•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I didn't notice anything different the 2 times I went last week.

Rumor has it that there will be menu changes in the next 30 days, say goodbye to the Cheesy Barbecue Brisket. >:(
While we do enjoy the brisket dip and would hate to see it go, as long as they leave the burger alone, I'm not adverse to a menu change. We used to love Geyser Point, but our last couple of meals there have just been ok. It could use some work IMHO. I think it's been coasting a bit lately and the drinks are kind of awful unless you love sweet, fruity drinks. I mean I get it - it's a pool bar - but up at Territory Lounge they have some really interesting cocktails. It would be nice if at least one or two of them (or something of that caliber) could make their way down to GP. I actually sent a drink back the last time we were at GP for the first time ever in my life. It was supposed to be a margarita (I ordered it as I thought that was something that was pretty hard to screw up) but tasted like straight lime juice. It was completely undrinkable.

While we do enjoy the brisket dip and would hate to see it go, as long as they leave the burger alone, I'm not adverse to a menu change. We used to love Geyser Point, but our last couple of meals there have just been ok. It could use some work IMHO. I think it's been coasting a bit lately and the drinks are kind of awful unless you love sweet, fruity drinks. I mean I get it - it's a pool bar - but up at Territory Lounge they have some really interesting cocktails. It would be nice if at least one or two of them (or something of that caliber) could make their way down to GP. I actually sent a drink back the last time we were at GP for the first time ever in my life. It was supposed to be a margarita (I ordered it as I thought that was something that was pretty hard to screw up) but tasted like straight lime juice. It was completely undrinkable.
Other than the occasionally over cooked edamame I've never had a bad meal at GP.

Does anyone know if they have started using the building next to GP? Sure is a nice space to not have any use for it.

Last minute (at least for us) in January to celebrate our DD17s early graduation! We are doing a triple split stay including a splurge for two nights in the cabins. 2023 has been a rough year including DD17 being diagnosed with POTs and it really negatively impacting her digestive system and energy, losing two family members, and both of my parents declining health so this is much needed.

My main concern is DD17 and best location request (yes I know it’s a request). How hard is it going to be close to the boat dock for just two nights? There is no need for an accessible room but she will be using a wheelchair for most park days but she is fully ambulatory. Right now chronic pain is an issue and not pushing her limits keeps her pain at a 3 or 4.

Last minute (at least for us) in January to celebrate our DD17s early graduation! We are doing a triple split stay including a splurge for two nights in the cabins. 2023 has been a rough year including DD17 being diagnosed with POTs and it really negatively impacting her digestive system and energy, losing two family members, and both of my parents declining health so this is much needed.

My main concern is DD17 and best location request (yes I know it’s a request). How hard is it going to be close to the boat dock for just two nights? There is no need for an accessible room but she will be using a wheelchair for most park days but she is fully ambulatory. Right now chronic pain is an issue and not pushing her limits keeps her pain at a 3 or 4.
Sorry to hear about the POTs diagnosis. I am going through that right now and it’s been so frustrating trying to figure it all out. I hope they find something to improve her symptoms.

Sorry to hear about DD's diagnosis and congratulations on her upcoming graduation! I was in this spot about 5 years ago with my DD. Don't forget that all the resorts are large enough that she may need the wheelchair even when walking around the resort - so room requests won't really matter. Hopefully you are not relying solely on the park wheelchairs.

Plan your days so you have plenty of air conditioned breaks and don't forget that you can always stop in the first aid units at the parks for a quick rest (an adult will need to stay with her the entire time in first aid, so bring anything you need - drinks, etc - in with you)

Feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions

Enjoy your time at DW!

New Resort-Exclusive Cowboy Ear Headband by Loungefly Rides Into Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

You can find this headband in the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile near the lobby of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Loungefly Headband – $39.99

Wilderness Lodge Loungefly Ears 11

We have a 1 BR booked at BRV 23-26 DEC with three nights at PVB before that. It’s a surprise Christmas trip that we haven’t told our kids about. Really looking forward to WL on Christmas and being at WDW through the holidays. We’ve stayed before but during the summer months.

Any suggestions for good reservations on property for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? We were thinking Topolinos Terrace for a Christmas Eve brunch but didn’t really have any other plans. We will have a 2 day tickets and we are doing MCMCP on the 22nd.

Sorry to hear about DD's diagnosis and congratulations on her upcoming graduation! I was in this spot about 5 years ago with my DD. Don't forget that all the resorts are large enough that she may need the wheelchair even when walking around the resort - so room requests won't really matter. Hopefully you are not relying solely on the park wheelchairs.

Plan your days so you have plenty of air conditioned breaks and don't forget that you can always stop in the first aid units at the parks for a quick rest (an adult will need to stay with her the entire time in first aid, so bring anything you need - drinks, etc - in with you)

Feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions

Enjoy your time at DW!
Thanks. This will be our second trip since diagnosis. We are looking forward to cooler weather! We did DAS pass in June and it really helped and allowed her to take mid-day breaks. Also we rented from Scooter Bug so she could have it outside of the parks including long walks back and forth form transportation (we were at Poly).

We have a 1 BR booked at BRV 23-26 DEC with three nights at PVB before that. It’s a surprise Christmas trip that we haven’t told our kids about. Really looking forward to WL on Christmas and being at WDW through the holidays. We’ve stayed before but during the summer months.

Any suggestions for good reservations on property for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? We were thinking Topolinos Terrace for a Christmas Eve brunch but didn’t really have any other plans. We will have a 2 day tickets and we are doing MCMCP on the 22nd.
Liberty Tree Tavern is always a great meal during the Christmas time!

I’m very excited to be returning to the Wilderness Lodge, for our family Thanksgiving. All of my DH’s immediate family is coming and it’ll be the first time all his siblings and their kids will be together with his mom in years.

We’re splurging and taking them all. We (myself, DH and our two sons) have a Cabin which will be where we make and have Thanksgiving dinner and the central hangout, but we got several BRV studios for the rest of the family to sleep in so that we’re not crammed. We couldn’t all fit anyway, as there are 14 of us.

Looking forward to soaking up the ambience and just enjoying being “home”! 16 days and counting!

I’m very excited to be returning to the Wilderness Lodge, for our family Thanksgiving. All of my DH’s immediate family is coming and it’ll be the first time all his siblings and their kids will be together with his mom in years.

We’re splurging and taking them all. We (myself, DH and our two sons) have a Cabin which will be where we make and have Thanksgiving dinner and the central hangout, but we got several BRV studios for the rest of the family to sleep in so that we’re not crammed. We couldn’t all fit anyway, as there are 14 of us.

Looking forward to soaking up the ambience and just enjoying being “home”! 16 days and counting!
What a great plan for Thanksgiving! Have fun.

That sounds wonderful. We are looking at going next Thanksgiving and I worry the tree won't be up. Please let us know if/when you see it go up. And enjoy all the wonderful family time.

We will be there too! Can’t wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter