•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I just sold my BRV, but had a really hard decision doing this because of the studio situation at CCV. I love BRV. However, having more points than I needed, decided to capitalize on the profits I’d make selling my BRV. Now, I have two resorts that are extremely hard to get studio accommodations. What was I thinking.....:headache:

I am a bit confused as to why there are not studios available 11 months out. I read somewhere the problem is due to the cabins and no enough studios. This is very concerning to me. I did wait until evening to check on the studio. So for this resort do you actually have to log in at 8:00 am to be able to book studios at the 11 month window?

I would wait list it and and hope for the best at the next declaration, there are still 2 dedicated studios and 3 lock off 2 bedrooms to be declared.

Yes, it was President's Day weekend. I didn't realize it would be so popular. Our schools are not out for that holiday. I was just really surprised because we have owned at Beach Club for years and never had a problem on 11 months out. Honestly, I was 'testing' it yesterday because my date is actually March 1, 2020 that I want, so I was just logging in to see what would happen at 11 months so I know now to online early for the date I am trying to get. Thanks. I am very sad about this because we bought two 50 point contracts planning to give them to our daughters in 10 years so they can get a studio for 5 nights every other year (or add on if they want more). I have had to heart failures and two strokes in the past few years, and I wanted to come up with a way to make sure they continue to go and enjoy Disney when I am no longer here to take them. So I hope it works for them. Maybe Disney will make another resort like SSR where there will be a chance to get a studio at the 7 month window. I used to think having the resorts in other places were nice, but now I can see it seems better to have the resorts at Disney World for availability.

They have been declared, recorded yesterday actually which is likely why a couple days ago availability across the resort showed up. But definitely still waitlist.

Thanks I hadn’t heard that yet, I guess we’re fully declared now?

I happened to be on Orange County’s website wanting to look at something and noticed yesterday afternoon it was recorded, i forgot the effective date of the decleration but probably slightly before being recorded. I’d suspect the normal sites (like DVCNews, @wdrl might know more) will eventually publish a story on it. Based on the small amount left to declare I’m betting it was full, but from looking it seemed the final possible studios were declared.

Last edited:

They have been declared, recorded yesterday actually which is likely why a couple days ago availability across the resort showed up. But definitely still waitlist.

Good find! I checked yesterday but before it was posted. This declaration includes the North side of the second floor, as well as two cabins so I believe that’s all, we are fully declared.

Here’s a link to it on the OC Comptroller website:
https://or.occompt.com/recorder/eag...156270.pdf?id=DOC2589S53.A0&parent=DOC2589S53

While troubling, I'm not terribly surprised by the relative lack of options for a studio at DVC anymore, except at the lower demand resorts. As others mentioned, the last few builds have brought in numerous buyers who can't afford to go to Hawai'i often, nor can they afford to buy bungalows or cabins which are touted as the cachet for owning at Poly or Copper Creek. We've all heard the Disney pitch and felt the tug of the Disney emotions at various times, including buying DVC. They have done a masterful job of tapping into the warm fuzzies of the Disney cocoon. I can see the salesperson now, promoting the serenity of the Lodge (which while true is less serene than it once was) and how cool it would be to stay in a cabin! "You can get into a cabin for as little as 87 points a night, and if you buy 200 points and then bank and borrow them, well by golly, you could stay for 6 nights!" Now, we know that most people buying DVC aren't going to want to wait three years to get to the magic, and they'll want to maximize their stay, so staying the very next year in a studio for a week is what they grab. Once you've tapped into those points, it's difficult not to keep using them, never saving up for a cabin. Disney has brought in a ton of buyers (including their own lowered resale buy-ins) who may dream of larger accommodations but reality has them grabbing studios. Wave the carrot, Disney.

Now, that's not to say I'm faulting Disney since it's a smart strategy, but that philosophy certainly has increased the number of buyers who wind up mostly being able to afford studios with the occasional 1BR splurge. More specifically, the week following President's Day is the Princess Half-Marathon and there may be some bleed over into that event. Certainly, my wife and I would book early to enjoy Disney before crippling ourselves running. pirate:

Agreed. Havent watched CC closely but wonder if % of points dedicated to bungalows is high compared to total points. Of course with Poly being only studios and Bungalows issue may not be as noticeable.

Why yikes? If I can’t get in CCV, I’d try my other home resort, or another favorite we have.

Of course you should stay where you like. VWL is a great resort and favorite of many and like all resorts will have people who will pick it and others who won't.

Yes, it was President's Day weekend. I didn't realize it would be so popular. Our schools are not out for that holiday. I was just really surprised because we have owned at Beach Club for years and never had a problem on 11 months out. Honestly, I was 'testing' it yesterday because my date is actually March 1, 2020 that I want, so I was just logging in to see what would happen at 11 months so I know now to online early for the date I am trying to get. Thanks. I am very sad about this because we bought two 50 point contracts planning to give them to our daughters in 10 years so they can get a studio for 5 nights every other year (or add on if they want more). I have had to heart failures and two strokes in the past few years, and I wanted to come up with a way to make sure they continue to go and enjoy Disney when I am no longer here to take them. So I hope it works for them. Maybe Disney will make another resort like SSR where there will be a chance to get a studio at the 7 month window. I used to think having the resorts in other places were nice, but now I can see it seems better to have the resorts at Disney World for availability.
I wouldn’t stress about giving them to your daughters in the future! Most DVC resorts are very hard to get into the first few years then members start not using their points as much and the hype of the resorts die down a little and it’s eaiser to get in at 11 months! You have a bunch of new owners all excited to use their new points right now!

I wouldn’t stress about giving them to your daughters in the future! Most DVC resorts are very hard to get into the first few years then members start not using their points as much and the hype of the resorts die down a little and it’s eaiser to get in at 11 months! You have a bunch of new owners all excited to use their new points right now!
Guilty! With new DVC resorts opening up in the next few years the newer ones will become the sought after places!

Last edited:

Good point, in ten years (or when the point comes they have a family of their own and need to vacation without us) it should be fine. And it is such a beautiful resort!

I am new at this forum stuff so excuse me if I repeat something already said. I agree that as new resorts open they will be the ones that people try to get in first, easing demand on CCV. My question would be what was it like with previous resorts? Did KWR and BLT go through the same growing pains? We joined DVC/CCV in August 2017. We love the place. It is family comfortable. But we have taken a different approach. Our plan is to use CCV for our big every other year family vacation since the larger rooms seem to have more availability and we will be planning these trips 11 months in advance. We just did our first family vacation the first week of December in a Grand Villa (awesome). The rest of the time when it is just the two of us, we want to do two 3 night trips a year at other resorts. So far we have stayed at BLT and PVB in 2018 and have booked BWV and AKL for this year. The AKL booking was the first one that I had to do at 7 months. Did that last week for mid October. The others were within the 7 months. I will add that we are both retired so we are more flexible about when we go.

Silly question, explain the difference between fully declared and sold out.
Fully declared means that the Association has all the units "declared" legally speaking to be apart of the Association. Sold Out is something different in that it means DVD has sold the original set of points that it intended to sell for the Association. So being sold out implies you are fully declared (can't sell points not apart of the Association) but being fully declared does not guarantee that. So right now Copper Creek is fully declared but DVD still has some points from that declaration they need to sell still. Prior to units, which aren't the same as Vacation Homes a unit consists of 1 to many Vacation Home, they aren't a part of the Association.

One is a legal term used to describe the Real Estate Interest the Association owns/controls the other is an operational term used to describe when DVD considers the resort sold out (not actively marketing and sold the initial set of points, and some points ROFR/foreclosed, it declared).

Thank you. Is the functioning inventory different than what is declared?

Lets say you had a potential 100 units. Only 75% are declared. Is Disney only allowed to rent out(via dvc points) those 75 units? Are the remaining 25 unusable? Or are they used for cash reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter