• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 Photo package for 2 connecting rooms

If it would be worth it to you (with that number of rooms), as long as one room purchases the full digital package at full price, a second room can purchase at 50% off. Gives you more chances that at least someone from one of two rooms will be in the picture.

Got it - thanks!

Yes, I see that, but it's not the norm. It's not clear from her post whether all the "kids" were minor kids.

If that started happening, I'd be at the Shutters desk to clear it up as soon as I noticed that DH's photos weren't being included. You can check your folder at any time to confirm what photos are in there.

Shutters told me ANY individual adult over 21 in the linked room 2 reguardless of how they are related would not be included. ONLY Minor children (if photographed individually) Thats what happened my individual pictures from 5K didn't get included! Even though it was my husband and my kids ages 7,4,1.

I guess you could argue it, I wasn't about to get all upset over having to buy 1 $20 photo of my 5K metal. I was enjoying vacation.

Honestly, its just another thing I was surprised with when booking 2 Staterooms. Like my husband having to sign an authorization for MY CHILDREN, that I birthed! but happen to be in the connecting stateroom cause we are a family of 5 to go off the boat with me!

Shutters told me ANY individual adult over 21 in the linked room 2 reguardless of how they are related would not be included. ONLY Minor children (if photographed individually) Thats what happened my individual pictures from 5K didn't get included! Even though it was my husband and my kids ages 7,4,1.

I guess you could argue it, I wasn't about to get all upset over having to buy 1 $20 photo of my 5K metal. I was enjoying vacation.

Honestly, its just another thing I was surprised with when booking 2 Staterooms. Like my husband having to sign an authorization for MY CHILDREN, that I birthed! but happen to be in the connecting stateroom cause we are a family of 5 to go off the boat with me!
Yes, the legality of who to allow minor children off the ship with means that a parent, if they happen to be booked in a different room, requires permission from the responsible adult in the child's room to take the child off the ship. That's just how it works. Not just on DCL.

Yes, the legality of who to allow minor children off the ship with means that a parent, if they happen to be booked in a different room, requires permission from the responsible adult in the child's room to take the child off the ship. That's just how it works. Not just on DCL.

Yes, I just thought for everything we do prior to boarding the boat...contract documents, passports, kids club sign ups, etc. Our rooms are already linked...I book all our MG Tickets in one add to cart! We are one table at dinner! If we are linked and on the online checkin contract I can check off who is responsible for my children's charges...WHY do I have to stand in line at GS for an authorization form to take my child off the boat. I agree with the security of it, just the execution of it I just thought it would be...better

We are traveling on the Fantasy next July to celebrate out 40th anniversary. There will be a total of 5 staterooms. My wife and I in one, oldest daughter and boyfriend in one, second oldest daughter, her husband and their 2 daughters in another, 3rd daughter her husband an their daughter in another an finally our adult son and w sons of daughter 2 and the one son of daughter 3. I don't think there will be much reason to worry about our son being the only person in a photo. How does it work w 3 minor children in one room from 2 separate families booked in other rooms? I would think we could buy one package for the 15% discount pre-cruise, and then buy 3 more for the 50% discount once on board (for the three staterooms for our daughters). Sound right?

We are traveling on the Fantasy next July to celebrate out 40th anniversary. There will be a total of 5 staterooms. My wife and I in one, oldest daughter and boyfriend in one, second oldest daughter, her husband and their 2 daughters in another, 3rd daughter her husband an their daughter in another an finally our adult son and w sons of daughter 2 and the one son of daughter 3. I don't think there will be much reason to worry about our son being the only person in a photo. How does it work w 3 minor children in one room from 2 separate families booked in other rooms? I would think we could buy one package for the 15% discount pre-cruise, and then buy 3 more for the 50% discount once on board (for the three staterooms for our daughters). Sound right?
For each 50% off room you must purchase one full package (pre-cruise 15% off price is considered "full price") in another room. One for one.

Whichever room purchases a package, if the adult(s)/parents in that room have minor children in another room, they can link the minor children to their package. And any photos taken with any of those people in them will be included in that package.

At the least, I'd say room #3 (daughter 2, husband, Granddaughters 1 & 2) should buy a package. They can include Grandsons 1 & 2 in their package. And any photos taken that have at least one of those people in them will be included.

Last edited:
How would this work for us...cabin 1 grandma and 2 of my kids, cabin 2 me dh and other child.

So we have mom, dad & 2 minor children in room 1, and Grandma and 2 minor children in room 2. Can Grandma be in picture by herself? Or should we go Mom, Daughter and 2 minor kids, Dad and 2 minor kids?

So we have mom, dad & 2 minor children in room 1, and Grandma and 2 minor children in room 2. Can Grandma be in picture by herself? Or should we go Mom, Daughter and 2 minor kids, Dad and 2 minor kids?

My understanding is that grandma still can not be in picture by herself. Unless you buy the package on the room that has mom, daughter, and 2 minor kids. But then dad can not have a picture by himself.

Hi,

I have a question about how this is charged. If the first cabin books pre-cruise at the full amount, when the second cabin books on the cruise, does the discount get split between the two rooms? Or, does one room pay $400 and one room pay $200? Thanks.

Hi,

I have a question about how this is charged. If the first cabin books pre-cruise at the full amount, when the second cabin books on the cruise, does the discount get split between the two rooms? Or, does one room pay $400 and one room pay $200? Thanks.
If the first room purchases the full digital package precruise, there's a 15% discount on the price. Once onboard a person from each room will go to Shutters with proof of the precruise purchase. The second room had then purchase the full digital package at 50% off the regular onboard price.

For example, if the full package normally costs $400, room one will pay $340 for their package. Room two will pay $200 for their package.

OK, let's see if I got this... My family and My sister's family are broken down like so...

Husband, BIL, Son in room 1
Me, Sister, Sister's Son, Sister's Daughter in room 2

From what I read, I am sure that these photos would be included:

1a. Photos with everyone in the party (all 7 people)
2a. Any photos with my husband in it
3a. Any photos with my son in it
4a. Any photos with my brother-in-law in it

I am also sure that this photo combination would not be included:

1b. Photos with me and/or my sister without anyone from room 1

A little bit of a gray area for me after reading through the thread would be this combo:

1c. Photos with either of my sister's kids with anyone else from room 2 only - can my BIL link his two minor kids (as per their terms and conditions) in room 2 to the picture package given that he is in room 1?

Are my assumptions correct?

Maybe I shouldn't rearrange the occupancy arrangement if 1c canbe done!

If the first room purchases the full digital package precruise, there's a 15% discount on the price. Once onboard a person from each room will go to Shutters with proof of the precruise purchase. The second room had then purchase the full digital package at 50% off the regular onboard price.

For example, if the full package normally costs $400, room one will pay $340 for their package. Room two will pay $200 for their package.

Thank you!

OK, let's see if I got this... My family and My sister's family are broken down like so...

Husband, BIL, Son in room 1
Me, Sister, Sister's Son, Sister's Daughter in room 2

From what I read, I am sure that these photos would be included:

1a. Photos with everyone in the party (all 7 people)
2a. Any photos with my husband in it
3a. Any photos with my son in it
4a. Any photos with my brother-in-law in it

I am also sure that this photo combination would not be included:

1b. Photos with me and/or my sister without anyone from room 1

A little bit of a gray area for me after reading through the thread would be this combo:

1c. Photos with either of my sister's kids with anyone else from room 2 only - can my BIL link his two minor kids (as per their terms and conditions) in room 2 to the picture package given that he is in room 1?

Are my assumptions correct?

Maybe I shouldn't rearrange the occupancy arrangement if 1c canbe done!

Hi -

My understanding is that they would not be included. But I think your better option would be to get the package for room 2. Then the only pictures that would not be included is individual pictures of the 3 people in room 1.

Of course this is all speculative as I have seen Shutters do it one way for one group and another way for a different group.

Then the only pictures that would not be included is individual pictures of the 3 people in room 1.
Well, the son in room one (if a minor) would be included, since mom is in room two. So only the husband of the poster wouldn't be included, apparently.

In the past a nuclear family could include all persons in that family (mom, dad, minor kids) in two rooms. But, if room two was grandma and minor kids of room one, only the kids could be included. Grandma's individual pictures wouldn't be.

Well, the son in room one (if a minor) would be included, since mom is in room two. So only the husband of the poster wouldn't be included, apparently.
But if I'm understanding correctly, the "husband of the poster" is the lead on room 1 (the room purchasing the CD). So anyone in that stateroom will be included. Question is which passengers in stateroom 2 can also be included?
  • The poster (identified as Me in room 2 and understood to be wife of "Husband"/lead guest in room 1 and mother of "son" in room 1).
  • The "Sister" (who is wife of "BIL" in room 1 and mother of both kids in room 2).
  • The 2 kids in room 2 since their father is a non-lead adult guest (BIL) in room 1.
I don't have an answer but I think what it boils down to is how Shutters will handle a reservation with TWO complete families of parents and minor children represented by the purchasing stateroom. It's a slightly different scenario from parents plus kids plus grandparents. I guess the question could be simply stated as "If the purchasing stateroom has 2 adults representing 2 different families, which adult gets to claim their family in another stateroom to be included on the CD?" They may require the 2nd room to purchase using the half-price offer; or they may include everyone.

Maybe someone has experience with this scenario. Or if anyone gets a response from Shutters please report back!

Enjoy your cruise!

Just to confuse things even more... When my parents and I are cruising, we are *technically* a nuclear family but all adults. We do have connecting rooms, but we don't do the packages - instead we'll select a few pictures that we like and get those. Would it be better to hand them my card AND one of my parents' cards if we're doing a group shot? Or just hand them one card and if we like it just purchase duplicates? (I can guarantee you there will be some separate shots as well.)

Just to confuse things even more... When my parents and I are cruising, we are *technically* a nuclear family but all adults. We do have connecting rooms, but we don't do the packages - instead we'll select a few pictures that we like and get those. Would it be better to hand them my card AND one of my parents' cards if we're doing a group shot? Or just hand them one card and if we like it just purchase duplicates? (I can guarantee you there will be some separate shots as well.)
It does specify "minor" children in a separate room as being eligible for inclusion in a different room's package. Not just "children".

I think, if both of the parties in a photo shot want the same photo, you can just give them one card. If you purchase the digital package (not necessarily the full digital, but one of the small ones), you'll get the digital image, and you can have more prints made of it at home. Or just, if purchasing actual prints, you'd just ask for two copies. That's what we did. We bought a 10 print package on one trip, and two of the photos we requested double prints of (so 4 of the 10 prints).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter