• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1.26 - Happy days!

Woolly

Devon is Heaven
So glad the exchange rate is like it is now. We are so lucky to be going in the next week with the rate as it is. Could get even better. Best for about 4 years I believe. Much better than the last time we went.

We're all starting to get excited now and that pint in the DLH is that little bit more affordable (well, by DLP standards anyway).

Bring it on.

We are going in a little over a month, hoping for a very good rate then. Where do you find is the best place to get money?

In Feb, using our debit card (Natwest) gave us a better exchange rate than the cash we had changed!

I'm liking the rate too ::yes::

I bought tickets to Versailles last week and got a rate of almost 1.26 on my fee free credit card.

Rosebug, I find using a fee free credit card is the best way to pay - Post Office, Nationwide (in Europe), Halifax etc are a few but there is a full list on Martin Lewis's site (link given by Nikki above) although I do take some currency to pay the shuttle driver, pay for drinks, ice-creams etc. I only buy my currency from high street names though, in the past M&S used to be good but these days I find both Post Office and Sainsburys are better, and someone (think it was jothp) said Thomas Cook gives a very good rate but you do have to book the rate online then pick it up that day. I know you can get better rates from some places but I'm not prepared to take the risk - look what happened to that currency firm last year and loads of poor people on UK Trip Planning ended up losing their hard-earned savings.

Rosebug - try Dawson & Sanderson - they usually have a good rate (think it was 1.25 at the end of last week when I drove past?) and give an even better one if you exchange more than £500.

It is strange (good strange), I cant get my head around it. I am sure last year on our two trips we got 1.12 and 1.16! I could convert that into pounds in the shops! Now Im confused!!!:cool1:

Keep converting at those rates and then you're going to have a lovely surprise when your money goes a bit further this year! :goodvibes

After posting on this thread I decided I needed to figure this one out...

The easiest way is to presume 80p to each Euro. So just take 20% off everything you buy!

Its like a mini 20% off sale woop!

PS I have noticed the rate fell a little yesterday. Im toying with the idea of ordering a fee free credit card but Im after every 0.01 Euro I can get... I hate watching it and not knowing what to do hehe! Its more Psychological because Im sure we will lose more 0.01 Euros leaving them lying around in bags! lol:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter