“You’re My Favorites: Now Go Away!” Feb/Mar 2019 First Family Trip (Complete 8/19)

That's a bummer about Crystal Palace PPO breakfast - I LOVE that meal! Perhaps I'll have to schedule a late breakfast/early lunch on a future trip as I'd hate to miss it!

You'll remember the girls having so much fun in that splash pad for years to come! What a great Disney memory and such fun for the girls. Don't mind the critical folks - some people will find anything to complain about. I'm glad your non-promise worked out so well!

I hope your late night didn't affect your next day too much, but I'm glad you all got to experience Test Track (and A and your husband got to experience it twice!).

What a lovely Disney day!

I worked hard to shut down the intense Disney planner voice in the back of my head (We have playgrounds at home! We do not have Test Track at home!

I wound up using that argument quite a lot, even with a number of rides. We'd walk past the flying carpets and want to get on, and I'd point out that if you want to go around in a circle up in the air, you can do that all day at the State Fair, but the State Fair has no Jungle Cruise! (In the end, we actually had enough time at MK that we did eventually ride them.) A similar logic also helps me feel better about missing The Seas (we have 3-4 awesome aquariums within a day's drive) and Maharajah Jungle Trek (the NC Zoo is bigger than Animal Kingdom).

Apparently, the DVC booth CM took quite a liking to the girls because she brought them over this.

That is quite a sticker haul!

However, every mom knows that sometimes, “Maybe, we’ll see” is the best way to postpone the fight in the hopes that the kids will forget.

::yes:: my favorite is "Let's try to do that later." Lies, lies, lies lol

The poor CM helping everyone to exit politely asked how the ride was and got an earful about buttons being too far away. All complaints were forgotten when the girls saw the climbing structure at the ride exit.

:laughing: My younger boy was similarily disgruntled with the button situation.

That little playground after Mission Space was a highlight for my kids, so I guess I could have just taken them to Chik Fil A for an afternoon instead of spending thousands on a Disney vacation. :sad2:

“Well, that’s going to be a rough bus ride. Good luck with that!”

That's so rude! Who even asked you, dude?

It sounds like you really had a great day at Epcot and went with the flow when the weather didn't cooperate!

It may have been a late night but it sure sounds like it was fun! I'm glad you were able to ride TT and it didn't stay down!

Hubby and I dug into the nachos. Our whole meal was so much better than it had any right to be. The nachos were easily enough for two, loaded with thoroughly unhealthy but delicious toppings. After a day of touring, the margarita was a welcome treat, too. Since the kids were still hungry, we grabbed an order of churros to share before heading into the pyramid.
The nachos, margarita and churros sound perfect!

In case you can’t tell, that is a giant line of stickers. To suggest that the girls were in their glory would be quite the understatement. They were thrilled and decided that, with so many stickers, they should start handing them out, as well. Unfortunately, their delivery left something to be desired. From my vantage point on the bench, it was hilarious watching them run up to parents pushing a stroller, shove stickers in their hands, and run back to me before the confused moms could figure out what had just happened. It’s the thought that counts, right?
That is hilarious but also so nice of your kids to immediately think about others instead of keeping them all to themselves!

Enjoying your report. DS was 5 on our first trip and DD 5 on our second trip and it’s a fantastic age for Disney.
Smiling at pre-schoolers though as both of mine were in their second year at school by 5 here in the U.K.
thanks for the pricing details.

Sounds like a great day at Epcot! I can't believe people would comment about you letting them play in the splash pad. Uh hello they're children!

Glad you guys were able to get on TT- and good catch with getting a 2nd FP for it!

The drinks came after Mickey and I happily took advantage of my adult beverage included on the DDP. My Citrus Freeze (Florida Cane ‘Orlando Orange’ Vodka, Peach Schnapps, and Mango Puree) was exactly my kind of drink: sweet and fruity.

So good!! I could really go for one of those right now.

At this point, it was 12:30pm, or 35 minutes past our reservation time, and we had seen all of the characters already. I had left a full two hours in my schedule for this meal, as folks say that character meals can take so long to be seated, served, and greeted, but we were not having that experience at all.

Garden Grill seems so much faster than other character meals, but without feeling rushed at all. They've got it down over there and they really need to share their tricks with their friends over at the Crystal Palace, which seems to always be on the slower side.

After skimming his article, he ended up snagging the pen from the bill and writing us a note on a napkin (that’s how seriously he wanted to tell us) that he and Dale were best friends, not brothers.

I always assumed they were brothers too, my mind is blown a little bit- how funny that he was so adamant about them just being friends.

I love this. And I totally have that struggle about the playgrounds... I swear they need bars near them to make the adults have a little fun as well.

If there had been a fun snack stand nearby, I would have been able to drag the girls away sooner, too.

I love that you got your own car!

Given how backed up the line was that night, I'm surprised they didn't give us a single rider.

Your daughters looked like they were having a ball dancing and in the splash zone!

I love the nachos from Mexico, yum!

Glad you all did get to ride TT, it does go down a lot!

They were absolutely having a ball. They were literally squealing with joy that whole time.

Haha! people are always so surprised by identical multiples! I still get asked if the boys are identical and when I say yes, they are like "well, they don't look alike!" No, one has long hair and one has short but yes they are identical.

Hahaha, how weird when people try to challenge you on it, right? "Why did you ask me if they were identical if you didn't think they look similar? Also, are you aware that hair cuts are not in fact genetic?"

People were giving you grief about letting the kids splash in the pad? Sheesh... I give you kudos for coming up with a new plan on the fly AND fulfilling a (psuedo) promise to the kids. They look like they were having a blast in the water, and that's the most important thing.

Yeah, some people just like to hear their own voices, I think. The girls were having a total blast, maybe the grumps were jealous :-)

You mentioned having to push the umbrella stroller with two hands on your walk to the Mexico pavilion, and that leads me to ask how you liked the stroller overall. We're using an umbrella for Evie this summer and have wondered if Landon can hop in it every great once in awhile when he gets tired. He'll be over the limit but will need it so rarely that it won't be worth bringing our good stroller. I know your girls are a little younger than Landon, but I was curious about your feeling towards the stroller in general.

On this trip, we were using the double jogger and the single umbrella because we knew we were pushing the kids past their bedtime. There simply wasn't going to be any way they would sit through Illuminations or Fantasmic and have the energy to walk back to Boardwalk afterwards: we needed three seats. On the other side of things, we wanted the flexibility to have one parent move with all three kids, which we accomplished by folding the umbrella and resting it on the canopy area of the double. Two rode, one helped push, and we got from point A to B while a parent got in a snack line, rode a bigger ride, etc. Because of our set up, we got a really simple umbrella that we could fold easily; it was minimal by design. If I were bringing an umbrella as my only stroller, I'd want to make sure it had a good parent console for drinks, storage underneath, etc. Our umbrella did not and it would have been sorely missed had we not had the good storage on the double.

That's a bummer about Crystal Palace PPO breakfast - I LOVE that meal! Perhaps I'll have to schedule a late breakfast/early lunch on a future trip as I'd hate to miss it!

You'll remember the girls having so much fun in that splash pad for years to come! What a great Disney memory and such fun for the girls. Don't mind the critical folks - some people will find anything to complain about. I'm glad your non-promise worked out so well!

We did the late breakfast reservation at CP later in our trip, which was great for us. I like a big breakfast but Hubby prefers lunch food. He got a little breakfast but loaded up on lunch, I went the other route and loaded on breakfast, we both walked out happy.

Yeah, the splash pad ended up being one of the highlights of the trip. It was just pure joy.

I wound up using that argument quite a lot, even with a number of rides. We'd walk past the flying carpets and want to get on, and I'd point out that if you want to go around in a circle up in the air, you can do that all day at the State Fair, but the State Fair has no Jungle Cruise! (In the end, we actually had enough time at MK that we did eventually ride them.) A similar logic also helps me feel better about missing The Seas (we have 3-4 awesome aquariums within a day's drive) and Maharajah Jungle Trek (the NC Zoo is bigger than Animal Kingdom).

I really tried to focus on the fact that my kids were having fun, more than our ride count. If the playground was what they wanted to do, then so be it, even if it made me twitch a bit to think about what we could be doing instead.

That is quite a sticker haul!

Yeah, they kept saying, "It's longer than us!", incredulously.

:laughing: My younger boy was similarily disgruntled with the button situation.

That little playground after Mission Space was a highlight for my kids, so I guess I could have just taken them to Chik Fil A for an afternoon instead of spending thousands on a Disney vacation. :sad2:

The button thing was really a problem for them. My kids also loved the play area but, since it was raining and our plans had just gotten messed up, I was glad that they were entertained while we regrouped.

That's so rude! Who even asked you, dude?

Some people just feel the need to insert themselves for no reason.

It may have been a late night but it sure sounds like it was fun! I'm glad you were able to ride TT and it didn't stay down!

I was really glad it came back up, too. That was a highlight for most of us when we finally got to ride.

The nachos, margarita and churros sound perfect!

Yup, that would be my perfect QS meal, to be honest.

That is hilarious but also so nice of your kids to immediately think about others instead of keeping them all to themselves!

They tend to be very social, including kids, so I wasn't surprised that they wanted to share. I did get a kick out of the delivery, though :-)

Enjoying your report. DS was 5 on our first trip and DD 5 on our second trip and it’s a fantastic age for Disney.
Smiling at pre-schoolers though as both of mine were in their second year at school by 5 here in the U.K.
thanks for the pricing details.

Yeah, this age really was a fun time to go. It's weird, in the US public school doesn't generally start until kids are 5-turning-6 with Kindergarten. But, most parents put their kids in at least one year, often two, years of school prior to that. So, preschool is actually the first year or two of school.

Sounds like a great day at Epcot! I can't believe people would comment about you letting them play in the splash pad. Uh hello they're children!

Glad you guys were able to get on TT- and good catch with getting a 2nd FP for it!

Some people just like to hear their own voices. Grumps!

I was really glad that TT finally came back up because, kids aside, Hubby and I really wanted to try it, too!

I always assumed they were brothers too, my mind is blown a little bit- how funny that he was so adamant about them just being friends.

I was really surprised that he so strongly wanted to communicate that particular piece of information. I didn't realize they were allowed to write notes, since I know they're so particular about how their signatures have to look, etc.

Park Day Three: Magic Kingdom (TP Crowd Level Predicted 5 and Actual 6)

Despite the long day prior, C and I were up with the sun once again. We tossed on some clothes as quietly as possible and headed down to Boardwalk Bakery for our morning coffee. She was a lost cause but I was hoping that A and B could sleep a bit. The bakery opens at 6:30am and we were, once again, some of the first patrons. After grabbing coffee, we stopped for photobooth photos (aka time killers).

iNRHaxul.jpg

uD9TMr3l.jpg

As part of the photo process, the booth tells you to, “treasure these magical moment forever,” which made me laugh out loud. Sorry, photo booth, but that time I was using you to try to entertain my kid when she woke up an hour early isn’t a memory I’m going to cherish. On the way back toward our room, C saw some cool Adirondack chairs tucked under the stairs behind the village green that she wanted to show her sisters. When we got back, B was up but A was still resting, so I headed back out, now with two in tow, to kill a bit more time.

5AJIxn3l.jpg

shvC8xTl.jpg

The second set of photo booth shots was done at 7:15 and I figured A had to be up by then. Back in the room, we all had a quick breakfast and got ready to head to the Magic Kingdom. We were walking down to the bus stop at 8:00am to see that we had just missed an MK bus. As would be true throughout our trip, the MK bus times weren’t updating on the board or the app, so we had no way of knowing how long our wait would be. The bus eventually came at 8:26am and we found ourselves walking up toward security at 8:41am. We had a thorough security line, too, and found ourselves speed walking up to the hub just in time for the welcome show.

Our original plan for the morning was Buzz -> Astro -> Barnstormer (triple swap required) -> Dumbo -> Tea Cups -> Ariel Ride -> Ariel M&G with 1st FP -> BoG 11:35am lunch reservation. After our 1st MK day, we swapped “Buzz -> Astro” which we’d already done in favor of Merida, whom we’d missed. Her greet doesn’t officially open until 9:15 but we found out the hard way that trying to sneak a ride or two in first could mean that the line closed before we got there. Unfortunately, because of our bad bus and security luck, I didn’t have a chance to get coffee before the rope dropped. To be fair, I’d had plenty at the resort, but life is always better with a frappucino, right? I could have sent Hubby with the kids to Merida while I got drinks, but the path to Merida is also the path to 7DMT and I wasn’t going to send him through that mess alone with three kids, one of whom would have to be walking with him instead of safely contained in a stroller.

We marched with the crowds until we made the left at Cosmic Rays and headed to Merida’s area. We were the second family in line and it grew behind us quickly. We used the Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters as our autograph book for this trip, which I would highly recommend to anyone else with little ones. It is definitely bigger than your normal autograph book (I had to but my park bag specifically so that this book would fit) but it was great to have. To kill time in line, we would read about the character we were meeting, other characters from that movie, other characters we had already met, etc. Plus, now that we’re home, the book can get pulled out and read through again, rather than just being left on the shelf.

We were let in to meet Merida promptly at 9:15. When she spotted the girls, she immediately recognized that they were triplets and started talking about her brother, asking if they were good or if they were also trouble makers. She even flipped to the boys’ page in the book, circled, them, and wrote “Wee Devils” before signing her own page. We had a great meet with her and it was worth every bit of hassle. We did some regular posed pictures and then A asked for one with everyone shooting arrows.

muFYs2sl.jpg

We finished up with Merida at 9:20am and headed over to Barnstormer. In case anyone is unfamiliar, because of the car design, only 2 riders can ride per car and an adult must be immediately next to each child under 7; unlike other rides we couldn’t ride 3 across or have an adult accompany from behind. With 2 adults and 3 kids under 7, I knew we’d need to triple swap in order to get all three a chance to ride. In my research, I read a few accounts that indicated, in cases when all of the party are tall enough, CMs will let you wait together and do the swaps at the platform. The more consistent story was that people had to use rider swaps and wait the FP line for each successive ride. When we got up to the CMs and asked to do the swap at the platform, they said that we had to use the RS passes and loaded them onto me, Hubby, B, and C. I then went into standby with A while Hubby waited with B and C.

Because it was so early, A and I were past the FP merge right away and only had a short wait to ride. In the meantime, B and C were getting quite upset with Hubby. At our local theme park, we do ride swaps all the time, but always at the loading platform. The other two girls thought that, since they weren’t allowed to get in line with me and A, they weren’t going to have a chance to ride. Hubby quickly talked B off the ledge, but C was clearly feeling the effects of burning it on both ends for three days. By the time A and I got out of line, she had switched to being upset about having to take so many waiting turns. I sent Hubby and B into the FP line while I tried to calm C down a bit more. We sat near the ride exit to watch for Hubby and B so that we could go straight into line as soon as they got out. She would have fun for a minute or two, then remember she was upset and start grumping again.

As soon as B and Hubby were off of the ride, I went around into the FP line with C. Unfortunately, even after the FP merge, there’s still maybe an 8 minute wait to board. While that’s perfectly reasonable for a FP wait, it was adding up for us with having to go through it 3 times. Despite it finally being her chance to ride, C was grumping about how it wasn’t fair that she had to wait so long. She wasn’t wrong, either, but sometimes life isn’t fair. I tried to distract her from her grumps by pointing out the pin collections that the family behind us in line were wearing. A boy and girl, I’d say late teens, were traveling with their parents and both wearing extensive collections. We started talking about how pin collecting worked and the son quickly popped a Chesire Cat pin off of his lanyard and gave it to C to start her own collection. It was incredibly sweet of him and just the thing C needed to brighten up. Soon after, she got her turn to ride and we all met up at the exit. As for the coaster itself, the kids all enjoyed it but no one thought it was worth the triple swap hassle we had to go through. All in, we spent 30 minutes swapping through all three kids and made it to Dumbo at 9:56am.

Dumbo was posting a 25 minute wait which was higher than I was expecting for 10am but not awful. That is, until we found out that the play area wasn’t open. For anyone unfamiliar, there’s a short section of line leading up to what looks like a hostess stand where a CM hands out buzzers like at a restaurant and then kids can go into the extensive play area to wait. My research had indicated that they opened the play area once the wait broke 20 minutes, but it wasn’t open when we got there. The kids could see into the area and they saw a handful of CMs coming and going, working on the computer at the hostess stand, etc without actually opening the play area. Every parent in line was having to explain to their kids why they couldn’t go play, which was incredibly frustrating. I think I said, “I don’t know, girls, maybe it will be open soon,” at least a dozen times over the course of those 25 minutes. Our one distraction was when C saw that the girls ahead of us in line had pins. She whipped out her Chesire Cat, asked to trade, and somehow ended up not only trading but also being given another pin. The little girl she was trading with was maybe 8 years old and would have given her a couple more, but both her parents and I stepped in to pause things before she very sweetly gave away too much of her collection. Of course, the play area finally opened up just as we were being sent outside to board our elephant. We were flying through the sky and fighting over who got to control the elephant at 10:21am.

When we unloaded, the kids wanted to go back into the play area. I tried to tempt them with tea cups and Ariel rides to convince them to move on, but they just wanted to climb. I explained to the CM at the entrance that we had just waited through the whole line and asked if there was any way to just cut through to the play area. She apologized but confirmed that we’d have to wait again to get through to the play area and let us know that the play area opens at 10am so that we could plan better next time. I managed to swallow my “We were in that line at 10! We were right at the stupid hostess stand at 10! You opened the play area 20 minutes late!” and we got back in line. Things were more backed up, so we probably had to wait 10 minutes just to get into the play area.

As I sat on the bench watching the girls climb, I really had to remind myself that the whole point of the trip was for the kids to have fun. Before the trip, Hubby and I had talked about letting ourselves be in the moment while we were on the trip. He was (rightfully) concerned that the kids would be enjoying something off-schedule and I’d be trying to force them back to “the plan”. I promised that, outside of hard-to-get FPs or ADRs, I’d do my best to be flexible when the kids wanted to do something that would push us off track. In this case, I was more annoyed at Disney than anything else: they should have been able to play while we were waiting, not waiting then playing. As it was, we let the girls play for about 30 minutes, blowing through our tea cups and Under the Sea time, before we had to go to make it to our FP for the Ariel meet.

IarN9jsl.jpg

oZ0uE2El.jpg

bC5SeZfl.jpg

We got to the M&G just after 11 and were the second family in the FP line. The girls really liked meeting Ariel with her tail. A and I were wearing our Ariel shirts today, so we both got separate pictures, too. From the greet, we headed around New Fantasyland to our early lunch ADR.

We were let in to meet Merida promptly at 9:15. When she spotted the girls, she immediately recognized that they were triplets and started talking about her brother, asking if they were good or if they were also trouble makers. She even flipped to the boys’ page in the book, circled, them, and wrote “Wee Devils” before signing her own page. We had a great meet with her and it was worth every bit of hassle. We did some regular posed pictures and then A asked for one with everyone shooting arrows.

muFYs2sl.jpg
Sounds like an awesome meet! Do they girls like her especially because of the triplet brothers?

A boy and girl, I’d say late teens, were traveling with their parents and both wearing extensive collections. We started talking about how pin collecting worked and the son quickly popped a Chesire Cat pin off of his lanyard and gave it to C to start her own collection. It was incredibly sweet of him and just the thing C needed to brighten up. Soon after, she got her turn to ride and we all met up at the exit. As for the coaster itself, the kids all enjoyed it but no one thought it was worth the triple swap hassle we had to go through. All in, we spent 30 minutes swapping through all three kids and made it to Dumbo at 9:56am.
That is so sweet! Did the other girls get into pin trading too, or just C?

When we unloaded, the kids wanted to go back into the play area. I tried to tempt them with tea cups and Ariel rides to convince them to move on, but they just wanted to climb. I explained to the CM at the entrance that we had just waited through the whole line and asked if there was any way to just cut through to the play area. She apologized but confirmed that we’d have to wait again to get through to the play area and let us know that the play area opens at 10am so that we could plan better next time. I managed to swallow my “We were in that line at 10! We were right at the stupid hostess stand at 10! You opened the play area 20 minutes late!” and we got back in line. Things were more backed up, so we probably had to wait 10 minutes just to get into the play area.
Ugh, so annoying! And it's just such a tease for families waiting!

We marched with the crowds until we made the left at Cosmic Rays and headed to Merida’s area. We were the second family in line and it grew behind us quickly
YEAH! At least you knew you were going to meet her this time!

the Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters as our autograph book for this trip, which I would highly recommend to anyone else with little ones. It is definitely bigger than your normal autograph book (I had to but my park bag specifically so that this book would fit) but it was great to have. To kill time in line, we would read about the character we were meeting, other characters from that movie, other characters we had already met, etc. Plus, now that we’re home, the book can get pulled out and read through again, rather than just being left on the shelf.
We used that book the first few trips. And smae thing it was great to keep adding to and read and use even after the trip.

We did some regular posed pictures and then A asked for one with everyone shooting arrows.

muFYs2sl.jpg
Great shot!

She wasn’t wrong, either, but sometimes life isn’t fair.
This is the sentence I think I say the most to my girls.

We started talking about how pin collecting worked and the son quickly popped a Chesire Cat pin off of his lanyard and gave it to C to start her own collection. It was incredibly sweet of him and just the thing C needed to brighten up.
Those parents are raising that boy right! How sweet of him!

Did you ever make it into the play area? I will say it is kind of a pain to get your kids OUT of that area...

The Merida meet sounds wonderful. I forgot that she had triplet brothers and laughed when she included "wee devils" next to their picture.

I never even thought about the logistics of Barnstormer with multiple young kids. Not going to lie, the lazy parent in me probably would have skipped that attraction, so kudos to you for toughing it out and going through the triple pass routine.

What a bummer that the play area for Dumbo opened up AFTER you were through that part of the queue. It's so difficult when kids can see a play structure but can't utilize it.

Love your Ariel shirt for the morning!

That Merida meet sounds wonderful! I love that she has a triplet connection, that must have made it extra fun for the girls!

The Barnstormer swaps sound aggravating and I don't know if that ride is even worth it. We rode it a few times and that wait after the FP merge is the worst.

We are 2/2 for successfully avoiding the Dumbo play area, but it is nice to relax the itinerary a little just to let the kids play when they need to.

I love all the photobooth pics!

Sounds like a great meet with Merida!

Sorry about the hassle at Barnstormer. That was nice of the stranger to gift C a pin!

That really stinks about the Dumbo play area!

Glad you got to meet Merida this time!

That sounds like a terrible hassle to ride Barnstormer. I agree that it's not a long time in the FP line but with 3 kids to do it with, I'd get annoyed too so I don't blame C lol. Very kind of the person in line to gift C a pin. DBF and I try to do this also with kids when they admire our pins since we usually have a ton of traders. It's fun to spread some pixie dust to little ones!

Really enjoying your TR and reading about how you manage Disney with three young kids.

As I sat on the bench watching the girls climb, I really had to remind myself that the whole point of the trip was for the kids to have fun. Before the trip, Hubby and I had talked about letting ourselves be in the moment while we were on the trip. He was (rightfully) concerned that the kids would be enjoying something off-schedule and I’d be trying to force them back to “the plan”. I promised that, outside of hard-to-get FPs or ADRs, I’d do my best to be flexible when the kids wanted to do something that would push us off track.

I had to laugh at this. I remember years ago when my kids were about 5 and 8, and I had planned everything to the hilt - the way you now have to do at Disney if you want to avoid spending all day waiting in lines. I had a complete meltdown because the other adults travelling just did not "get" how much work I had put into this plan and you can't just decide you want to go on a ride with a 75 minute wait right now!! I think some conversations like you had with your hubby before the trip would have helped!!

Sounds like an awesome meet! Do they girls like her especially because of the triplet brothers?

Definitely. They love anything with a multiples connection!

That is so sweet! Did the other girls get into pin trading too, or just C?

They ended up all collecting together.

Ugh, so annoying! And it's just such a tease for families waiting!

Quite the tease!

YEAH! At least you knew you were going to meet her this time!

Right?!? I didn't realize I'd have to lose a RD just to meet her with less than a 40 minute wait, but so it goes.

This is the sentence I think I say the most to my girls.

Yeah, it's a tough lesson to learn. The other one I find throwing out a lot is, "I don't actually want to do that, either, but that's what we have to do." Be it laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc, I have to keep reminding them that sometimes you have to do the boring stuff, too.

Those parents are raising that boy right! How sweet of him!

He was incredibly sweet.

The Merida meet sounds wonderful. I forgot that she had triplet brothers and laughed when she included "wee devils" next to their picture.

I never even thought about the logistics of Barnstormer with multiple young kids. Not going to lie, the lazy parent in me probably would have skipped that attraction, so kudos to you for toughing it out and going through the triple pass routine.

What a bummer that the play area for Dumbo opened up AFTER you were through that part of the queue. It's so difficult when kids can see a play structure but can't utilize it.

Love your Ariel shirt for the morning!

I seriously thought about skipping Barnstormer, but my girls love those little, zippy type roller coasters. It was a one-and-done for us on the waiting front, though.

I love that shirt, too! It was a teepublic find.

That Merida meet sounds wonderful! I love that she has a triplet connection, that must have made it extra fun for the girls!

The Barnstormer swaps sound aggravating and I don't know if that ride is even worth it. We rode it a few times and that wait after the FP merge is the worst.

We are 2/2 for successfully avoiding the Dumbo play area, but it is nice to relax the itinerary a little just to let the kids play when they need to.

The kids had a blast in the play area, so I can't be too annoyed. I just wish it had been open on time so that the playing and waiting could have happened simultaneously.

The Barnstormer swap was that much more of a hassle because the FP merge still leaves several minutes of line to wait through.

I love all the photobooth pics!

Sounds like a great meet with Merida!

Sorry about the hassle at Barnstormer. That was nice of the stranger to gift C a pin!

That really stinks about the Dumbo play area!

They were having a blast in the photobooth. I was really happy that I had read about it being included in memory maker because it was a great benefit for us.

Glad you got to meet Merida this time!

That sounds like a terrible hassle to ride Barnstormer. I agree that it's not a long time in the FP line but with 3 kids to do it with, I'd get annoyed too so I don't blame C lol. Very kind of the person in line to gift C a pin. DBF and I try to do this also with kids when they admire our pins since we usually have a ton of traders. It's fun to spread some pixie dust to little ones!

The Barnstormer swap was certainly a hassle, but I'm glad we can say that we did it. That's sweep of you to share trading pins. It was a really sweet moment for my girls and a fun way to say that they started their collection.

Really enjoying your TR and reading about how you manage Disney with three young kids.

I had to laugh at this. I remember years ago when my kids were about 5 and 8, and I had planned everything to the hilt - the way you now have to do at Disney if you want to avoid spending all day waiting in lines. I had a complete meltdown because the other adults travelling just did not "get" how much work I had put into this plan and you can't just decide you want to go on a ride with a 75 minute wait right now!! I think some conversations like you had with your hubby before the trip would have helped!!

Hubby and I were definitely on the same page with this trip, which was so important. When we were sitting in the Dumbo play area, I took a deep breath and thought to myself, "Ok, this is what they want. It's fine," and then he said, "Man, I can't believe this is what we're doing. We're missing out." We both laughed because it turned out, after all that, he was the one battling the need to get back to the plan even more than me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter