• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"1 King or 2 Full Bed"

codylamb18

traveling koala
We (2) are staying in a value resort this August and want to know the chances of getting a King bed rather than two full beds. Of course we want one king bed but has anyone ever selected that room and gotten two fulls? Also, what value resorts offer the option? I do not want to book a king room because its more money. I would rather take the chance. Thoughts?

The only way to actually BOOK a king room at a value resort is if you need a handicapped accessible room with a roll in shower (no tub). They have very few of these, so please only book it if you need it like some of us do (my daughter can't stand in a shower, so we need it for her). Of course everything else will be lower for a wheelchair. We got literally the only available one last trip at Pop, so had to deal with pool view first floor (not what we'd like as it was a bit noisy at times, but the others were filled).

There are maybe just a couple of king rooms that don't have a roll in shower, but not many.

The rooms with double beds are pretty nice to me, but if you want a regular king room, you'd do best booking a moderate resort, and booking a king room that way.

I've ended up with a king at Pop before...didn't request it, just got it. Then, at AoA, LM room, my friend and I opened the door and there was a king bed! I turned to her and said "Houston, we have a problem'. We are good friends, but we're not sleeping together!!!! We were able to get a room with doubles.
But, as others already said, if you really want/need a king bed, I would go with a moderate and book that catagory.

Are all king rooms at value handicapped accessible? If they are I'm glad I found his thread so if we decided to stay at a value I won't request one.

We stayed at pop last August and when we checked in we asked how much it would be to upgrade our room. (I always ask that when checking into hotels, you should too) they said we can give you a king for no upcharge so we took it. In the room there was nothing handicap about it. 2nd floor, no roll in shower, etc. The only thing was the retractable shower head which is probably in all the rooms.

I didn't notice it last year the "king or 2 double" rooms that's why I was asking. I have no intent on taking a room away from someone that needs it more.

We stayed at pop last August and when we checked in we asked how much it would be to upgrade our room. (I always ask that when checking into hotels, you should too) they said we can give you a king for no upcharge so we took it. In the room there was nothing handicap about it. 2nd floor, no roll in shower, etc. The only thing was the retractable shower head which is probably in all the rooms.

I didn't notice it last year the "king or 2 double" rooms that's why I was asking. I have no intent on taking a room away from someone that needs it more.

King bed rooms at value resorts are never an upcharge. They just aren't a bookable category.

King bed rooms at value resorts are never an upcharge. They just aren't a bookable category.

We didn't know that at the time. Last year was our first trip to Disney. This August will be our second. We booked last year 38 days before our trip we were kind of in a whirl wind of information. Now I have more time to plan and ask these type of questions.

Are all king rooms at value handicapped accessible? If they are I'm glad I found his thread so if we decided to stay at a value I won't request one.

We have requested king beds at Pop Century and have received handicapped accessible ones and regular rooms with a king bed in it. I have always called to make the request and have them note that we do not need it for medical reasons and we can live with a regular room if others need the room more. So mine is really a simple request and we never expect it and we actually don't even request anything anymore as I'd rather have a room available to us when we get to the resort than have to wait for a king bed room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter