10,000 Steps

tlgoblue

Thankful for Family
I've been trying this 10,000 step thing on and off for a few weeks now. Has anybody else tried this? I wear a pedometer all day and I'm lucky if I get to 6000! That is on the days I go to the gym!
It isn't as easy as one might think. Here is a link explaining this "easy" lifestyle change.

http://www.hmc.psu.edu/ufc/events/articles/steps.htm

Check it out and let me know what you think, and if you have had success with the 10,000 step plan.

Keep the Faith!
Tracy

I do, however not as often as I used to. I used to wear my pedometer every day, but I stopped, now I usually do it on the days I don't work out, Tues, Thurs and the weekends. I work very hard getting my 10,000 steps, and if it is a couple of hours before bedtime and I haven't reached 10,000 I start pacing the floors to increase my steps! Since I am more conscience of my steps I add more to my day, I park farther away from where I need to go, when I am on the phone I pace the floors, I just add as many as possible. On a side note, last weekend we were on vacation and one day I logged in slightly over 20,000 miles, I was exhausted!!

There was a great article in the most recent Good Housekeeping about how to incorporate this into your day. It is the issue with Renee Zellweger (sp??) on the cover...

Where can you get these Pedometers? This sounds like something I would like to try...Is this something I can buy in Walmart??

Thanks

Thanks for the link, Joanne! I am definitely going to get one of these! :)

Thanks! I am going to get me one and give it a try. It will be interesting to see how many steps I actually do take.

Thanks for the link and the reminder, cutie. I need to buy a new pedometer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter