1:00 am for FP+ Really?!!

Follow the breadcrumbs, starting with the green link in my signature. Short answer is it's because MK closes at 1:00a.

On mesaboy2's other thread, it's explained that Disney considers a day to be from park opening until the last park's regular hours end. Then, a new day begins. MK closes at 1:00 so the new day begins at that time.

I see! I missed that. I understand the logic, but find it surprising that it works that way.

IMHO, no. If you don't care about Anna and Elsa or 7DMT, don't worry about it. We were there on December 23. I didn't actually select our fast passes until the night before. We knew A&E were out. DD likes them but she wasn't into character meet and greets this go round. We got mid-afternoon FP for Space Mountain, Monsters Inc and an evening FP for Haunted Mansion. We hit 7DMT right away and had a 45 minute post time and it seemed less than that but my watch says it was just about right. You are going during a much quieter time so if it was me, I wouldn't stress about it. But that is me. I don't like being "on a schedule". I've been before, I will go again but I know for some people, this is a once in a lifetime thing. Go early and do as much as you can in the morning.

I haven't had any issues getting SDMT in the past 3 visits. Anna/Elsa are a different story. Now that my 21 y/o dd no longer has a friend that is a 'friend' of Anna's, there is no need to book a FP+ for the meet/greet. If it's the right day of the week, we might book the Sing-a-long since her friend is there now.
Other than Anna/Elsa, you shouldn't have an issue. If you wait too long, you may not get the times you want, but most attractions will be available.
I know that the last time I went, last weekend of Food and Wine and the half marathon, I was able to switch around my FPs, including SDMT, a few weeks prior to arrival.

I haven't had any issues getting SDMT in the past 3 visits. Anna/Elsa are a different story. Now that my 21 y/o dd no longer has a friend that is a 'friend' of Anna's, there is no need to book a FP+ for the meet/greet. If it's the right day of the week, we might book the Sing-a-long since her friend is there now.
Other than Anna/Elsa, you shouldn't have an issue. If you wait too long, you may not get the times you want, but most attractions will be available.
I know that the last time I went, last weekend of Food and Wine and the half marathon, I was able to switch around my FPs, including SDMT, a few weeks prior to arrival.
Then you have people like Angel Ariel who could not get FP's 60 days out and her options remained limited throughout her vacation. I believe Disney increases or decreases the FP+ availability at various times and for unknown reasons. So if you really want a FP+ reservations for fireworks, parades, 7DMT, or A&E, I'd do the 1 am sign up.

Then you have people like Angel Ariel who could not get FP's 60 days out and her options remained limited throughout her vacation. I believe Disney increases or decreases the FP+ availability at various times and for unknown reasons. So if you really want a FP+ reservations for fireworks, parades, 7DMT, or A&E, I'd do the 1 am sign up.

I think that's the biggest factor of all. We have no idea what is going on behind the curtain. And clearly some people traveling in lower crowd times seemed to have more trouble getting certain FPs than other people traveling at peak times. And there's no way to know until you log in on your own FP reservation day what your own experience will be. Honestly, I'm happy when someone else gets what they want. But what I really care about is whether I will be able to get what I want when the time comes. It doesn't matter if it's possible to get what I want. What matters is whether it's predictable to be able to get what I want.

In my experience Anna and Elsa go the quickest. Then Wishes. Mine Train is still open for all of February.

Not urban legend. There are quite a few reports of these practically impossible FPs being um, practically impossible. And rope drop for A&E without FP is in most cases not going to result in a short wait.

I am aware that some people have success too. But there are enough other experiences in my opinion to refute your claim that this is "urban legend". (How ironic is it that a poster who seems to enjoy refuting absolute statements answers with "Absolutely"?) I will otherwise not engage you. There is no point and would be a huge waste of time for both of us.

I did not elaborate fully--but the legend being that the rest of the trip will be ruined because NOTHiNG would be available at 1am.

Apologies for not being clear. But I do find it sad people have been convinced to go to extremes for the other 98% of the things they wish to do for their trip. It hasn't been necessary unless you have heard of stories otherwise.

The "absolutely" was to the could she wake up at 7am. Read her question and not just the title: "Couldn't I just wake up at 7am?" Absolutely.

And I will honor your request to not engage any further.

as long as you do not want Anna & Elsa it appears that you can get anything you want if you get up at 7 am instead of 1, I think maybe unless you have a really large group. Of course I don't know what times are available. Using the Dibb chart and they don't show the times.

It looks like Wishes isn't available to anybody right now, may have to wait for that one.

I think that's the biggest factor of all. We have no idea what is going on behind the curtain. And clearly some people traveling in lower crowd times seemed to have more trouble getting certain FPs than other people traveling at peak times. And there's no way to know until you log in on your own FP reservation day what your own experience will be. Honestly, I'm happy when someone else gets what they want. But what I really care about is whether I will be able to get what I want when the time comes. It doesn't matter if it's possible to get what I want. What matters is whether it's predictable to be able to get what I want.

Based on the various reports I've read the only thing that's predictable is that FP+ availability is unpredictable. If someone would be really disappointed if they didn't get the sought after FP+, then I would suggest the 1 am booking window, to increase the odds of getting the FP+ at the right time on a particular day.

I did not elaborate fully--but the legend being that the rest of the trip will be ruined because NOTHiNG would be available at 1am.

Apologies for not being clear. But I do find it sad people have been convinced to go to extremes for the other 98% of the things they wish to do for their trip. It hasn't been necessary unless you have heard of stories otherwise.

The "absolutely" was to the could she wake up at 7am. Read her question and not just the title: "Couldn't I just wake up at 7am?" Absolutely.
And I will honor your request to not engage any further.

So, you were just telling the OP that she could absolutely wake up at 7am, but this was not in relation to making her FP+ reservations? You were just telling her she could wake up at 7am.

if you are not staying at a Disney resort, 30 days from the day you wish to book for.

That happens when the parks (MK) don't officially close until after midnight. Check the closing times on the days you want to book.

Thanks. One more what time of the day does it start? I keep seeing the 1am stuff so wasnt sure
Not trying to brush you off, but the best source for FP+ info is:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3326057

Mesa boy has done an excellent job of explaining FP+. when I was learning about FP+, I'd get one question answered and then 3 more would pop up. I'm still refering to this link, because FP+ is so simple and requires no preplanning!;)

So I live in TX which is CST and if MK closes at 12pm on 1/26 - I am going 2/26 - then I should be able to book at 11pm?

I dont know why this is confusing me so.

Not trying to brush you off, but the best source for FP+ info is:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3326057

Mesa boy has done an excellent job of explaining FP+. when I was learning about FP+, I'd get one question answered and then 3 more would pop up. I'm still refering to this link, because FP+ is so simple and requires no preplanning!;)

Thanks!! That's great! Last time I went and was offsite, you couldnt book FP til you got to the park so this is all new.

My date to make FP+ is tonight... or technically tomorrow. So some of you are saying 1am... why not 12 am? TIA

My date to make FP+ is tonight... or technically tomorrow. So some of you are saying 1am... why not 12 am? TIA

These are some earlier responses in this thread:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2
Follow the breadcrumbs, starting with the green link in my signature. Short answer is it's because MK closes at 1:00a.

Originally Posted by hiroMYhero
On mesaboy2's other thread, it's explained that Disney considers a day to be from park opening until the last park's regular hours end. Then, a new day begins. MK closes at 1:00 so the new day begins at that time.

These are some earlier responses in this thread:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

Originally Posted by hiroMYhero

Thank you! I just saw that thread by MesaBoy... good stuff.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter