• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

☆☆ The Official October 2016 Thread ☆☆

What's even better is when they release hours, you make your schedule, book all your ADRs and activities and they decide to change the hours two months later.

What's even better is when they release hours, you make your schedule, book all your ADRs and activities and they decide to change the hours two months later.
Nooooooooo :headache:

I've got a rough draft based on MNSSHP days from last year, I assume they'll be the same? I know they could change it, but it seems like it would be the same. I want to go to MK twice plus a 3rd time for mnsshp, so that makes it tricky to schedule when the park "closes" early on party nights. I don't want to waste a MK day and leave at 7! If they make us buy parkhoppers to get free dining I guess that would make scheduling around the party easier, but it would make my ADRs harder to decide on! lol

Nooooooooo :headache:

I've got a rough draft based on MNSSHP days from last year, I assume they'll be the same? I know they could change it, but it seems like it would be the same. I want to go to MK twice plus a 3rd time for mnsshp, so that makes it tricky to schedule when the park "closes" early on party nights. I don't want to waste a MK day and leave at 7! If they make us buy parkhoppers to get free dining I guess that would make scheduling around the party easier, but it would make my ADRs harder to decide on! lol
The days of the parties don't generally change. It's more along the lines of EMH hours change. Which if your book a PPO breakfast and all of a sudden they throw Morning EMH on that day at that park, your PPO breakfast is no longer PPO lol

The days of the parties don't generally change. It's more along the lines of EMH hours change. Which if your book a PPO breakfast and all of a sudden they throw Morning EMH on that day at that park, your PPO breakfast is no longer PPO lol

GAH! I hadn't even thought of that... well, I have a good start based on mnsshp... we'll see about all that other stuff!

DH and I are hoping to go home October 15-29 to celebrate our first anniversary! (Oct 21st) We've only decided on dates... excited to plan again! Our last visit was October 2014!

I just created a Facebook page for October 2016 planners if anyone is interested. Its called "Disney World October 2016 Planning Group". Its a closed group but just request to join and I'll approve!!

i want to join but my trip is a surprise and can't risk the ppl finding out lol

I'm Planning on October 22-23, 23-29, 2016. Wanting to stay at Beach Club for one night all, I can afford. I tried for renting but alas no availability. I just want to experience deluxe for once in my life lol, and then the 2nd part will either be Sports or CBR (1st time) depending if a discount is offered. But as of right now I'm planning on surprising my hubby for this trip. He tries his best to surprise me but never succeeds poor guy lol Even if i don't snoop i figure it out lol. So I'm surprising him this time lol.

For those of you who have done trip reports in the past, what is your favorite way of keeping track of everything that happens? I'm planning to do a TR for our upcoming trip and I'm trying to decide how I can best document it while I'm there. I'm thinking the good ole hand written trip journal may be my best bet. What do you do? Write it down? Keep tabs on your laptop/cell phone? Take a million pictures and use those to jog your memory of the day's occurrences?? Or do you just have a super human memory to just be able to recall everything?? I'm interested to hear about your methods..

For those of you who have done trip reports in the past, what is your favorite way of keeping track of everything that happens? I'm planning to do a TR for our upcoming trip and I'm trying to decide how I can best document it while I'm there. I'm thinking the good ole hand written trip journal may be my best bet. What do you do? Write it down? Keep tabs on your laptop/cell phone? Take a million pictures and use those to jog your memory of the day's occurrences?? Or do you just have a super human memory to just be able to recall everything?? I'm interested to hear about your methods..
I do a PTR, a TR, and Dining Report for every trip. I am one of the "take a million photos to jog my memory" people, but I'll be the first to admit that it becomes less and less effective once you get home and time begins to pass.

I'm not one for stopping to write/type things, so I'm thinking about on my next trip using some sort of voice notes app on my phone, so that when things happen that I'm sure I'll want to remember to include in the TR, I can just quickly speak it into my phone as I'm headed to my next destination within the parks!

Last edited:
I don't do TRs, but make tons of notes for my scrapbooks and photo albums. I do take lots of pictures, but also believe in old-fashioned, hand-written notes. I take a journal with me, and jot down events and things I want to remember once I'm back in my room. I have 2 littles, so we still take midday breaks, which allows me to get the morning info down while it's still fresh, then I do the afternoon/evening before bed. It's amazing how much I "forget" even by the next day!

WzJA0O6.png

If you'd like to be added to the list, just post your info. :) If your trip STARTS or ENDS in October, you are welcome to join us, even if your dates run into another month!

4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]ckrisie[/COLOR] 9/24-10/3 Offsite
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)]clairenutter[/COLOR] 9/24-10/8 Offsite
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]vrajewski10513[/COLOR] 9/28-10/8 CBR
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)]Disneybell2015[/COLOR] 9/30-10/7 ASMo
timsprincess 9/30 - 10/8

4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600][FONT=Verdana]hicksnichols[/FONT][/COLOR] 10/1-10/7 CBR
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=rgb(89, 0, 179)]Jersey918[/COLOR] 10/1-10/8 POR
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006633]Roxyfire[/COLOR] 10/1-10/10 CBR
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]patches07[/COLOR] 10/2-10/9 Pop
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]Eoywin[/COLOR] 10/2-10/8 AoA (Mermaid)
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]pagek83[/COLOR] 10/2-10/8 CR

4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]DISNEYMOON10121991[/COLOR] 10/8-10/22 Undecided
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]Disneymom1126[/COLOR] 10/12-10/22 POFQ
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]sunnysideup3[/COLOR] 10/15-10/22 Poly

4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]KKip102016[/COLOR] 10/15-10/22 Undecided
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]hiddenl1fe[/COLOR] 10/15-10/23 YC
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]boomgoesthemickey[/COLOR] 10/17-10/24 BC
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]Chelle's Belles[/COLOR] 10/20-10/24 BC
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]hsmamainva[/COLOR] 10/20-10/25 AoA (Lion King)

4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]Elevationist[/COLOR] 10/21-10/28 BC
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]Grandma G[/COLOR] 10/22-10/29 BC

4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]mgaspard[/COLOR] 10/22-10/29 BC
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]CinderElsa[/COLOR] 10/23-10/29 Poly

4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]hokieinpa[/COLOR] 10/22-10/28 Pop
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]GraceMonica[/COLOR] 10/22-10/28 Undecided
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]krsb09[/COLOR] 10/23-11/2 BCV
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]stitchfan18[/COLOR] 10/24-10/29 CBR
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]peanutmomma[/COLOR] 10/26-11/5 CSR
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]absolutmey[/COLOR] 10/29-11/6 FW (Cabin)

4TEA0Ia.gif
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#006600]Joeyswife3108[/COLOR][/FONT] 10/30-11/5 CR
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]mickey's minnie[/COLOR] Undecided Undecided
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#006600]SaintsManiac[/COLOR] Undecided Undecided
4TEA0Ia.gif
[COLOR=#5900b3]ravenanne[/COLOR] Undecided Undecided

I try to carry a little notepad with me into the parks. That way, while DH and I are having lunch or waiting in line for a show/ride, I can make some quick notes. I used to try & journal when we got back to the room at the end of the day, but I discovered I was always way to tired to do it!

I do a PTR, a TR, and Dining Report for every trip. I am one of the "take a million photos to jog my memory" people, but I'll be the first to admit that it becomes less and less effective once you get home and time begins to pass.

I'm not one for stopping to write/type things, so I'm thinking about on my next trip using some sort of voice notes app on my phone, so that when things happen that I'm sure I'll want to remember to include in the TR, I can just quickly speak it into my phone as I'm headed to my next destination within the parks!

I've been reading your reports while lurking these past couple of months. Some of my absolute faves!

Going 10/24-11/05! Still deciding where is best to stay off site. Also attending a wedding while we're there (not at Disney.) So excited!!

We'll be at the BWV, October 28 through November 5. Excited to start planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter