“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

I'm happy to hear your travel day was uneventful. Between the snow and short layover, there was room for things to turn downhill fast. But by everything going as it was supposed to, you and Andi got to the warm sunshine faster and were able to enjoy some time at Disney Springs!

Oh dear...that view of a block of air conditioners isn't exactly what you hope for when booking a room. :sad2: And then finding trimmings from previous guests! :crazy2: I can definitely see why OKW is a one and done for you guys.
(And you're right, that tv did look tiny! I'm pretty sure the ones in the refurbed rooms at Pop are bigger.)

So glad the flight connection Gods looked kindly upon you and you had no issues making that 2nd flight.
I’d be a bit bummed by your OKW balcony view and totally grossed out by the dirty room 🤮. Glad the manager tried to make it up to you but it should never have happened. You have me wondering what fresh horrors await you on day 5 ( or is it 6). Hope the resort issues didn’t spoil your enjoyment too much.
The flights always scare me especially living up in the north! I always have to tell myself it is not in your control let it be! Haha 😂 easier said then done!
I want to be honest for people maybe wanting to try out OKW. It is a beautiful golf course resort however, you have to be prepared for long walks, huge place, long bus rides, and I really can’t believe how thin the walls are, foreshadowing :crazy2:

You are the perfect height for this painting! How cool is that????
I thought this area for pictures was very cool and my Marie sweatshirt even complimented the butterfly 🦋 colors!
Well that was an Epic Fail! It was only supposed to show the Winnie the Pooh picture asking if it was snowing yet! One of these days I will get the hang of using that quote feature!
No worries I got it! I use an IPad to write my TR’s and it is a challenge at times, ugh!

Joining in! :wave: I'm excited to hear about Gran Destino and the ticked events especially!
Hi Hanna! Welcome and thanks for joining in!
The flights sound so stressful! I'm always nervous about flying out of MSP in winter, but the additional flight right beforehand...so glad you were able to get out of MN without any delays!
I know! I do love flying out of Duluth when we can such a nice small airport. We usually always fly Delta and the last few years they have improved so much with on time departure I love this!
Blaze is the best, I live near one which is pretty dangerous.
I wish we had one here or maybe not, haha
That's too bad about OKW, I can't believe how long the bus takes to get around the resort! Glad the manager gave you the credit, definitely a lot better than just an empty apology. It's always good to try new resorts so at least you know you are not missing out!
There were to many negatives over the course of our stay here so it won’t make my list to do again. I will tell you all more about the last couple nights that just went downhill!

I'm happy to hear your travel day was uneventful. Between the snow and short layover, there was room for things to turn downhill fast
I was so thankful everything went like it should. Our flight from Duluth to Minneapolis is literally 25 minutes but if you don’t take off on time, not good!
you and Andi got to the warm sunshine faster and were able to enjoy some time at Disney Springs!
It was wonderful! I was so glad the first 5 days were beautiful and warm!
Oh dear...that view of a block of air conditioners isn't exactly what you hope for when booking a room
It was not nice and they were loud when you sat on the deck
can definitely see why OKW is a one and done for you guys.
The gross nails and hair, no ice without a long walk, bus rides that took forever within the resort grounds, and more trouble at the end of our stay.
And you're right, that tv did look tiny! I'm pretty sure the ones in the refurbed rooms at Pop are bigger.)
Andi was laughing at it and she seriously isn’t old enough to have seen a remote like that, 😂

I missed the start again!!

What a shame about the mess of the room, but they made it kind of right, so that helps. But couldn’t have been nice to see, I wouldn’t have wanted to go back there either. And that is a small tv!!!

Love the butterfly picture and you are already off to a good start!!

Sounds like a fun trip ahead......going to try and keep up this time....... :wave2:

I missed the start again!!

What a shame about the mess of the room, but they made it kind of right, so that helps. But couldn’t have been nice to see, I wouldn’t have wanted to go back there either. And that is a small tv!!!

Love the butterfly picture and you are already off to a good start!!

Sounds like a fun trip ahead......going to try and keep up this time....... :wave2:
Hi Carole! I have been slow going with this one so no worries! I hope to get a few posts out soon!
The OKW arrival was a little on the disappointing side and the TV was so little!

I always think the early morning flights are the best at the time of booking, however, when the time arrives, not so much.

Same lol. I'm still happy when I get to Disney early in the day but it's an exhausting day.

The ride to the airport was not fun. The roads were not plowed and we did get about 4-5 inches of new snow.

Yikes. That's scary.

I should have went to the lobby and asked about our room location but I didn’t. Dumb mistake on my part. A little foreshadowing.......

Oh no. That resort is seriously massive!

We wanted to try the crepe for dessert with the bubble waffle but it was closed.

Every single time I've passed that stand it's closed! I'm not sure when it's ever open.

A few negatives, very small TV with a remote from the 90’s,

We stayed there in the Fall and though it was so odd that the room was so large and the tv was so small lol.

We also found toenail clippings on the floor in the little kitchen area and a lot of hair in the bathroom.

That's really gross!

Hi Everyone,

Life has been rough for me the last couple weeks. My dad died suddenly at home
and during this I ended up with a stomach virus that took me out for 3 days! Let’s just say I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy!
My dad lived a long and adventurous life, he was 86 and was able to live at home with my mom until the end.
He started my love of traveling! My dad loved to see the world and he was generous enough to take his children with him.
I was able to travel to many places including some of my favorites Australia, Figi, Galápagos Islands, and all over Europe.
My dad did have end stage Parkinson’s and even at the end he never complained and always tried to do everything himself!
My dad has a beautiful lake place in Michigan and we as a family will celebrate his life in the spring months. This is what he wanted. We are trying to help my mom now since she has spent the last 65 years with my dad and now feels a big loss!
I will be back soon to update
Thanks for listening!

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is so hard. I'm glad your Mom has you there to help her through this difficult time.

I'm so sorry for your loss. And what terrible timing to get the stomach bug right at the same time. Hope you are feeling better from that, and I send you and your family warmth thoughts during this time of grief.

Sincerest condolences to you and your family circle. It's always hard to lose a much-loved parent no matter our age or theirs. Hoping you all find solace and strength in each other to get you through the days and months ahead :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter