1 yr old

jdkdorn

Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member
We are taking our 8yr DD and our 1yr DS on Thursday. The big question is should we use our even-flo backpack or the stroller?

If anyone has used both at the park, what do you think.

Thanks

There will be an awful lot of walking, standing, etc... do yourself, and the child a favor...take the stoller. He/she can nap more comfortably, it will shade the child better, and it will make you/ and whomever else is sharing baby duty less tired.

I have to agree with Eeyore0062, take the stroller. It's still really hot and humid in September. Wearing a backpack will just make you and your baby even hotter.

We used both...bring both! We used the stroller more often, but it was good to have the backpack, too. The stroller was a must when our DD was tired, but the backpack was a good change of pace and easy to manuever with.

If you had to bring one, I'd either bring the backpack and plan on renting a stroller....or just bring the stroller, if you only bring one (better for much needed naps).

I guess that's kind of a wishy washy answer...but I hope it helps!

Stroller is a must but ti was nice w/ our 14mth DD to have the backpack. even though she can walk it's just not a place wear you want your little one to walk. there are a lot of people trying to get to where there going and fast. But the packback is nice if your DS doesn't like to ride in his stroller fro to long and it's much easier for you and dad when you don't have the stroller! We used both of ours a lot!

Just recently back from trip with 17month old DD. We took stroller and sling. My one packing regrett was thr sling! I love using it at home but it was incredibly humid this year at WDW. I had DD in sling for about 30min one morning at MK that was all that I could stand. It was just too hot. I vote for the stroller.

Hi, I just posted a replay on a different thread about my wonderful stroller, but here it is again.

Do both. We have a Instep stroller that is also a back pack (we got it for 50 at Target, but I have seen it for around 70 on line and other places.) We took our DD when is was 8 1/2 months and it was great. However there is a weight limit on it so I would look into it.

It changes from stroller to back pack carrier really easy and is a comforable light weight stroller that does not take up much room. It has a basket under if and a shade that comes of if you don't need it. It hold her more upright then a normal stroller, but she really liked it and was able to sleep in it also (exspecailly when on her dad's back.)

We had a great trip with it and feel it was worth every penny. I hope we can use it again this next trip March 2003, but she might be too big (it still works now, she is 18 months old and 19 pounds.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter