1 or 2 days in MK?

Bravefan

Earning My Ears
Booked (but can cancel) a WDW trip to only the MK. Haven't been to that park so would love to go. I can get the time off fast so no issue with that. Id be staying at POP. Do I need 2 days in the MK? Id like to ride almost every ride that I can and have some time for shopping. Those are my biggest priorities!

Also id like to ask: I love the haunted mansion, I was wondering if at the end of the ride does it have a gift shop? Thank you!

Yes, if you wish to ride all attractions in the MK and allow for shopping, you would want to plan 2 days there.

No, the HM does not exit into a gift shop although I’m sure it would be extremely popular if it did!

MK is huge, it has tons of rides, and it’s got Main Street. IMO, it’s everything that WDW is all about, it’s sheer magic, so yes - definitely spend two days

One day always works for me, but I then pick and choose attractions my party is most interested in and skip two of the popular rides that always have long queues -- 7DMT and Peter Pan. And I have been going to the park since 1971, so I have been a ton of times, meaning it's easy for me to make choices and just do 10-12 attractions or so. I really enjoy this park!

With wanting to do every ride (The old time less popular ones are tons of fun to me too - nostalgia) and having plenty of time for shopping, I agree with others to do two days in your situation. Most of the shopping is on MainStreet USA.

And if you don't mind getting up early as you are staying onsite, take advantage of early entry to get a head start of the general public on the attractions. That extra 1/2 hour puts you ahead of the general public and is helpful.

I'd do shopping / browsing mid day pm Mainstreet USA when lines for attractions are the longest. You might be enticed to go into the shops in the morning when you see them, but don't. Get to some attractions in the morning instead when lines are shorter. To save time in lines for more popular attractions, you might want to consider Genie + too.

Have a blast!

Last edited:

Two days minimum. I would say 3-4 days if you can swing that. MK has the most attractions of any WDW park.

Memento Mori is a great gift shop devoted to the Mansion. On our last trip, my aunt got me a glow-in-the-dark HM hat. Very cool item.

I always get park hoppers- are those an option? I find MK to be pretty boring so 2 days would be way more than I would want. But, realistically you probably do need 2 days if you want to ride absolutely everything (esp. if you also want to see some shows). I'd do 2 days but with park hoppers you could leave and experience one of the other parks too.

Id like to ride almost every ride that I can and have some time for shopping. Those are my biggest priorities!
Its highly unlikely you can do that in 1 day. And if you do, you'll spend all day running from one thing to another and not enjoy the experience. I would do 2 days and then you should have no trouble all of it and repeat what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter