• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1/14/15: Magic Kingdom Hub Construction Update

Wow! I have been during construction before (ok, some on nearly every trip) but this is a lot. I'm glad there will be additional viewing spots when complete but if I was a "once in a lifetime visitor" I wouldn't be happy.

That's the problem, there's ALWAYS going to be "once in a lifetime" visitors. So, no matter what, SOMEONE'S vacation is going to be affected.

That's the problem, there's ALWAYS going to be "once in a lifetime" visitors. So, no matter what, SOMEONE'S vacation is going to be affected.

True. I get it. I'm just saying if you have an option to delay until spring at least you won't have walls right in front of Cinderella Castle and a crane behind!

True. I get it. I'm just saying if you have an option to delay until spring at least you won't have walls right in front of Cinderella Castle and a crane behind!

I get that, for sure! :goodvibes Trust me, I feel for anyone that doesn't get to go that often (or worse, only once ever) and has to deal with all the construction.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow, that's pretty nasty. Praying that they finish this sooner than projected. We plan to be there late Sept, and hope a lot of this is gone.

Dan

They covered the Partners statue?! I knew about the walls around the hub, but now I'm really disappointed. :sad1:

We're going next week.

Ah well, this is the price I pay for low crowds in January, I guess.

Eeeyikes.

That said, there is always construction somewhere. Our visits in 2012 and 2013 had the giant wall around 7DMT. This year it was the walls across from CP and the Plaza (and the nightmare that DTD is and seemingly always shall be).

I understand why they do it, but it's still a drag sometimes.

Eeeyikes.

That said, there is always construction somewhere. Our visits in 2012 and 2013 had the giant wall around 7DMT. This year it was the walls across from CP and the Plaza (and the nightmare that DTD is and seemingly always shall be).

I understand why they do it, but it's still a drag sometimes.

It is still a mess at DTD and I don't really know the final plans but.... from what I can see, it really looks like everything they are doing will help. Here's to hoping it will at least.

What I would like to see is them using the across the street parking better, either at Team Disney or TL. Have trams with their own path from those locations would really help at night. But I don't think that is in the works.

We were just there in Nov and construction was very noticeable on the Hub, but not to the point of being an issue. This to me really retracts from the overall area and castle experience. That on top of covering the statue....we take a picture each visit in front of the statue. Those seeing this for the first time may not want to come back and those that this will be there only trip will surely be missing something special.

Did they say when in 2015 it is expected to be done? Going the week of Easter with son's marching band. They are marching before the evening parade. Hope most is done by then.

Well the alternative is Disney could do no construction ever and the park would eventually descend into dust.

I am keeping a positive outlook on our trip, I didn't expect to have no construction I just wish I had timed it a bit better so as to not hit the worst time of the year for it... but we booked what worked at the time and weren't able to change things around. So, my positive spin is that at least we still get to go... I keep thinking of my sister who will never have the chance to go to her most magical place on earth again, when it was all she ever lived and saved her pennies for. So this trip is still going to be awesome. Photoshop will be my best friend... At least we will still BE THERE. Disappointing, yes... but not life changing. At least I know ahead of time, and didn't find all this out when I got there. lol

Well the alternative is Disney could do no construction ever and the park would eventually descend into dust.

In fairness, that's not the only alternative. There are loads of alternatives, including staggering projects so that construction is not going on everywhere at once (I'm looking at you, DTD). But I'm sure a lot of these projects got put off during the economic downturn so they're playing catch up now while times are good.

Anyone know how this does/will impact regular viewing of Wishes from the hub area? I get that the construction is necessary. We will be there in a week and a half and just curious if we need to switch up how we view Wishes.

We leave 1 week from today, I knew going into this trip that there would be construction along with ride closures....but oh my (very disappointed about the Partner's Statue). I know we will still have a great time though :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter