• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

It’s now August! Which is making it feel really real that our vacation is coming up (though still 29 days away). We’re taking our godson and his parents (who of course are dear friends of ours, but let’s be honest, it’s to spoil our godson!), and we’re giving them the Royal treatment, lol. We’re heading down 3 days early with our oldest for some family time, staying 2 nights in a CCV Cabin. Then 2 nights CCV Grand Villa with our friends and godson, and then 3 nights AKV Jambo Grand Villa to end the trip with them. So excited!!

Having never stayed at CCV Cabins or Grand Villas, any advice or recommendations?? I’m not sure when we might splurge on such high point cost rooms again, so definitely want to make the most of them!!

It’s now August! Which is making it feel really real that our vacation is coming up (though still 29 days away). We’re taking our godson and his parents (who of course are dear friends of ours, but let’s be honest, it’s to spoil our godson!), and we’re giving them the Royal treatment, lol. We’re heading down 3 days early with our oldest for some family time, staying 2 nights in a CCV Cabin. Then 2 nights CCV Grand Villa with our friends and godson, and then 3 nights AKV Jambo Grand Villa to end the trip with them. So excited!!

Having never stayed at CCV Cabins or Grand Villas, any advice or recommendations?? I’m not sure when we might splurge on such high point cost rooms again, so definitely want to make the most of them!!
This sounds like an amazing trip!

One thing we have enjoyed relative to the cabins is sitting outside and watching the fireworks with the music that is synchronized in the patio/hot tub area. Planning ahead, you could potentially enjoy some ice cream or dessert out on the patio picnic table while you watch the fireworks or lounge in the hot tub!

One other hit for our family was taking along the Apple TV and having a movie night in the large living space of the cabin with pizza and snacks. It was a nice way to chill after an otherwise long day at the parks.

This sounds like an amazing trip!

One thing we have enjoyed relative to the cabins is sitting outside and watching the fireworks with the music that is synchronized in the patio/hot tub area. Planning ahead, you could potentially enjoy some ice cream or dessert out on the patio picnic table while you watch the fireworks or lounge in the hot tub!

One other hit for our family was taking along the Apple TV and having a movie night in the large living space of the cabin with pizza and snacks. It was a nice way to chill after an otherwise long day at the parks.
You can see fireworks from the CCV GVs?

We have a 4 night stay for May 2023. Please say it's so and my wife/family will be SOOOOO happy! We requested the highest floor possible.

We have a 4 night stay for May 2023. Please say it's so and my wife/family will be SOOOOO happy! We requested the highest floor possible.
Others may have to answer this question relative to the grand villas, but you can definitely see fireworks from a number of the cabins depending on their orientation. I have not yet stayed in a grand Villa at CCV, but I am scheduled to do so in March and can report back relative to fireworks after that.

I requested 5th floor in the hopes that we’d be able to see some of the fireworks. I was absolutely surprised and delighted in February when we could see some of the fireworks from our balcony in a 2BR at BRV.

We were in GV on 4th floor in May and could see the fireworks, especially well from the balcony on the bedroom on the opposite side from master.

You can clearly see them from the area on the Bay Lake side of Geyser Point Bar & Grill. The Enchantment music is piped in, too.

Guests can stand on the sidewalk or sit on the low retaining wall.

Even better, the Electrical Water Pageant kicks off nearly immediately after Enchantment ends. Be sure to check out the 50th anniversary scenes before and after the Pageant.

Hello,
I booked my daughter, son-in-law and 1 year old grandson in a 1 bedroom in September. They will need a crib and high chair. Can anyone please tell me are these both available only on request? And what kind of crib is available? Is it for rent or courtesy? If anyone can share a photo that would be awesome :)

thank you!

Good Morning from The Lodge! Just stopping in for breakfast 😊

7F6C0C02-51B7-4FE2-B895-DF93FF7782C4.jpeg

D135AF1C-E852-4282-BD32-E22DC043DD34.jpeg

11B2BA27-92EA-4DA6-B519-A6B7616A8FAD.jpeg

6F3B87C5-BC53-42F0-A011-0897A635A3D7.jpeg

9812AE39-138F-49F2-B45C-FD39D89A349B.jpeg

Hello all!! We are super excited to be staying at CCV for the first time in mid-November! Ive always wanted to stay at WL & was happy to discover info about renting DVC points so we booked a 1 bedroom villa! I would like to try to make a room request. (I know it very well may not be honored but id like to try) What should I request if I want a one bedroom that could potentially give us partial fireworks or Electric water pageant views? Or just a pretty view in general? Thanks for any help!!

Hi all, super excited to stay for the first time at Copper Creek in October!

Just curious how far apart CC and BR are? I believe they are separate buildings, but would we be likely to hear the BR refurb / construction noises if we are at CC? (I’m anticipating a ground level room as we booked a deluxe studio, not walk in shower, but I could be way off the mark… )

Just curious how far apart CC and BR are? I believe they are separate buildings, but would we be likely to hear the BR refurb / construction noises if we are at CC? (I’m anticipating a ground level room as we booked a deluxe studio, not walk in shower, but I could be way off the mark… )
They are not far from each other at the closest point, but depending on the room you could be pretty far from BR in CC. This means you may or may not hear much but that also depends how much noise they are making at the time of your visit and where they are working within the BR building.

If you want to minimize the impact, you could request a higher room number (on first floor, 1130 is closest to BR and 1168 is the other end of the hall) and/or an odd-numbered room so you face away from BR. The higher the room number, the farther from the lobby, but we just stayed in 1160 last week and it was very convenient to the main pool and Geyser Point for food and the beverage refill station.

Copper Creek is in the main lodge building (with the exception of the cabins) as the villas are comprised of converted hotel rooms. Boulder Ridge is in a separate building connected to the lodge by a covered walkway. While CCV is on the side of the lodge closest to BRV, they are still a good 100 to maybe 250 feet apart depending on where you measure it. Here you can see the relationship. So far, it looks like they aren't doing any exterior renovations (unlike VGF).

wilderness-lodge-map.jpg

They are not far from each other at the closest point, but depending on the room you could be pretty far from BR in CC. This means you may or may not hear much but that also depends how much noise they are making at the time of your visit and where they are working within the BR building.

If you want to minimize the impact, you could request a higher room number (on first floor, 1130 is closest to BR and 1168 is the other end of the hall) and/or an odd-numbered room so you face away from BR. The higher the room number, the farther from the lobby, but we just stayed in 1160 last week and it was very convenient to the main pool and Geyser Point for food and the beverage refill station.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter