30 once Bolt arrived.

Long wait? Caroline, hold my beer. :laughing:
(That is a little hint on how my MNSSHP went. Another couple updates to go...)
Oh no! I can’t wait to hear about it!

Oh cool, I had no idea there was an entrance to Pandora there.
Anyway must be quieter than the one by Tiffins.
It is such a nice entrance, very quiet and you hear Pandora noises coming from the lush greens all around you, very cool

Hmmm...yeah, something doesn't seem right.
I so wanted Kevin since we already have Kaa in another picture!

my gosh!! I have never been so relieved to see a sentence in my whole life after reading what happened. So glad it was found!!
Thank you! I was so glad Joe went in the trash, lol!

Ooh, yay!! I've always wanted to be there on photopass day!!
It was fun with some unique opportunities

I love this addition, I am looking forward to using it on our trip
This is a great addition to have the bus time feature now!
He's so cute!! I'm glad you guys tracked down the elusive Bolt and got to check him off your meet and greet list
This was a must for us, we usually don’t wait more than 20 minutes for anything, lol!

It was blocked off last January when we were there, after I'd talked it up to DH as being a nice way to go in, LOL!!
I love this bridge, so nice!
I agree. The first time I went through the FP line I thought I'd taken a wrong turn, there were no other people in sight and I just KNEW I'd managed to get myself lost
I know, it is weird how no one is around, I wondered the first time if we went the wrong way as well!

:worship: to your husband - that was a close call with the garbage pick up the next day! But so happy you found that money in the nick of time!!!
Oh I so agree, thank goodness he is not afraid to dumpster dive, haha!
Yes! I sure hope so... I think that would be amazing
It may be so epic, we have to meet every year!
Yes! It really is a great time to go... and bonus! Dismeet! ;)
It would be so fun!

I love her, she is so beautiful and elegant :goodvibes
DeVine is always so intriguing and elegant to watch!
We did enjoy the Bolt meet even if it was a long and hot wait!

Yay for Christmas break! When are you going to Disney? I think you have a trip coming up.

We do have a trip coming up! We only just booked it recently, so it feels like a whirlwind. We fly in to Orlando on the 31st! :) We'll have about 4-4.5 park days, which I know will feel too short, but I'm just glad we could make it work at all, so I'm not complaining :hyper:

Disney is doing something’s I don’t like, photo booths for some characters, I hope the preprinted autographs aren’t going to become a normal all the time! We have seen them more and more!

I agree with you there! Sometimes the autograph cards make sense in the case of a really busy meet like Bolt, but often these things feel kind of like you're paying the same amount for a lesser service. And I'm really sad about the photo booths going in at some meet and greets. Some of my best vacation pictures have come from photopass photographers at character meets.

My husband starts lecturing me about asking for a signature when getting that much money in the mail, probably true but I had already gotten $1050 in the mail and no problems! I start looking up the customer service number at BJ’s to call, I am sitting on hold and my husband comes in from outside with the package!!:jumping1: He found it in the garbage, I accidentally threw away 450.00 of Disney money:blush: He just gives me the look and tells me I owe him, haha! I was so relieved! What makes this even more important is our garbage is picked up Monday morning! If I wouldn’t have thought to check that email on Sunday, the gift cards would have been gone forever! So happy that didn’t happen. Lesson learned! The scary thing is I have no recollection of throwing that package out with the junk mail, yikes! Thank goodness I am on vacation now until next week!!
Oof! that is stressful!

I'm glad you got your gift cards back! Our mail gets switched around so much in our neighborhood that I am on constant watch about things being delivered. I would have been freaking out!

We do have a trip coming up! We only just booked it recently, so it feels like a whirlwind. We fly in to Orlando on the 31st! :) We'll have about 4-4.5 park days, which I know will feel too short, but I'm just glad we could make it work at all, so I'm not complaining :hyper:
Yay sounds well needed and deserved for both of you! That is fast approaching, have a wonderful trip!

I agree with you there! Sometimes the autograph cards make sense in the case of a really busy meet like Bolt, but often these things feel kind of like you're paying the same amount for a lesser service. And I'm really sad about the photo booths going in at som
I want to do the Tinkerbell meet in January to see if it is a photo box setup and how it works. I am not sure if it has started yet, I don’t like it!
Oof! that is stressful!
It was awful especially with husband’s lecture, lol!

I'm glad you got your gift cards back! Our mail gets switched around so much in our neighborhood that I am on constant watch about things being delivered. I would have been freaking out!
I can’t imagine how much worse I would have felt if I would have waited until Monday to check the email, yikes!! So glad that didn’t happen. I have all my gc’s in order now for our trip, yay!!

We took the monorail over to MK tonight and arrived around 6:30pm and headed straight to Starbucks for a pick me up. I got the Strawberry Açaí Refresher and Andi went with a new pineapple black tea. Both were really good and helped lighten our step some. Starbucks was super busy, of course, so it did take some time! We did notice it was busy in the park this evening. It was Saturday and non party night, this made sense.
Saturday nights are so busy in MK!

“mom, some people and experiences this trip our just popping your Disney bubble aren’t they” I thought about this and it was so very true for many reasons! It was our go to phrase for the rest of our days when something was just not up to “my Disney standards”. I also thought more about this and it also encompassed the whole last trip with Andi before she went off to college, so yes I was holding on to my bubble for dear life and hoping it never popped!!
Haha! Love this! I don't like my Disney bubble being popped either!

I had been texting with Sam, she is @MinnieWebster on the boards, she was in the park with her husband. They were finishing up dinner at CHH, I headed that way to meet up with them. I found them in the sea of people by CHH. We had a nice visit! They were just starting their trip, having arrived the day before and we were getting toward the end of ours! It was very nice visiting with them and of course her husband did snap a picture of us!
Great pic of you two!

It was almost time for HEA and it was an actual nightmare to get out of the park. I literally thought I was going to get swallowed up by the people around me! I felt panicked several times, yuck!! I did make it out and got a picture to show I was still in one piece!
Yikes! That sounds scary!

My husband starts lecturing me about asking for a signature when getting that much money in the mail, probably true but I had already gotten $1050 in the mail and no problems! I start looking up the customer service number at BJ’s to call, I am sitting on hold and my husband comes in from outside with the package!!:jumping1: He found it in the garbage, I accidentally threw away 450.00 of Disney money:blush: He just gives me the look and tells me I owe him, haha! I was so relieved! What makes this even more important is our garbage is picked up Monday morning! If I wouldn’t have thought to check that email on Sunday, the gift cards would have been gone forever! So happy that didn’t happen. Lesson learned! The scary thing is I have no recollection of throwing that package out with the junk mail, yikes! Thank goodness I am on vacation now until next week!!
Oh my goodness! So glad you found them!

The masses headed towards Pandora and we went right to Dinoland. It was very nice to have very few people heading the way we were going! Our first ride was going to be the all time favorite of mine, Dinosaur! It was a walk on so we did this once through standby and then again with our FP+
Great start to the day!

Our meet with Bolt was a lot of fun! It was boiling hot waiting for him so I am glad he was not a dud!
We had a big glass of ice water from Starbucks after this, it was needed:drinking:
Love that meet!

Our FP journey to the preshow was quite quick today, I am always amazed how there are so few people in the FP line until the lines merge! This ride continues to be my new favorite, so immersive and breathtaking. We have now experienced all the levels and we like the upper level the best!
Nothing like FoP! I can't wait for Bill to experience it in July.

We decided to share the Bacon Cheese Burger Combo, this was the burger with fries, fountain drink, and brownie dessert. This was a good deal for splitting and plenty of food for the two of us. The picture is less than great, however this was really good. The burger was actually very fresh for a Disney burger, there is a fixing bar here and this was nice to load up the burger. The fries and brownie dessert also very good! Not bad since there are so many good places to eat in AK! We enjoyed the air conditioning and resting up a little before going back out in the heat.
Looks great!

Our next spot for a photo was by The UP adventure, I read there was a magic shot with Kevin. We headed over there and got in line. There was a decent line, about a 15 minute wait. We got our photos and do you see what is wrong with this picture? :P Obviously Kevin was not working for us!
No Kevin but you two look great!

Saturday nights are so busy in MK!
Yes, it also was extra magic and those nights are very busy now especially since there are so few now!

Haha! Love this! I don't like my Disney bubble being popped either!
I’m with you, being in the bubble is such a wonderful experience leave the outside world behind!

Great pic of you two!
Thank you, it is always fun to meet the great people from the Dis...

Yikes! That sounds scary!
That being mobbed feeling is scary at times!

Oh my goodness! So glad you found them!
So thankful for Joe and his ability to dig through garbage, lol!

Nothing like FoP! I can't wait for Bill to experience it in July.
Same! I’m so excited for my sister to see it.

No Kevin but you two look great!
Ahh Thanks, Kevin would have been nice, Kaa doesn’t quite go with the grape soda prop, lol
Meeting Bolt was very fun even when it was a long wait!

Day 9 Part 2, I am in a picture with Groot!

It was time to spend an evening in Epcot. We took the monorail over and again very little wait time.
We arrived in the park at about 4pm. Our first stop was the Groot magic shot. This was at the wall in front of the future Guardians ride. The photographer was very nice and did several different pictures for us to make sure Groot was visible. I was happy how the pictures turned out.
Here are the pictures,
IMG_Dec252018at42652PM.jpg
IMG_Dec252018at42620PM.jpg
IMG_Dec252018at42558PM.jpg
Today was the last day for the Guardians remix show in the American Showcase and I really wanted to see this. We walked over to the stage area and found fairly decent seats. We were sweating from the walk and my little fan and water helped to cool us down. We were sitting next to a couple and their son was the piano player for the show. They were so proud and told me all about the show and how good it was. They had been to it 16 times! The show started and we were really enjoying it and all of a sudden the actors just left the stage and that was it! I guess there was lightning in the area so it is immediately stopped. We did see most of it but it was still a bummer not to see the whole show.
A few pictures of the show!
IMG_Dec252018at42154PM.jpg
IMG_Dec252018at42233PM.jpg
IMG_Dec252018at42307PM.jpg
We decided to go into the American Pavilion and watch the show in here. In all our visits we had never done this. It was enjoyable except very long! Nice place to cool down and rest up. When we headed out, the rain was starting, it was light enough on our walk over to Italy. We had a dinner reservation at Via Napoli. We got in the lobby area just before the skies opened up. It really started to rain hard. The place was very busy and somewhat chaotic. We did get called in quickly so that was good. We were brought to the horse themed room. It is in the back and we had never been in here. We were seated at a tiny table right by the fire exit door, of course, anyone familiar with my dining report about tiny table for 2? This would have been perfect for that report, lol!
IMG_Dec252018at42436PM.jpg
We had a nice waiter and ordered the arancini for our appetizer and the small pepperoni pizza to share. We both just had water to drink. The room we were in was very noisy, however it was way better than being outside in the torrential downpour! I was worried the rain was going to come in the door I was seated next to. It rained really hard the whole time we were in the restaurant. We really enjoyed our appetizer and the pizza, both were very good. The light thin tomato sauce on the pizza is so delicious and the pepperoni and crust were perfect. The arancini was good, however I thought it was slightly better the last time we had it.
Arancini
IMG_Dec252018at42502PM.jpg
Pepperoni pizza
IMG_Dec252018at42531PM.jpg
We took our time eating and the rain started to lighten some, however did not stop. We paid our bill and I put my raincoat on and we headed out. We walked briskly to the entrance area of Epcot and up to the monorail loading area. We again skipped out on our 4th FP, it was for Soarin. We weren’t feeling it in the rain. We also missed many other photo opportunities because of the rain.
upload_2018-12-25_16-29-31.gif
We got back to The GF and started packing for departure day:sad: Ratatouille was on tonight so we finished organizing our suitcases and watched the movie. Our trip was coming to an end:sad1:

Day 9 was now in the books! :flower3:

Food totals
Starbucks at AK=$10.00
Restaurantosaurus=$17.50
Via Napoli=$40.00
Total=$67.50

Stay tuned for Day 10, our final morning in MK, soaking it all in!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, we are bracing for our first real snowstorm this winter, it is suppose to start tonight and dump a good 8-12 inches of snow on us, yuck! My son is heading back to Grand Forks today because of the snow. It was wonderful to spend a week with him!

Our first stop was the Groot magic shot.

Those are so cute :goodvibes I feel like such a failure that I missed so many of these PP ops.

We got back to The GF and started packing for departure day:sad: Ratatouille was on tonight so we finished organizing our suitcases and watched the movie. Our trip was coming to an end:sad1:

Always a sad day :sad:

we are bracing for our first real snowstorm this winter, it is suppose to start tonight and dump a good 8-12 inches of snow on us, yuck!

Ugh…good luck!!

I got the Strawberry Açaí Refresher and Andi went with a new pineapple black tea. Both were really good and helped lighten our step some.
Yum, the pineapple black tea sounds great! I don't do Starbucks very often but will have to keep this one in mind.

he people in front of us were discussing “the Yeti” they will encounter on this ride, what??
I am a shy person by nature and I do not usually jump in other peoples conversations but this was just to much:hyper2: I very nicely told them the Yeti doesn’t live on Big Thunder Mountain, he is in Asia on Everest! They just looked at me like I had 3 heads:idea: Andi is a little sarcastic at times, thank goodness! It does make our trips more fun! She looked at me, after this interaction, and said “mom, some people and experiences this trip our just popping your Disney bubble aren’t they”
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: You are must kinder than me to even say anything to these people. I just sarcastically say something to Jason instead :-)

Though I can totally see why you didn't want you Disney bubble popped. Good thing it seems like even with Andi in college its continuing.

I got back to the room around 10pm and as I was walking up the outside stairs, I noticed 3 CM’s in the bushes trying to wrangle a critter. I got a glimpse of the critter and I think it may have been an armadillo maybe?? I hope it was something cute and not scary, lol!
upload_2018-12-15_7-40-18-gif.369980
I had no idea there even were amarillo's in Florida :confused3

He found it in the garbage, I accidentally threw away 450.00 of Disney money:blush: He just gives me the look and tells me I owe him, haha! I was so relieved!
Oh my!!!! What great luck he found it, but how in the heck did you through it away?????

It is PhotoPass Day! Today is Sunday 8/19, this is our last full day! It is amazing how fast even a 10 day trip goes by.
We were in MK this day and I totally forgot about PhotoPass day. Oops!

What in the heck is that????? Very random

This is awesome! Love how he matches your shirt.

The show started and we were really enjoying it and all of a sudden the actors just left the stage and that was it! I guess there was lightning in the area so it is immediately stopped. We did see most of it but it was still a bummer not to see the whole show.
Glad you got to see a little bit of the show, but odd that they would stop something that is covered. :confused3 We had a lot of very strange weather related closings this trip.

It may be 8am here but I could devour this right about now!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, we are bracing for our first real snowstorm this winter, it is suppose to start tonight and dump a good 8-12 inches of snow on us, yuck! My son is heading back to Grand Forks today because of the snow. It was wonderful to spend a week with him!
Merry Christmas to you Caroline!!! Hope the snow isn't too bad.

The photographer was very nice and did several different pictures for us to make sure Groot was visible. I was happy how the pictures turned out.

These shots are so cute!!

Today was the last day for the Guardians remix show in the American Showcase and I really wanted to see this.

I wanted to see it, too, but we never got there. Glad you at least got to see some of it.

The show started and we were really enjoying it and all of a sudden the actors just left the stage and that was it! I guess there was lightning in the area so it is immediately stopped. We did see most of it but it was still a bummer not to see the whole show.

How unfortunate! I know they need to protect the actors, but it's too bad that the show ended so abruptly.

This looks so good! A nice meal out of the rain.

Love the Groot magic shot! I would have a ball on photopass day with all the magic shots!

I love Via Napoli! Definitely one of my favorite WDW restaurants!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter