“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

Jenny, the AP rates are so good! I was really tempted to book The Poly! I will be living vicariously through you! If the AP rates continue into November I may have to just do it! I sure hope some big discounts continue for 2021!
I couldn't believe it when our fav TA filled me in. I was so excited to change resorts and upgrade. I think you should go for it and book the Poly if the rates continue...

So glad to hear that your mum is settling in and happy in her new home. It will be good for you all to be able to get together to honour your dad too :hug:
Love your photos and the mum/daughter saying made me smile 😊

I'm hopping back on the boards and it was so nice reading your update. :goodvibes I'm glad to hear your mom is liking her new apartment and that you all can gather for the bereavement. Small steps back to normalcy...

So glad to hear you are getting some much deserved time off.

We've been watching all the live streams and vlogs too and loving the crowd levels. Hoping they stay that way and things settle down in October so we can actually go.

Glad you get to do the memorial for your day finally ❤ My father passed away in February and the ground was so frozen we had to wait until April to do the burial and it was HARD. Just served to draw out horrible feelings and a terrible time and once it was finally done.....life slowly moved on.
I sure hope these type of discounts will happen in 2021.
I honestly feel they will for AP holders! Not so sure for regular guests the discounts will be what they usually are but we'll see......
I have decided to renew our AP’s at the end of August. I did my Disney math and the price is almost the same if I renewed or used the January 7 day Park Hopper to buy the AP. What would you all do? I worry if I don’t renew I will miss out on deep discounts for pass holders.
Well since you already have 2 trips for 2021 and if you think there's any chance you'd have at least one more, I say do it :) You can change those reservations to RO and get any AP perks that they put out like the new/current 40% off merchandise!
We've been watching all the live streams and vlogs too and loving the crowd levels. Hoping they stay that way and things settle down in October so we can actually go.
Oh man I hope you go since some totally amazing friends of yours will overlap your stay :love2:

think you should go for it and book the Poly if the rates continue...
I totally agree!!
So glad to hear that your mum is settling in and happy in her new home. It will be good for you all to be able to get together to honour your dad too :hug:
Love your photos and the mum/daughter saying made me smile
Thank you! My mom is adjusting better than I thought. I think it would even be better if this dreaded virus was not such a problem, ugh!
It will be so nice to have the memorial finally! It will help all of us.
I'm hopping back on the boards and it was so nice reading your update. :goodvibes I'm glad to hear your mom is liking her new apartment and that you all can gather for the bereavement. Small steps back to normalcy...
Thank you 🙏 It will be nice to have the memorial service finally! My mom is adjusting and the move was a good one despite no visitors at this time.
So glad to hear you are getting some much deserved time off.

Thank you! It is so nice to have 2 weeks off, wouldn’t it be nice if all was right with the world when I returned? A girl can dream right.
I love watching all the You Tube videos. I do see many things are still closed up especially at Epcot. It still would be nice to be there in the bubble! I hope your trip works out.
Glad you get to do the memorial for your day finally ❤ My father passed away in February and the ground was so frozen we had to wait until April to do the burial and it was HARD.
You are so right! It is hard to move on until we gather for the memorial! It will help all of us and especially my mom. I never thought we would get her to move and this has really been a blessing even with the no visitor policy. I think the new environment helps her some with her grief
honestly feel they will for AP holders! Not so sure for regular guests the discounts will be what they usually are but we'll see......
My new expiration date is perfect for us with the extra month. It will cover a third trip at the end of the summer next year. It will go from the beginning of May exp. date to the end of September yay! If my Disney math is correct, haha 😆 it really isn’t any different with the renewal price versus using the 7 day hopper tickets.
Well since you already have 2 trips for 2021 and if you think there's any chance you'd have at least one more, I say do it :) You can change those reservations to RO and get any AP perks that they put out like the new/current 40% off merchandise!
I agree! Paying for the AP renewal isn’t quite so bad since I am not paying for any 2020 trips now. I hope they keep the good discounts for awhile. If I decide to do a November trip this year. I will let you know!

I'm so sorry to hear about canceling 2020, it's such a crazy year for everything! Those AP discounts are amazing, we are booked in August now and got the 40% discount at Saratoga Springs, so a new resort for us! Makes rescheduling from April to June to August a little easier to swallow

I'm so sorry to hear about canceling 2020, it's such a crazy year for everything! Those AP discounts are amazing, we are booked in August now and got the 40% discount at Saratoga Springs, so a new resort for us! Makes rescheduling from April to June to August a little easier to swallow
Hi 👋 hope all is well with you. Crazy times most definitely. The AP rates are so good! I wish we could swing a fall trip, possibly but I really doubt it. I hope you have a wonderful trip in August. I will be waiting to hear all about it!

Hello Everyone

I hope this post finds you all safe and healthy.

Tomorrow would have been my travel day to Florida and instead I am working this weekend. Yuck 🤢

Andi and I have been texting this evening and missing our yearly August trip.

We would have been spending the first two nights at Universal.

I was so looking forward to this, especially staying at Royal Pacific and having the Express Pass. We would have tried to ride Hagrid’s new ride, get some Vodoo Donuts and enjoyed Harry Potter World.

I would have upgraded our tickets and we would be AP holders at US and Disney! It would have been awesome 😎

Monday would have been the move to Disney, yay 😃 We were booked at Boardwalk Inn with free dining. I had plans to dine at California Grill, Storybook, Crystal Palace and many more!

We also had plans to attend the MNSSHP on 8/18, ahh the good old days! You could actually take candy from strangers without gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer, well maybe the hand sanitizer I always use that.

I decided to keep my AP and will most likely renew it at the end of September. I think we used our passes a good amount. I used mine 27 days and Andi 21 days. We also made use of many discounts for the After Hour events, dining, merchandise and MNSSHP. The PhotoPass being included is really a good savings as well.

I am still hoping we can do 3-4 trips in 2021 with our AP. I would love to do a Thanksgiving trip this November for Andi’s 21st Birthday, however, I don’t know if we will be able to swing it. I am dreaming about it. In a perfect world 🌎

I love reading all the pandemic trip reports. I have to say Disney does look safe and I would travel there, if I worked from home.

My son Jack is home to visit for the weekend, even if I have to work, I will get to spend some time with him ❤️ and Andi will be home next Friday, yippee 🥳

I will leave you with some past August pictures!

Take care everyone!!

I hope to start a PTR here in a few months for our January trip. Fingers crossed.

Sweet Andi sent me these today!

IMG_Aug142020at83901PM.jpg

IMG_Aug142020at83947PM.jpg

IMG_Aug142020at84246PM.jpg

IMG_Aug142020at84440PM.jpg

IMG_Aug142020at84936PM.png

IMG_Aug142020at85132PM.jpg

IMG_Aug142020at85245PM.jpg

IMG_Aug142020at85338PM.jpg

What a sweet girl Andi is :love: Fabulous photos of you both and such gorgeous comments ( actually brought a lump to my throat reading her signs). You are a very lucky lady to have such great relationships with your kids and be so appreciated by your lovely daughter:goodvibes
It’s so tough thinking of what should have been regarding our summer travels ( for me it was July) but hopefully soon! I look forward to your PTR- that way I can live the dream through you a little until my turn, sometime this century with luck!:shamrock:pixiedust:

We also had plans to attend the MNSSHP on 8/18, ahh the good old days! You could actually take candy from strangers without gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer, well maybe the hand sanitizer I always use that.
Yeah. I have a feeling Halloween will be canceled this year...That makes me so sad.
Fingers crossed for all your upcoming trips!!!!!
I don't think I am going to renew our AP's. With no park-hopping and park hours recently decreased again, I feel it's just not worth it right now...This also makes me sad...

Thanks for the update! It is always such a struggle. I already told my boss that I if I have to quarantine after our November trip, I will happily do that. I had to cancel 4 trips so far this year, so I have more than 450 hours in my PTO bank, and can only carry over 200 of them. Such real life dilemmas! Have fun with your son and daughter during their visits! :hyper2:

Tomorrow would have been my travel day to Florida and instead I am working this weekend. Yuck 🤢
I felt so down on July 3rd when we couldn't go, we had like the PERFECT trip planned for that one! From dining to resorts to our whole schedule :(
I am still hoping we can do 3-4 trips in 2021 with our AP. I would love to do a Thanksgiving trip this November for Andi’s 21st Birthday, however, I don’t know if we will be able to swing it. I am dreaming about it. In a perfect world 🌎
We have to be positive! I know I got to go already since reopening but I still am hoping for trips in 2021 that are more like what we're all used to ::yes:: We debated doing Thanksgiving this year since it's really my favorite time to go but Ricky doesn't come home until the day before and doesn't want to rush out again so fingers crossed for Thanksgiving 2021!
love reading all the pandemic trip reports. I have to say Disney does look safe and I would travel there, if I worked from home.
That's the sticking point for so many; what their jobs are (understandably) requiring if they travel. I honestly do feel you'd feel safe there and if it's January before you go again I'm confident you'll feel safe then!

Love all your pictures especially the ones Andi sent you 💕💕

Tomorrow would have been my travel day to Florida and instead I am working this weekend.

:sad: :hug:

My son Jack is home to visit for the weekend, even if I have to work, I will get to spend some time with him ❤ and Andi will be home next Friday, yippee 🥳

Yay! I bet you can't wait until everyone is home together again! :love:

I hope to start a PTR here in a few months for our January trip. Fingers crossed.

Why not start it now? It's fun to dream :-)

Sweet Andi sent me these today!

Aw, those pictures are so sweet :love:

I hope this post finds you all safe and healthy.
So far. :)
Work is... not as much fun.
I was so looking forward to this, especially staying at Royal Pacific and having the Express Pass. We would have tried to ride Hagrid’s new ride, get some Vodoo Donuts and enjoyed Harry Potter World.
Sigh... sounds wonderful...
ahh the good old days! You could actually take candy from strangers without gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer,
:laughing: You're right! I didn't think of that part.
I decided to keep my AP and will most likely renew it at the end of September.
Happy for you. :)
I went the opposite route. I don't know when I'll be able to go again. Possibly not until 2022. Or who knows????
Awwww. :love:

Missing a planned trip is hard. You can't help but think about what you "should" be doing. However, through all the disappointments (who would have thought we'd be nostalgic for the brutal Halloween parties in August?!) you've remained optimistic about 2021, and I appreciate that! I'd love to hear about your January plans.

I decided to keep my AP and will most likely renew it at the end of September. I think we used our passes a good amount. I used mine 27 days and Andi 21 days. We also made use of many discounts for the After Hour events, dining, merchandise and MNSSHP. The PhotoPass being included is really a good savings as well.
Good plan! I am going to purchase a new AP on my trip next August and if all is right in the world will go August '21, December '21, March '22 and July '22! A girl can dream, right???
My son Jack is home to visit for the weekend, even if I have to work, I will get to spend some time with him ❤ and Andi will be home next Friday, yippee 🥳
So nice to see both your babies! Love the pics from Andi and the very sweet messages. You have raised her well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter