“Updated” MDE app being a pain for anyone else?

I have 5.1 on Android. Maybe I'm lucky, but all my plans show up and everything is working. Was even able to do my online check-in.
Hopefully it starts working for everyone else.

I have 5.1 on Android. Maybe I'm lucky, but all my plans show up and everything is working. Was even able to do my online check-in.
Hopefully it starts working for everyone else.
Maybe but I doubt the phone in question would have any bearing on how things appear on the website when using a PC

Glad you were able to get those! I was just thinking how angry I would be if it was my ADR or FP day. I love how it will shows me part of page on app for Get FP, and it tells you you can't cause you have 3, but won't show them! Just tried switching to Firefox on Mac, and no luck there either.

Yeah, I would be mad too if it was my FP day. Yesterday was my ADR day though and while I was a little frustrated with it at least I was able to call and make dining reservations and was able to get what I wanted. I was having problems on both the app and the website. Very weird stuff, reservations showing in app but it wouldn't let me make an ADR there, then my reservation not showing in the website but saying it is linked to my wife's account. Still having problems this morning too. Related to IT I have been unable to download memory maker photos from our last trip. When I try to download them I get random pictures from family members' trips or ones from our past trips in no particular order. Considering they orbit around MDE so much I don't understand why they can't have a better IT system.

After Disney somehow lost my large Disney rewards redemption card payment on Thursday, I was told late yesterday by a CM that there are technical issues with the system. I still haven't received email confirmation that the $3,300 payment has been applied to pay off my June reservation, though they have said verbally that it has.

After Disney somehow lost my large Disney rewards redemption card payment on Thursday, I was told late yesterday by a CM that there are technical issues with the system. I still haven't received email confirmation that the $3,300 payment has been applied to pay off my June reservation, though they have said verbally that it has.
Some people receive confirmation emails and others don't. Like most other things with Disney IT, it is hit or miss.

Some people receive confirmation emails and others don't. Like most other things with Disney IT, it is hit or miss.
That is good to know. I would just feel better to have it in writing since they lost it once!

Apparently I am technologically illiterate - I have never figured out how to use the phone and apps at the same time.
Either that or you have Sprint or Verizon who nietger one can do both unless you are on WiFi.

App is STILL not working for me. I have been able to do some things on the computer - or a browser on my phone as I am without internet at home right now - but this is annoying.

The new app (and website) started working very well for me during the past week... And then one of my dining reservations dropped off my account yesterday and it won't let me re-link it :rolleyes:
I need to stop getting my hopes up that MDE will ever work properly...

MDE was awful in the parks this week. Information came and went seemingly at random. My least favorite was trying to use the map to find anything. It literally showed random info. AK only has one bathroom in the entire park. Really MDE? Characters don't have any times until after their first set has started. I got the warning that it couldn't access my plans many times. I also got the dreaded 1 guest glitch while trying to make or modify FPs. When I went to the screen to pick people for the party, I was the only one shown. I didn't know it did that (I've seen where it shows you one guest many times but never realized it actually wouldn't recognize they were there when making changes).

It was the worst I have seen it in the parks. This latest incarnation of MDE (Now with ads on the home screen instead of your plans!) is more horrible then usual. I plan to send an email to GS.

MDE was awful in the parks this week. Information came and went seemingly at random. My least favorite was trying to use the map to find anything. It literally showed random info. AK only has one bathroom in the entire park. Really MDE? Characters don't have any times until after their first set has started. I got the warning that it couldn't access my plans many times. I also got the dreaded 1 guest glitch while trying to make or modify FPs. When I went to the screen to pick people for the party, I was the only one shown. I didn't know it did that (I've seen where it shows you one guest many times but never realized it actually wouldn't recognize they were there when making changes).

It was the worst I have seen it in the parks. This latest incarnation of MDE (Now with ads on the home screen instead of your plans!) is more horrible then usual. I plan to send an email to GS.

Wow. I’m so sorry!

I just emailed them about the inability to see plans or resort information since the update.

I am currently at the Beach Club and have not been able to see my resort info since the update. IT is trying to fix it. But they don’t know when it will be back up. At least Fastpass, Photopass and Mobile Ordering is working.

I am currently at the Beach Club and have not been able to see my resort info since the update. IT is trying to fix it. But they don’t know when it will be back up. At least Fastpass, Photopass and Mobile Ordering is working.

Seems like IT should beta their updates before releasing them!

After reading all the comments, I'm afraid to do the latest update. My MDE is working just fine. Our trip is in 3 weeks so I think I will wait till we are there and do the update if needed.

After reading all the comments, I'm afraid to do the latest update. My MDE is working just fine. Our trip is in 3 weeks so I think I will wait till we are there and do the update if needed.

Probably smart! I wish I could undo the most recent update!

Just went into the app on my phone and the website on my laptop. I didn't update anything and my FP are showing only for 1 person instead of 2! Hoping this is just one of those messes that is the Disney MDE and it fixes itself in the next few hours.

All of you having issues with MDE relating to currently being on a trip or planning a trip, PLEASE email Guest Services. Disney needs to hear from people how their crappy IT is impacting people's trips.

All of you having issues with MDE relating to currently being on a trip or planning a trip, PLEASE email Guest Services. Disney needs to hear from people how their crappy IT is impacting people's trips.

Already done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter