1 night onsite prior to offsite?

Conway733

DIS Veteran
If we stay onsite one night prior to checking into our offsite condo for the week (due to flight schedule, we're arriving a day earlier than our offsite reservation), are we able to add FP+ to our reservation 60 days out? Wasn't sure how that would work, or if it would work?

Yes, you can make FP bookings at 60 days. For the day that you arrive and check in onsite, and the next day, the day you check out..

Unless things have changed since my last trip, you will also be able to make your FP reservations for your other days at 60 days out from each day.

Unless things have changed since my last trip, you will also be able to make your FP reservations for your other days at 60 days out from each day.

The OP's situation is similar to (and the same FP+ rules apply to) the "Throwaway Room" concept.

Read more about it HERE.

Thanks for the information. We'll probably end up staying off-site anyway. Just wondered if there was any benefit.

We too are looking at staying one night on site because our off site condo is only available one day later. Didn't think we would have access to book our full week of FPs at 60 days out. Am I understanding correctly that we would?

Last edited:

I'm staying in a condo off-site for my September trip. I also booked ASMu for my arrival night and was able to book FP+ for all of my days days 60 days out. I did have to do it day by day every evening after the first two.

This just happened to me. We are staying onsite for the first four days of our trip, and offsite for the other 7 days. We bought a 7 day ticket with our hotel as a package. When the 60 day mark came I could only make fastpass reservations for the first four days (including checkin and checkout day) that we are staying at a Disney resort hotel immediately. For the rest of the remaining days I am having to wait until they each individually hit their 60 day marker and then I can make them. But long story short, yes you can make them at 60 days out still.

I called Disney beforehand to verify with them that this is how it works and they told me no, that for anything not falling in the days that I am onsite I will have to wait until the 30 day mark like all other offsite guests to reserve fastpasses. I was very happy to find that this was NOT TRUE!

Hope this helps :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter