1 day yacht club?

potterfanatic

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, just looking for some advice. We’re currently booked for 3 nights at CBR with a separate reservation for CBR for our 4th night because we ended up being able to tack on a day and there were no reservations for the same room type. Our 4th day is going to be a Disney springs/resort day and then we fly home the next evening. Im seriously considering spending the extra $200 to stay at Yacht Club. I have never stayed at either resort and am just curious what those of you who have would do? We are a family of 5 if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

Not sure what time of year you are going, but if you booked at YC, you would able to spend the day at Stormalong Bay on the day you check-in & check-out day.

Most rooms at YC sleep 5 (2 Queens and a daybed)

I wouldn't do it. I think Stormalong Bay is highly overrated. It's basically a regular pool, with a "lazy river" that goes in a circle and a slide that's unique, but gets old around the third time you go down. If I were you, I would keep things easy and spend the day at the CBR pool or spend a little extra and buy tickets for a day at Blizzard Beach.

I personally think split stays are a pain in the neck. I would keep trying to book the same room type at CBR so that hopefully I would be able to stay in the same room. (And tell Disney ahead of time so that the room assigner knows it.)

How much of that day are you going to spend waiting for everybody to get up, pack, eat breakfast, and arrive at YC? I wonder what time you would realistically be at the pool.

I love the YC, it is actually my favorite resort on property and I've stayed at just about all of them. Having said that, I think one of it's huge advantages is the fact that is within walking distance of two parks. If you aren't going to those parks, it might not be worth the hassle and extra money to switch there. Stormalong Bay is fun but frankly I avoid it like the plague when I'm there, it just gets too crowded. I think if I were doing a resort only day and had to switch anyway, I might try AKL, the pool is just so so but the resort is beautiful and you can see the animals from just about everywhere, bonus is it tends to be less than YC.

I love split stays, but would hesitate to book a single night. I did it once at CSR and felt like I didn’t get to experience the Resort because I was barely there. Plus, my room wasn’t ready until almost 7pm and I felt “homeless“ for about 4 hours as I wandered around the Resort’s seating areas and watched my phone battery slowly die. I kept thinking that I’d get a room ready text “any minute now”, so I didn’t want to hop on a bus. By the time I finally got into my room, I was exhausted from doing nothing and decided that I don’t want to deal with the stress of MK at closing time (my original plan, when I assumed that my room would be available at least sometime close to 3pm and I’d get to relax in my room first), so I just stayed in. Then I was out by 11am the next morning and hopping a bus to Epcot. The whole experience soured me on CSR, but if I had stayed for another night or two, then it may have been more balanced. I just don’t think that a single night gives you the chance to settle in enough to really enjoy a Resort. I’ve had very enjoyable 2 night stays at POFQ, GF, and AKL. There’s just something off for me about not having a room for at least one full day.

We have stayed at YC a dozen times, different times of the year, June, September, October, November and December. It is always wonderful. If your plan is to just do a hotel stay with the best pool on property then it’s a no brainer. You can get chairs together if you get there early. It fills up mid afternoon when the parkers are tired and take a break. I disagree with previous posters. The pirate slide never get old, we usually do it six or seven times in a row, take a break then do it again. Sit down near the slide on the beach club side

Hi everyone, just looking for some advice. We’re currently booked for 3 nights at CBR with a separate reservation for CBR for our 4th night because we ended up being able to tack on a day and there were no reservations for the same room type. Our 4th day is going to be a Disney springs/resort day and then we fly home the next evening. Im seriously considering spending the extra $200 to stay at Yacht Club. I have never stayed at either resort and am just curious what those of you who have would do? We are a family of 5 if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

I often find myself struggling with these types of decisions. If your plan is, in fact, to stay at the resort, then yes, I'd say do it. Go Yacht Club. You can do Stormalong Bay, Boardwalk, dip into Epcot for a snack or shopping, etc. But if you really plan to spend your last afternoon at Disney Springs, then I'd say stay at CBR and save your money.

Last edited:
I love split stays, but would hesitate to book a single night. I did it once at CSR and felt like I didn’t get to experience the Resort because I was barely there. Plus, my room wasn’t ready until almost 7pm and I felt “homeless“ for about 4 hours as I wandered around the Resort’s seating areas and watched my phone battery slowly die. I kept thinking that I’d get a room ready text “any minute now”, so I didn’t want to hop on a bus. By the time I finally got into my room, I was exhausted from doing nothing and decided that I don’t want to deal with the stress of MK at closing time (my original plan, when I assumed that my room would be available at least sometime close to 3pm and I’d get to relax in my room first), so I just stayed in. Then I was out by 11am the next morning and hopping a bus to Epcot. The whole experience soured me on CSR, but if I had stayed for another night or two, then it may have been more balanced. I just don’t think that a single night gives you the chance to settle in enough to really enjoy a Resort. I’ve had very enjoyable 2 night stays at POFQ, GF, and AKL. There’s just something off for me about not having a room for at least one full day.

I hear ya on this one. This is probably what had me the most reluctant to make the change. I don’t want to be “homeless” for a good part of the day. But I still have been unable to find the same room type at CBR and we leave in two weeks.

I often find myself struggling with these types of decisions. If you're plan is, in fact, to stay at the resort, then yes, I'd say do it. Go Yacht Club. You can do Stormalong Bay, Boardwalk, dip into Epcot for a snack or shopping, etc. But if you really plan to spend your last afternoon at Disney Springs, then I'd say stay at CBR and save your money.

Yes. Our first day we fly in at 9 am and that won’t be a park day, and our last day we fly out at 9 pm so both of those days will be resort/Disney springs days as well based on working around check in/checkout.

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all your help.

I love Stormalong Bay! We are doing a split stay in April. 3 nights at CSR and 4 at YC. We have stayed at YC and BC before several times. Nothing is nicer than relaxing at Stormalong Bay in one of the hot tubs, lazy river, and especially the feeling of the sand bottom parts of the pools. Pure magic! We Uber/Lyft from resort to resort. If you have too much luggage, you can have bell service send it to the next resort. It just might take a few hours, so be prepared on what you need right away.

Maybe we just go at off times, but I've never seen Stormalong bay crowded. There's a lazy river and basically 4 different pools with a slide, Beaches and Cream is right there - I hope they open the to go window before you go. You can grab a pizza from the pizza window on boardwalk and bring it back to the pool. There's also an elevated area in Stormalong bay that has a pool table. I think you'll find it lives up to the hype.

Beach Club is our favorite resort, but Yacht Club is just about the same thing, I wouldn't hesitate to move for that day. We do splits the easy way, give our luggage to guest services and then head out to a park for the day. If you're really worried about waiting, pack whatever you need to get in the pool and throw it in a locker at the front of whatever park.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter