0 for 5 on December room requests--bad luck, bad requests, arrival times, or something else?

We tend to submit our requests through Touring Plans, not necessarily because it's any more likely to be filled, but because there are other benefits to using the site and if you're already paying for the service... Also, eliminates one more task from the to-do list for every trip.

Not sure if it’s just coincidence but I noticed the further out we booked, the more likely we were to get our request or similar. Is it possible they take that into consideration?

DVC members should contact member services for requests. Chat agents are limited in what they can do, so that's often not the best path. Either call Member Services directly or use the "Contact Us" email form on the member website.

I can't speak for every resort but there is usually a requests component to the online check-in process. It doesn't jump right out at you and is easy to overlook. But it is also VERY limited in options that are offered. I recently did an online check-in for Poly and I think the only requests that could be selected were for Moorea building or 1st floor.

Also if you enter ANYTHING on the request section during online check-in, it supposedly overwrites any request details previously entered.

Bottom line: call member services or email.
Thanks. I emailed member service. 90 minutes later I received an email back stating my request was noted on my reservation.

Not sure if it’s just coincidence but I noticed the further out we booked, the more likely we were to get our request or similar. Is it possible they take that into consideration?
Just a coincidence. Last year I put in my request at 11 months after booking and got NONE of my requests....

I just did the online checking. For BLT there was no "slot" for requests, like they had for pin, email, etc. For AKL Kidani there was. Of course EVERYONE wants close to lobby there.

Last edited:
I can't speak for every resort but there is usually a requests component to the online check-in process. It doesn't jump right out at you and is easy to overlook. But it is also VERY limited in options that are offered. I recently did an online check-in for Poly and I think the only requests that could be selected were for Moorea building or 1st floor.
I can confirm this is accurate. So I just did a chat with a CM to request third floor Moorea and then second floor Moorea. It's worth a shot, even if most people are probably requesting those floors, in that same order.

We tend to submit our requests through Touring Plans, not necessarily because it's any more likely to be filled, but because there are other benefits to using the site and if you're already paying for the service... Also, eliminates one more task from the to-do list for every trip.
I have a Touring Plans membership and also have room requests on the system for our stays at Poly and AKV-Kidani. Having never stayed at either, we are just hoping for third floor or second floor, respectively, at Poly, and a Sunset Savanna View at Kidani. We aren't really sure about which floor at Kidani, as I've heard lower allows a closer view of the animals while higher provides a panoramic view of the savanna, and we aren't really sure which one we will eventually prefer. Is there a benefit to using TP instead, if our requests are as general as they are?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter