• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 Day vs 2 Day Ticket Pricing

ParksPixar&Pizza

Mouseketeer
Are there any pros to getting the 2 day ticket over 2 - 1 day tickets? Seems weird - we’re going Aug 20-21 and 2 individual 1 day tickets are $22 cheaper than getting the 2 day ticket (263 vs 285).

Thank you!

Because 1 day tickets are tiered and multi day tickets are not. Sometimes two 1 day tickets are cheaper than a 2 day ticket. Sometimes even three 1 day tickets are cheaper than a 3 day ticket.

The threshold is if both days you want to go are a tier 3 or higher, then a 2 day ticket is the better value. If one of those days is a tier 0, then it will be cheaper to get 1 day tickets no matter what the other day is.

It is more expensive to add a hopper to a 1 day ticket, though (the above only considers one park per day). For a 1 day it costs an extra $65 to add a hopper to it. It's $60 total for the whole length of a multi day ticket. And no, that's not backwards. $65 for 1 day, $60 total for length of multi day.

So if you were wanting say a hopper for both of those days, it would be cheaper to get the 2 day PH. But yes, those exact days it is cheaper to buy two 1 day, single park tickets. Also still cheaper if you only wanted one of them to be a hopper.

Just need to run the numbers of what you want.

Are there any pros to getting the 2 day ticket over 2 - 1 day tickets? Seems weird - we’re going Aug 20-21 and 2 individual 1 day tickets are $22 cheaper than getting the 2 day ticket (263 vs 285).

Thank you!
The only real difference is you'll have to get your picture taken both days at the gate. With a 2 day ticket, you'd only have your picture taken once, the first day you scan your ticket. With 2 one day tickets you'll go through that process each day, but it's super fast.

Because 1 day tickets are tiered and multi day tickets are not. Sometimes two 1 day tickets are cheaper than a 2 day ticket. Sometimes even three 1 day tickets are cheaper than a 3 day ticket.

The threshold is if both days you want to go are a tier 3 or higher, then a 2 day ticket is the better value. If one of those days is a tier 0, then it will be cheaper to get 1 day tickets no matter what the other day is.

It is more expensive to add a hopper to a 1 day ticket, though (the above only considers one park per day). For a 1 day it costs an extra $65 to add a hopper to it. It's $60 total for the whole length of a multi day ticket. And no, that's not backwards. $65 for 1 day, $60 total for length of multi day.

So if you were wanting say a hopper for both of those days, it would be cheaper to get the 2 day PH. But yes, those exact days it is cheaper to buy two 1 day, single park tickets. Also still cheaper if you only wanted one of them to be a hopper.

Just need to run the numbers of what you want.
This was great - thank you so much! There will be 4 people in my party, 2 will be doing park hopper and 2 not, so you’re 100% right when I checked the pricing.

This was great - thank you so much! There will be 4 people in my party, 2 will be doing park hopper and 2 not, so you’re 100% right when I checked the pricing.
The two parties who will be park hopping should buy two-day tickets so they don’t have to pay double to park hop.

I just also wanted to point out that park reservations come from different “buckets” for single park tickets and park hoppers. So check that reservations are available for both types of tickets before you make your decision.

August 20 is CHOC Walk in the park which is a very busy day and the following day tends to be busy as well after that event, so I would buy tickets and secure reservations sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
I just looked for ours and it's $88 more to buy 2 - 1 day tickets. That's for Aug. 17/18, so I'm glad I bought a 2 day pass or I would have been annoyed.lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter