•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

The last part of the email about the point extensions makes me think that availability with be difficult and the borrowing restrictions will be in place for a while. I’m glad they were ready this time to announce their plans.

571543F6-6E4C-409E-B0B1-0D404D75D77E.jpeg

This looks like WDW is taking a page from DLR playbook. I wonder if it’s going to be a permanent change.

With all the changes, I originally booked for Thanksgiving 2020. Moved it to late January 2021. And now I have booked the end of February 21 and the end of April 21. I thought two separate stays would mitigate the risk better. And delaying would allow for a more “normal” visit. The whole booking adventure made me appreciate being DVC more. Lots if flexibility and knowing I have a great place to stay, no matter when it will be!

Re-booked our family trip from this month to Christmas week. I had said many times that I'd never go at that time, due to costs and crowds. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. The crowds should be smaller than the typical amount over the last few years and with the parks open for over 4 months by then, the added overhead and precautions should be well advertised and understood.

Re-booked our family trip from this month to Christmas week. I had said many times that I'd never go at that time, due to costs and crowds. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. The crowds should be smaller than the typical amount over the last few years and with the parks open for over 4 months by then, the added overhead and precautions should be well advertised and understood.

Oh, I'd love to go for Christmas week, even if we didn't do much in the parks. Just waking up there on Christmas morning would be magical.

Any part of WL is the best place to stay during the holidays--it was made to be festive and evoke traditions. Even if you didn't go into a park, it would still be a marvelous vacation.

Oh, I'd love to go for Christmas week, even if we didn't do much in the parks. Just waking up there on Christmas morning would be magical.
I thought about doing that as well, hubby likes the idea of being somewhere warm for Christmas but then I would miss Christmas with my grandbaby (3) so I decided against it. Just going a couple of weeks a head of time will have to be enough.

Hi again all!!! Our May 23-29 trip in a 2br was of course canceled and I WAS booked at AKV Jambo house for September 26-October 1.

Now I am happy to say that we are booked for those same dates at Copper Creek in a studio-not the studio with walk-in shower. (I am hoping that we can request "upper floor" and get one the the elusive alternate studios).

I tried to begin the check in process but got the "Goofy" and try again later. I have read through the pages a bit and most of the rooms end in 115 (floors 2-7). I have a TP subscription and I put in a room request for 3115 (even though their layout says it is a 2br lockoff but I know it is a studio w/tub per you amazing people). I will request Upper floor whenever check in open for our reservation.

So, since I booked a Deluxe Studio then I should get a Tub/shower combo and if I request "upper floor" then I have the best chance I can hope for on an alternate studio. right?

Our traveling party is my husband, adult daughter and I. So, the separation (even though there is no actual door) would be good.

Thanks CCV owners and admins for this page. We are excited to get a chance to stay at CCV.

Hi all, we stayed at Beach Club through buying points in May 2018 and we loved it (just a studio). We plan to come again to WDW next year (end of July) and part of us says just stay at Beach Club again as it was a great location and the pool was fantastic - only thing I didn't like was poor proximity to Magic Kingdom. So I had a look at CCV and I do like that location (for MK), but obviously the pool won't be as good and not as central to the other parks. What are people's thoughts on comparing the two? I think being that time of year, a good pool is a must have as well!

Thanks!

Hi all, we stayed at Beach Club through buying points in May 2018 and we loved it (just a studio). We plan to come again to WDW next year (end of July) and part of us says just stay at Beach Club again as it was a great location and the pool was fantastic - only thing I didn't like was poor proximity to Magic Kingdom. So I had a look at CCV and I do like that location (for MK), but obviously the pool won't be as good and not as central to the other parks. What are people's thoughts on comparing the two? I think being that time of year, a good pool is a must have as well!

Thanks!
As you surmise, the proximity of CC to MK is wonderful as you can take either the bus or the boats, the latter of which is almost like another ride at Disney. You are also correct that the pool isn't anywhere near as fabulous as the one at BCV. You would have access to two pools at CC, but combined, they still don't equal Stormalong Bay. As for transportation to other parks beyond MK, we've found the buses at WL are generally good.

Otherwise, the vibe is totally different at the two resorts. BCV has the excitement of being close to Epcot, walkable to DHS, and close to a few other resorts and the Boardwalk and all that area has to offer in terms of restaurants and entertainment. The Wilderness Lodge, on the other hand, masters the serenity and peacefulness many seek after spending all day in a park. The second-to-none theming, the views of the lake, the landscaping, the music, the smells, that amazing lobby, and even the smaller lobby and quiet areas over in the VWL building make this one of the most relaxing places you'll find in Disney. In short, if you want a great pool and desire to be entertained while away from the parks, then BCV would win. Conversely, if you want a place to kick back, soak in the ambiance, and recharge your batteries, CC (and the whole of WL) is the clear winner. Best wishes in your decision.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I hope you all are safe and doing as well as you can during these crazy times.

I have a CCV question:
My fiance and I had our honeymoon tripped booked for CCV and our wedding had been postponed. We might have a small elopement so we kept our 'DisneyMoon' reservations (just cancelled the cruise part). So we are really hoping to celebrate in Disney July 16th to July 25th! The parks will be open and we are pretty sure we will be going!

We have a reservation for a studio with walk-in shower. What are the best room requests to put in? This is also our 'Welcome Home' trip! It is going to be a memorable trip FOR SURE!

With all the changes, I originally booked for Thanksgiving 2020. Moved it to late January 2021. And now I have booked the end of February 21 and the end of April 21. I thought two separate stays would mitigate the risk better. And delaying would allow for a more “normal” visit. The whole booking adventure made me appreciate being DVC more. Lots if flexibility and knowing I have a great place to stay, no matter when it will be!

This is SUCH a great way to look at it! I hope you are able to experience the magic soon!

Hi everyone! I hope you all are safe and doing as well as you can during these crazy times.

I have a CCV question:
My fiance and I had our honeymoon tripped booked for CCV and our wedding had been postponed. We might have a small elopement so we kept our 'DisneyMoon' reservations (just cancelled the cruise part). So we are really hoping to celebrate in Disney July 16th to July 25th! The parks will be open and we are pretty sure we will be going!

We have a reservation for a studio with walk-in shower. What are the best room requests to put in? This is also our 'Welcome Home' trip! It is going to be a memorable trip FOR SURE!

Depends on what you want. For a quieter room, request facing BRV. Full balconies end on I think the 5th floor, and laundry is on the 4th floor, so those are good things to keep in mind if a high floor is important and you care about a balcony or laundry. A high floor room near Geyser Point facing the main pool/Wilderness Lodge will get you a chance at seeing fireworks.

Thanks!
We did a split stay in Oct 2019.....and had the best of both worlds! Concentrated on DHS/Epcot while at BC and the other two parks while staying at our home resort of CCV. Stormalong Bay was indeed fantastic but the ambiance of CCV cannot be compared :)

The parks will be open and we are pretty sure we will be going!

Hopefully you have tickets for the parks. There have been some changes and you will need a park reservation to enter. Also, no fireworks for the near future. Check the news and rumors forum for more information.

Otherwise, welcome home!

We always like facing the courtyard so we can people watch, but I think any view for copper Creek would be good

I haven’t stayed in a studio before at CC. Are the walk in shower rooms the better rooms for studios?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter