01/04/05 4 Day Magic Roll Call

Thanks Robin. I looked through the 4 day navigators on Barb's site and it seems like there were only a few differences between the two. I'm definitely looking forward to Palo's brunch and the extra time at sea though.

Unfortunately, I am the worst person in the world for keeping secrets. I don't think I'll make it through the week without blabbing it to my DH :chat:

Tammi

I know what you mean about the secrets.

I don't think I could keep something like that a secret for long:p

The people who are travelling with us have a 14 year old daughter. She knows that the parents are going on the cruise but they have not told her yet that she is going with them. They don't plan to tell her until Christmas :eek:

I don't totally agree with that because the anticipation is half of the fun::yes::

My husband and I have booked the 7 day land and sea package. We will be staying at Walt Disney World Jan 1 - Jan 4 and then taking the 4 day cruise. We have an 11 yr old son and a 2 yr old daughter. We've never been on a cruise, so I'm hoping we're not making a mistake by taking our daughter on a cruise at such a young age!

:wave2: Jennyh

Glad to have you and your family joining us!!!

Lots of people cruise with little ones. I never have though. Hopefully you will have a wonderful vacation.

So, I am understanding correctly that we will be sailing on the Magic? I've been reading up on the Wonder, assuming that was the ship for this particular cruise.

If you are leaving on January 4 for a four night cruise then you will be going on the Magic.

Usually the Wonder does all 3 and 4 night cruises but the Magic needs to resituate itself after a 10 day cruise at Christmas so is doing a 7 day and then a 4 day to get back on track.

This is cool for us, because we have only been on the Wonder and this is a chance to see the Magic while taking a shorter cruise.

So you will have to research on the Magic now instead of the Wonder :p

I just had to post again because my black dot disappeared and I couldn't find this thread!

Also wanted to say "Welcome" to the new cruisers to this post! I know y'all are as excited as I am!

If you've read this whole post, you'll know that I also have a 14 yo DD who doesn't know about the cruise and I agree that it really adds to my anticipation to plan, plan, plan...BUT she LOVES to be surprised and specifically requested not to be told anything about our trip (she doesn't even know it's a cruise). I personally would hate it, but everyone's different. However, I did order the planning video and told her that I just wanted us to watch it for just in case we ever get to go on one, so at least she'll know something about the ship and what goes on. We'll be at Disney in December for her birthday and we plan on telling her about the cruise at breakfast that morning (hopefully at Cinderella's Royal Table!) And hopefully we can get the 14's together during the cruise!

My other good news is that last week my DH asked me what I wanted for my birthday (August 9), and I jokingly said, "A trip to DisneyWorld", knowing that we're not going until December. Well, he said, "Okay, I really think you and DD need to go." He told me to call and see if I could get a discounted room and PC was available, so he called and got 2 airplane tickets using his Skymiles for me and DD. We have some Park Hoppers with days left on them. So, I'm going to DisneyWorld in 1 week! Isn't my DH the greatest?

Wow Praise2Him

Your husband IS the greatest!!!!!!

How cool is that an unexpected trip to Disney :D

You are sure having a Disney year. Have a great time when you are there next week. Say hi to Mickey for me.

We are still counting down the days until our cruise. Slowly the numbers are starting to look better and better.

:Pinkbounc :wave2: :teeth:

Right here counting down the days ::yes::

OfftoDis, are you the same poster as FlytoDis1, the original poster of this thread :confused:

Hi, all. We're on that cruise, too.

Quick question: I need clarification on some previous posts. I thought that only the 7-day Magic does the Palo brunch. Is that correct and if so, will there be a brunch on the 4-day in Jan., or will it be 'run' like the 4-day Wonder schedule?

Thank you!

We are going too! I booked the land and sea package (this will
be our third time to do that) and this time we get to go on the
the Magic.
We did the same time last year and I rebooked while on board but did not tell my husband. I knew he would say" lets wait "or "maybe we should do something different" So last night at dinner I said , we sure had a great time at Disney last New Years, what do you think about doing it again this New Years? Well, he and DD age 7 were so excited about the idea. I said well, let me see what I can put togeather (ho ho ho). Little do they know I have had this reserved since last Jan.

Looking forward to meeting lots of great people like we always
do.

Wintermom:Pinkbounc

:bounce: :bounce:

Yeah, more cruisers :wave:

dclwdwlover. I can't help you with the Palo question, don't they usually have brunch on a 4 day cruise??? Anyway, welcome aboard, looking forward to meeting you on the ship.

:wave2: wintermom. We have also never been on the Magic, we have been on the Wonder 5 times. We are looking forward to seeing the Magic.

Since we are getting quite a group going maybe we will have to think about planning on a short DIS meet at the beginning of the cruise?? Something to think about.

My DH and I are also going to be on this ship - we are breaking in three of my co-workers who have never been to Disney World or on a cruise. Can't wait to share in there excitement.

Thanks, Cruisin' Kroezes. Actually, I never looked into a brunch at Palo on our cruises, I just thought I remembered reading here several months ago that there is only a brunch on the 7-day. I'm sure I can find out on Barb's website or just posting.

We sailed the Magic in one of it's first few month's voyages & we are SO looking forward to getting back on. The past two with the kids were on the Wonder.

See y'all on board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter