“You’re My Favorites: Now Go Away!” Feb/Mar 2019 First Family Trip (Complete 8/19)

While we were trying to figure things out, our unlucky seatmate and her sister saw us and offered to help. I apologized profusely for the vomit, thanked her for the dolls, and said that we could handle the bags once we got them lined up properly. She and her sister were having none of it. They said that they were from a large family who all had to pitch in and that their mom had taught them better than to leave us with all of that stuff ourselves. They essentially gave us no choice, each grabbing a large rolling bag and heading for the exit. When we all made it out to the median, we thanked them and apologized again, but they brushed it off and said they were glad to help. Seriously, saints!! My father in law was there within minutes. We quic
This made me tear up a bit! Honestly it’s so nice when there are people willing to help out! We seem to have a bit of a vomit issue on the plane now. To the point where DIllon told me she doesn’t want to fly on Thursday ekkkk!

As those of you who have been following my PTR know, our decision to wait four years to return to Disney fell apart soon after our return. Long story short: Hubby and I had one crazy kid-free day at AK in July and we’re bringing the whole crew back for a last-hurrah-before-kindergarten in just a few short days. If you want the long story, feel free to peruse my PTR. Otherwise, I have every intention of starting another trip report just as soon as we take the kids to celebrate Halloween a mere 67 days early.
How did I miss this PTR! Hoping over, to catch up, but let’s be honest if you get the Disney bug sometimes it’s hard to avoid it.

And be on the look out for the crazy lady yelling at her kids in the YC lobby that will be me, by the time you get there I’ll be 100% in crazy lady mode!

Honestly it’s so nice when there are people willing to help out! We seem to have a bit of a vomit issue on the plane now. To the point where DIllon told me she doesn’t want to fly on Thursday ekkkk!

Oh dear! Have you tried anything to proactively treat it? We're looking at options, but I don't mind will voluntarily eat ginger chews and I don't know how they'll react to kids Dramamine.

And be on the look out for the crazy lady yelling at her kids in the YC lobby that will be me, by the time you get there I’ll be 100% in crazy lady mode!

I'll keep my eyes peeled. You may have an easier time of it, though. I'm the one with the same kids three times. :rotfl: Actually, on the 25th, I'll have my three plus my friend's three, so I have to assume we'll stick out like sore thumbs.

Oh dear! Have you tried anything to proactively treat it? We're looking at options, but I don't mind will voluntarily eat ginger chews and I don't know how they'll react to kids Dramamine.

I’ve done some research and since it isn’t on every flight, I think it’s when she doesn’t eat anything to soak up the acid in her stomach. She doesn’t eat bread! I have a plan and good vomit bags this trip so we shall see!

I'll keep my eyes peeled. You may have an easier time of it, though. I'm the one with the same kids three times. :rotfl: Actually, on the 25th, I'll have my three plus my friend's three, so I have to assume we'll stick out like sore thumbs.
Haha love it! I’ll be on the look out!

But I feel like your way more prepared then me and I’m like fake prepared,

FABULOUS TR!!!!

I can't wait to hear about your next adventures with those fabulous girls of yours!!

It's too bad your afternoon didn't go as well as your morning (how frustrating regarding the FP not being available for meeting Mickey and Minnie!), but I think you still had a great final Disney day. It's always sad to leave Disney but it seems you made the most out of your last day!

What WONDERFUL women - both on the flight and the airport! It's amazing how a generous person (or people) can make a tough situation so much easier. I'm sorry the girls didn't feel well on the flight, but it's so nice that the others around them were so kind!

I'm sure having so many Disney snacks made your return home a bit more magical. Also, I love the picture of your girls with their lightsabers!

:rotfl2: I love that your "go again in four years plan" turned into a "return in seven months plan"! I think that's what these boards do to us! I'll be over to check out your PTR and look forward to another trip report! Thank you so much for such a wonderful report - I really appreciated all your detail and loved hearing about your wonderful family vacation!

I have really, really enjoyed your report. Your girls are amazing! (which speaks highly of their parents! :))

Wow, I was getting teary eyed reading about the unfortunate seat mate! So good to see there are beautiful souls out there!

I will definitely be heading over to your PTR!

Lynn

We did a full lap of the restaurant and, other than a roped off area marked “Reserved”, every table was full with very few patrons there to eat.

Ugh this is one of the most frustrating things about QS meals.

On the way out, we passed a group of CMs who were applauding whenever people walked through a small square taped on the ground. It was such a little thing, but the kids got an absolute kick out of it.

It's funny because little things like this are some of the memories that still stick with me from childhood!

Hubby clearly didn’t hear the CM say we were making a grumpy face, which might make the family photo even better

:rotfl: :rotfl:

but C eventually struck up the nerve to tell the Queen that she didn’t have to be jealous because she and Snow could both be pretty.

Awww

In order to do so, he would have had to go over straight away, but he didn’t want to leave me to get three tired-but-hyper kids showered and in bed by myself.

What a good man.

With our morning time crunch, I decided it was better to already have the bags that we could down there so that I wouldn’t have to either wait for bell services or bring them myself in the morning.

Wow I never thought of this- what a smart idea.

Since that event only includes an extra hour of park time, I’d be pissed if I spent that kind of money and missed any of it.

It amazes me how people will spend extra money like this and not do the research to maximize their time.

To that end, I had Hubby on a separate ADR from the rest of us so his separate ticket would guarantee us a second set of pastries.

Wow good thinking.

Of course, after going through the hassle of doing split ADRs, our order came out with two pastry plates anyway.

Of course. If you hadn't split the ADRs, I bet that wouldn't have been the case lol

Getting to be the very first people on Peter Pan is one of the stories that they keep repeating whenever folks ask about the trip.

What a great memory.

I’m not entirely clear why my name was never called, and the app never did update to say I should come get my food, but I didn’t have any time to stay and complain about the delay.

This has happened to us before. Very annoying.

“Did you hear that, Mom, we can come back to do Halloween with Mickey!” and all of the adults chuckled at my poor bank account.

:rotfl::rotfl: Little did they know!

As it was only covered in crumbs, not explosives, it did eventually get approved and returned to us :P.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Meanwhile, the oh-so-understanding aforementioned seat mate had folded a few napkins into little dolls and sent them up with the attendant, along with her hopes that the girls were feeling better. It turns out B tossed all over the belongings of a saint!

The poor girls getting sick on the plane but you guys really had some understanding people around you. At least you didn't have jerks who would've made a bad situation worse.

While we were trying to figure things out, our unlucky seatmate and her sister saw us and offered to help.

Wow! Definitely saints.

B told me in a menacing voice, “Darth Vader doesn’t pose,” so I’m definitely going to have my hands full with that one.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing the girls' first trip with us. You guys really made the most of it and made memories that will last a lifetime. I can't wait to hear about the next one!

I really enjoyed your trip report! Kids first time in Disney is so special. I will never forget my first trip with my uncle and grandma when I was 5. They would be gone 2 and 5 years later, every time I am in Disney I can feel them there with me and it is special.

The vomit woman made me seriously tear up! What a complete saint she is! She probably doesn't even know how much her gestures meant to your family! I am so sorry that B and C got sick on the plane. Hopefully they dont focus on that part when thinking about Disney!

I am glad the dining plan worked out well for your family. I think a trip with lots of Character breakfasts and or signature meals makes the plan worthwhile. My Husband and I spent over $200 on California Grille in May and similar at Yachtsman Steakhouse last September, the DP would have been well worth they money for those two meals alone!

Great TR! I think the DDP was definitely a great move for your family and like you said, allowed you to get the things you wanted rather than be frugal!

I'm glad you all had a great trip and I'm glad your girls are making it back for the holiday season! lol

My cousin and mom also get very sick on airplanes, poor girls. So lucky that the seatmate was SO kind and understanding. A little bit of Disney magic leftover ✨

I sincerely hope you write another TR for your "Halloween" trip because I can't even imagine the gems that will come out of the girls for that 🤣

What a mess with the mobile ordering! And i'm sorry the day kinda ended on a sour note with the ride situation. But hey, using up all your l eftover credits sounds like a fun way to say goodbye!!

Oh nooo I'm sorry 2 of the 3 girls got sick on the way home. What an understanding seat mate you had!! Especially after the flight when she offered so much help!

That pic of the girls with their lightsabers is too cute!

Thank you for sharing your trip, I enjoyed reading all about it! Can't wait for the next TR!

Read through the whole thing, and OMG, what a first trip! You did an amazing job with the planning and managing 3 5 year olds - I wish I had been half as prepared on our first trip! I enjoyed reading this so much and laughed out loud multiple times. Your girls are adorable and definitely full of personality and I'm sure you've got some fun years - and additional trips! - ahead of you. As I was reading there were several things I wanted to comment on specifically, but now, of course, I have forgotten them all so I'll just say thank you for sharing your adventures and your family! Looking forward to the next one!

Wow, what a masterpiece!!! I mean the planning of the trip, the execution of it, and the reporting of it! This is one of the best reports I’ve read in about fifteen years of reading them on and off! I feel like that Ali express store ought to be paying you commission, haha! And I feel so frustrated on your behalf by the way the whole Mickey meet went down on the last day. I learned so much from this report alone - the photo booths being a highlight (so many missed opportunities!! Will have to make up for it next trip). Your girls are so sweet and hilarious - I feel like my five year old would love them (she’s more shy but also not a runner/wanderer type). The DDP analysis was so interesting and I loved that you compared it to an estimated moderate splurge budget, which I don’t recall having seen before in other reports. What a huge effort it must have been to crank out all these posts while the kids weren’t around, after the Herculean task of planning the whole thing. I am so psyched about reading your next trip report and can only imagine the palpability of the excitement at your house right now, what with the trip being so close!!! I hope you have an even better time (if such a thing is possible!) the second time around!

Haha love it! I’ll be on the look out!

But I feel like your way more prepared then me and I’m like fake prepared,

All this preparation just means that I can adapt when things go awry. With 6 Disney-crazy kids, we'll be making a scene one way or another. I just have to hope it's the "Awe, how cute!" kind.

What WONDERFUL women - both on the flight and the airport! It's amazing how a generous person (or people) can make a tough situation so much easier. I'm sorry the girls didn't feel well on the flight, but it's so nice that the others around them were so kind!

They were truly incredible ladies. We were very lucky.

:rotfl2: I love that your "go again in four years plan" turned into a "return in seven months plan"! I think that's what these boards do to us! I'll be over to check out your PTR and look forward to another trip report! Thank you so much for such a wonderful report - I really appreciated all your detail and loved hearing about your wonderful family vacation!

Thanks so much for reading along! I'll definitely be doing another report soon.

I have really, really enjoyed your report. Your girls are amazing! (which speaks highly of their parents! :))

Wow, I was getting teary eyed reading about the unfortunate seat mate! So good to see there are beautiful souls out there!

I will definitely be heading over to your PTR!

Lynn

Thanks so much for reading along. We lucked out- they really are good kids, which makes the whole three-of-them thing a little easier.

Wow I never thought of this- what a smart idea.

It would have been overkill if not for the tight morning schedule. Under the circumstances, it definitely made things easier for us in the AM.

It amazes me how people will spend extra money like this and not do the research to maximize their time.

That add-on isn't cheap, either, considering you need to use a day's admission, too. If I booked something like that, I'd want every detail.

:rotfl::rotfl: Little did they know!

Seriously!

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing the girls' first trip with us. You guys really made the most of it and made memories that will last a lifetime. I can't wait to hear about the next one!

Thanks so much for joining in. It was an incredible trip and I loved being able to share it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter