1/2 day park

with the exception of animal kingdom which of the other 3 parks would be the best 1/2 day park.
We find Hollywood Studios can work for a half day! Though if someone in your party is really into Star Wars or Toy Story, that might not be the case, as those lands are really immersive. Epcot and Magic Kingdom are always multi-day parks for us!

with the exception of animal kingdom which of the other 3 parks would be the best 1/2 day park.
Magic Kingdom has several anytime attractions with little to no wait and is the most iconic of the parks, so I would pick that for a quick visit.

I have gone there just to have a snack, watch the fireworks, walk around and perhaps go on the people mover.

You are going to be taking a small sip out of any park with a half-day.

I always do Epcot for a half day… I know others have said not. We have usually done all the rides we want to do by 2pm though if we rope drop, and then head out via international gateway via a few food booths…

DHS- has the most potential to get a lot of the park done if you rope drop and ILL ROTR at the end of your half day

or

MK- you’re guaranteed to get the most done at MK in half a day. There are so many rides and attractions you can easily switch if things brake (DHS’s main problem) and every decent attraction isn’t a mini-marathon to walk to (EP’s main problem).

Depends on what you want a half day park for. Are you just going to be at WDW for half a day? Are you going to other parks on other days and have a half day left over? Do you want to ride a lot of rides or do you want to watch shows or do you want to eat or do you want to do a combination of all three?

PS - I'd argue AK is not a half day park unless you are park hopping the entire trip and you hop in and out of all the parks and spend half day one day and half day or a few hours on other days. If you did all there was to do at AK you could easily spend all day and possibly part of another day there.

If you can rope drop you can do quite a bit at HS.
June 2023 We did and evening in MK 4-7pm and were able to do Peter Pan, carousel, HM,BTMR, Aladdin, and PoC with genie+ and a $LL for 7DMT.

If you are only wanting to do rides, EPCOT. It's easily doable using G+/ILL and stacking the more popular ones all for the evening.

We haven't gone yet but I think HS might be a half, or at least not full, day park for us. We are not Star Wars fans at all and our 6yr old daughter is not into thrill rides. We will probably do the shows, the Toy Story area, lunch and that's it. Again, we've never been so that's just "the plan" for now.

On the other hand - I know we can spend a full day at AK. We loves animals and plan on doing all the walking trails, and maybe even the safari ride twice (once in morning and then just before leaving).

Guess it just depends what your interests are. We are planning two full days at MK too. One day for Epcot.

Epcot would be my half day park… we are usually done and dusted by 1pm (although do get there for rope drop). Find it easy to spend a full day at DHS!

Every park is a half day if you dont want to enjoy what each park has to offer. If you do want to take in everything then each park could easily be 2 days for each. Just need to look around.

Hollywood would be my choice for half day. It is a smaller park so less time walking around. MK has too many rides and Epcot has a lot of walking around the park so more time.

DHS is always a half day park for us. We don't usually do many shows and for us and the park has a small footprint. Our last visit, we'd stack LLs and arrive early afternoon and stay until close and use this strategy if we had a late night the evening prior.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter