• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

Such sweet words from Andi! Nice to look back on past trips!

I'm sorry that neither of us are in Disney :( But glad you still have trips to look forward to! And that you are able to spend time with each of your kids!

Great pictures. I hope all your plans work out.
I hope to have plans one of these days. I wish things were back to normal.

IMG_Aug142020at83947PM.jpg
Ah, Bolt! I believe this would have been Photopass Day in August 2018.
I remember because I was waiting in line for Bolt while my family went to Starbucks.
You mentioned you saw him and we suspected that we may have just missed each other.

What a sweet girl Andi is :love: Fabulous photos of you both and such gorgeous comments ( actually brought a lump to my throat reading her signs). You are a very lucky lady to have such great relationships with your kids and be so appreciated by your lovely daughter:goodvibes
It’s so tough thinking of what should have been regarding our summer travels ( for me it was July) but hopefully soon! I look forward to your PTR- that way I can live the dream through you a little until my turn, sometime this century with luck!:shamrock:pixiedust:
Ahh I think so too, she is a sweetheart! She will be home in a few hours and I am so excited. We are having take out from our favorite Japanese restaurant tonight.
I am cautiously optimistic for January but I also know it may not happen.
This is crazy to say when I thought we would be able to go in April and for sure August and November and so far no go!
The flying scares me more than Disney. I also would have to quarantine 14 days when I return so we will just keep waiting....

Yeah. I have a feeling Halloween will be canceled this year...That makes me so sad.
Fingers crossed for all your upcoming trips!!!!!
I don't think I am going to renew our AP's. With no park-hopping and park hours recently decreased again, I feel it's just not worth it right now...This also makes me sad...
I totally agree and does make me sad 😞 I didn’t even think about the little we will get from our AP, especially if park hopping is off the table for 2021. The hours really get me, such short hours for a lot of money 💰 Andi and I love the parks!
What nice memories and kind words from Andi
Ahh Thank you and I loved her little quotes on the pictures!

Thanks for the update! It is always such a struggle. I already told my boss that I if I have to quarantine after our November trip, I will happily do that. I had to cancel 4 trips so far this year, so I have more than 450 hours in my PTO bank, and can only carry over 200 of them. Such real life dilemmas! Have fun with your son and daughter during their visits! :hyper2:
I am so missing our trip right now. We love the hot days of August, we are weird haha 😂
I hope your November trip is awesome and I will be excited to hear all about it.
I think we will all be off with cold and flu season, no one will know what it is, ugh! Right now we have so many Covid sx how will it work??
As a nurse, I am not looking forward to it at all!

I felt so down on July 3rd when we couldn't go, we had like the PERFECT trip planned for that one! From dining to resorts to our whole schedule
I hear you! I felt the same way with. March and now August 😢
We have to be positive! I know I got to go already since reopening but I still am hoping for trips in 2021 that are more like what we're all used to ::yes:: We debated doing Thanksgiving this year since it's really my favorite time to go but Ricky doesn't come home until the day before and doesn't want to rush out again so fingers crossed for Thanksgiving 2021!
I am still holding out a small glimmer of a Thanksgiving trip, I didn’t give back all my vacation for that time, just in case 🤞
That's the sticking point for so many; what their jobs are (understandably) requiring if they travel. I honestly do feel you'd feel safe there and if it's January before you go again I'm confident you'll feel safe then!

Love all your pictures especially the ones Andi sent you
My work is if you fly or are around 50 or more people regardless of masks you quarantine for 14 days. Hopefully in the future we will have the quick tests in abundance and we can just do these for travel 🧳
Yay! I bet you can't wait until everyone is home together again!
It has been nice seeing Jack more this summer, he lives only 2.5 hours away and he has been coming home more on weekends, love it Andi will be home today, yay
Why not start it now? It's fun to dream
I think you are right! So fun to plan!
Aw, those pictures are so sweet
Thank you, I loved Andi’s sayings on them, so sweet!

Good, stay safe and healthy!
Work is... not as much fun.
Work is a close second to a Florida trip, haha 😂
Sigh... sounds wonderful...
I was really looking to Universal days before Disney and I was getting the Universal AP, such a bummer to not do any of it.😢
You're right! I didn't think of that part.
Halloween will be quiet this year. Movies and popcorn 🍿
Happy for you. :)
I went the opposite route. I don't know when I'll be able to go again. Possibly not until 2022. Or who knows????
I kept it just because we did get a lot of use from it, however now that I don’t know what the future holds I may not renew. Such decisions 🧐
I loved Andi’s pictures, so sweet!
She's so right to celebrate you!! You (and all nurses!) are simply amazing, and inspiring me as I get ready to head back to school for in-person Kindergarten next week!!!
Ahh Jackie, I hope your transition back to work is going good. Such uncharted territory right now! I’m glad you did get a couple trips in before school started!
Always love a finger-hook :) It should really be required for riding PoTC!
Yes, we just have to do the finger hook on PoTC!
Andi's posts made my heart melt! I hope you two get your special trip soon.
Ahhh 😌 It made me tearful. It will make our next trip, whenever it may be, so much more special!

Missing a planned trip is hard. You can't help but think about what you "should" be doing. However, through all the disappointments (who would have thought we'd be nostalgic for the brutal Halloween parties in August?!) you've remained optimistic about 2021, and I appreciate that! I'd love to hear about your January plans.
Thank you 😊 It is hard to miss our trip, it really helps me with my job to get to the Disney bubble several times a year. Funny about the Halloween party’s so true. We have had some really quiet ones in August and some very crowded ones, all have been so hot!!
I sure hope we can travel in 2021, not sure 🤔 always changing. I will stay optimistic!

Good plan! I am going to purchase a new AP on my trip next August and if all is right in the world will go August '21, December '21, March '22 and July '22! A girl can dream, right???
We sure can dream!! I never thought January would be doubtful, however, we just don’t know. I will keep dreaming until I walk down Mainstreet again❤
So nice to see both your babies! Love the pics from Andi and the very sweet messages. You have raised her well.
It is so nice to spend time with my babies. They will always be babes to me. I get it now when my mom still thinks I am her baby haha 😂
I loved the quotes Andi sent on the pictures, made me happy and sad all at the same time!

Last edited:
Such sweet words from Andi! Nice to look back on past trips!

I'm sorry that neither of us are in Disney :( But glad you still have trips to look forward to! And that you are able to spend time with each of your kids!
It is so nice to have such great memories of all our trips! I am so grateful for all our trips.
I’m sorry you had to cancel your special trip, I hope the wedding is still on! I’m sure it is difficult planning in this pandemic!

Great pictures. I hope all your plans work out.
I hope to have plans one of these days. I wish things were back to normal.
Hi Jeff, hope all is well! I’m hopeful for future trips for all of us! I just wish it was sooner than later
Ah, Bolt! I believe this would have been Photopass Day in August 2018.
I remember because I was waiting in line for Bolt while my family went to Starbucks.
You mentioned you saw him and we suspected that we may have just missed each other.
Yes this was 2018 PhotoPass day! I can’t believe we didn’t run into you! It was a fun meet, hot wait of course in August. So thankful to have met so many characters over the years!

It is so nice to have such great memories of all our trips! I am so grateful for all our trips.
I’m sorry you had to cancel your special trip, I hope the wedding is still on! I’m sure it is difficult planning in this pandemic!

Unfortunately the wedding has been postponed to next year :( It's disappointing but for the best right now!

Work is a close second to a Florida trip, haha 😂
:sad2:
I was really looking to Universal days before Disney and I was getting the Universal AP, such a bummer to not do any of it.😢
I was going to renew my AP, and possibly my Uni AP as well, but... :confused3
Halloween will be quiet this year. Movies and popcorn 🍿
I'm hoping the kids will still come out. I don't see why not?
I kept it just because we did get a lot of use from it, however now that I don’t know what the future holds I may not renew. Such decisions 🧐
Unfun decisions.

The flying scares me more than Disney
I am exactly the same! If I could be teleported to the Yacht Club ( gotta go with my favourite in this dream scenario) I’d be a very happy person :goodvibes
I’d have no issue going to the parks especially since seeing how things are through @Jenny Sanders and @CruellaNY reports.

Enjoy your time with Andi this weekend. It will be lovely having your girl home :goodvibes

I am exactly the same! If I could be teleported to the Yacht Club ( gotta go with my favourite in this dream scenario) I’d be a very happy person :goodvibes
I’d have no issue going to the parks especially since seeing how things are through @Jenny Sanders and @CruellaNY reports.

Enjoy your time with Andi this weekend. It will be lovely having your girl home :goodvibes
Andi and I were just discussing this. We would definitely go if we lived closer and could drive. I am having such a nice time with Andi home!
Thanks!

Hello Everyone

I hope this post finds you all safe and healthy.

Tomorrow would have been my travel day to Florida and instead I am working this weekend. Yuck 🤢

Andi and I have been texting this evening and missing our yearly August trip.

We would have been spending the first two nights at Universal.

I was so looking forward to this, especially staying at Royal Pacific and having the Express Pass. We would have tried to ride Hagrid’s new ride, get some Vodoo Donuts and enjoyed Harry Potter World.

I would have upgraded our tickets and we would be AP holders at US and Disney! It would have been awesome 😎

Monday would have been the move to Disney, yay 😃 We were booked at Boardwalk Inn with free dining. I had plans to dine at California Grill, Storybook, Crystal Palace and many more!

We also had plans to attend the MNSSHP on 8/18, ahh the good old days! You could actually take candy from strangers without gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer, well maybe the hand sanitizer I always use that.

I decided to keep my AP and will most likely renew it at the end of September. I think we used our passes a good amount. I used mine 27 days and Andi 21 days. We also made use of many discounts for the After Hour events, dining, merchandise and MNSSHP. The PhotoPass being included is really a good savings as well.

I am still hoping we can do 3-4 trips in 2021 with our AP. I would love to do a Thanksgiving trip this November for Andi’s 21st Birthday, however, I don’t know if we will be able to swing it. I am dreaming about it. In a perfect world 🌎

I love reading all the pandemic trip reports. I have to say Disney does look safe and I would travel there, if I worked from home.

My son Jack is home to visit for the weekend, even if I have to work, I will get to spend some time with him ❤ and Andi will be home next Friday, yippee 🥳

I will leave you with some past August pictures!

Take care everyone!!

I hope to start a PTR here in a few months for our January trip. Fingers crossed.

Sweet Andi sent me these today!
View attachment 518574

View attachment 518575

View attachment 518576

View attachment 518577

View attachment 518578

View attachment 518579

View attachment 518580

View attachment 518581

View attachment 518582

View attachment 518583

I`ve just seen this post Caroline......what lovely sentiment Andi sent you.......she is adorable!

The pictures are so lovely, and yes a wonderful set of memories.....

Won`t be long till your next trip now, I hope time flies past till January for you.....

Have a lovely weekend with Andi and hope your son`s visit was wonderful too....... :wave2:

All this talk of Halloween has me curious. Do you guys do dunking for apples and the apple on a string game? We also put money and a ring in an apple tart and whoever gets the money is going to come into money the coming year ( given that you’ve just got the 50p piece technically you already have 😂) and if you get the ring romance is coming your way! I love Halloween parties 🎃 👻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter