1/25 - 1/27 Crowd Question

CarolinaGuy21

Earning My Ears
My GF and I just took our first ever Christmas trip to Disney (12/15-12/20). Despite the crowds being insane, we made the best out of it and had a good time. We were not planning on returning this soon but got invited on a short trip with my sister and her boyfriend for 1/25-1/27.

I was looking into the crowd calendars and saw very mixed reviews on the crowd levels. One site was showing some of the lowest crowd levels of the year (3/10) and some were showing heavy crowds (8/10). I can’t imagine it’ll be anything close to when we went at Christmas which was showing high crowd levels (8/10 and 9/10). Can anyone with personal experience tell me what it’s nornally like this time of year? Thanks!

The NFL Pro Bowl is in Orlando the weekend of the 27th. Not sure if that will increase the crowds at the parks, but it may increase the overall crowds, especially at Disney Springs and the ESPN complexes. I have been scouring the web for crowd calendars and I have not seen any that have anything more than light to moderate crowd levels for the 25th and 26th. I do see heavy crowds for the 27th, which is typical for a weekend, and likely to be more so due to the sports activities.

We were at Disney that weekend last year (also ProBowl, the first one)
It has no impact on crowds in the parks.
You gotta remember, no one goes to the ProBowl. That's why the NFL is scrambling to try and do something to get folks to be interested in going. The game is horrible. The players do whatever they can to get out of going.
They did have a parade at MK with a few players but even my uber football loving DH was uninterested in going to it.
As PP mentioned, the rest of the events related to it are outside the parks. The game isn't near them at all.
It was not crowded at Disney last year. Universal yes, but it was Potter Celebration Weekend. Honestly, that brought in way more people than the ProBowl does.

I know it's the PGA show the 24-26, but those people aren't going to be spending time at the parks. One of these years I'll convince my husband to let me go to DW while he's stuck at the trade show.

Awesome, I’m glad to hear this. I was hoping to enjoy low crowd levels for a few days. I’ve been stalking the wait times on the MDE app and they are still fairly high. Hoping they go down before we get there!

Awesome, I’m glad to hear this. I was hoping to enjoy low crowd levels for a few days. I’ve been stalking the wait times on the MDE app and they are still fairly high. Hoping they go down before we get there!
It's Marathon weekend and the final weekend of Christmas/Holiday break.
The numbers will fall some but not a lot, not as much as you'd think due to crowds.
Remember, when the crowds drop, so does staffing. Waits sort of stabilize to some degree

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter