1 Week to Go! What am I forgetting?!

DnA2010

Rope Drop!
Hi everyone!

1 week to go till we are back at the Land! Normally I would have planned the heck out of this trip but life has been insane so it is what it is! I feel like I'm vastly under prepared...I also haven't travelled with young kids (we will have 2 x just turned 6 year olds, well actually 1 turns 6 while we are there!) and a 3 year old.

Here's the overall basics-
Flights- We fly in to SNA
Shuttle- Confirmed with MidWilShutte
Tickets- 3 days, 1 park per day (will upgrade to hoppers if needed)
Accom- DVC 2 Bed Villa t GCH!
Park Reso's- DL, DCA, DL
Grocery Order- going in tomorrow with Alebertson's for the basics
Will will probably add Genie + to make life easier

No planned dining reservations on this trip due to only being there 3 days.

So, please throw your tips, last minute ideas, any fun things/special treats/etc etc - our last trip was Dec 2019 and did not include littles.

Type out all your ressie numbers on one page, then take a pic of it and file it in your phone album - create one for DL 2022...so when you need a ressie number, you're not going thru all your emails trying to find it.

Remember your patience, and that you're there to have FUN and make good memories!! Enjoy your trip!! We have 59 more days to go. UGH.

Add plastic straws to your Albertson's order. They only have paper straws and my almost 3 year old went through about 3 per drink if I didn't pull out a plastic bendy straw for her to use.

Fans since it is going to be hot especially for any of the kids that are riding in a stroller.

If your kids are scared of auto flush toilets bring a pad of sticky notes to put on the sensor when they are using the bathroom and then just throw out the piece of paper after. Also the 3 year old can use the baby care center where they have little toddler size toilets.

My daughter had a blast at Redwood Creek Challenge trail just being able to run around without a ton of people around to bump into. It opens at 11 and we got there right when it opened. Chip and Dale also roam around in there and since there was not very many people in there she got to spend lots of time interacting with them.

Regarding upgrading to park hoppers: if you think you want them, upgrade before your first park day. It’s one flat fee. If you add them on the second or third day it’s the same price but you missed out using them the previous days.

Also, they will only allow you to upgrade to park hoppers if reservations are available. It’s complicated to upgrade now with the reservation system in place. Basically, you will lose your previous reservations and have to make new reservations. If reservations are wide open this won’t be a problem, but if they aren’t available for all three days (even if just one day is unavailable) you won’t be able to do this.

Body Glide to rub all over everyone's feet--- heels, bottoms, tops, sides-- anywhere the shoes will touch and rub. This will keep the kids and you from getting any blisters.
Sunscreen

Make sure your tickets appear in your Disneyland app before you get to the parks! They didn't the last time I went with my 7 and 2 year old - some sort of IT snafu - and it was a nightmare.
Seconded on Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. The kids spent hours there and it's so restful and shady. They even made friends!

When my kids were young, Tom Sawyer Island was a great place for a bit of "let them run around" time. We took the raft over. I think it still exists.

Genie+ is worth it, IMO, as long as you remember photopass is included. You can get some really fun photos around the park (not just ride photos). Anytime you see a photographer you can go be photographed. And ask about magic shots. Pics of your little ones holding tinkerbell, etc. are really fun!

Also, be sure to utilize rider swap on rides your little ones are too short for or scared of. https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/rider-switch/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter