10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I snagged a 2:25 reservation for 4 at the diamond horseshoe, however I didn’t realize it’s the same menu as LTT, so we are going to pass.

please let me know if you want it.

I snagged a 2:25 reservation for 4 at the diamond horseshoe, however I didn’t realize it’s the same menu as LTT, so we are going to pass.

please let me know if you want it.
If you still have it, I'll take try to get it. Just let me know when

So are they really not going to extend the hours for MK on the 1st. I feel like less than 30 days out they would have announced something already.

So are they really not going to extend the hours for MK on the 1st. I feel like less than 30 days out they would have announced something already.

Was wondering the same thing, I am not sure what they are going to do, and will be a bit annoyed if they don’t extend, But nothing would surprise me at this point.

They might just see how it goes day of, and extend at that time. I’ve been in MK before where they did that. It would be nice if they did it ahead of time though.

I have a feeling park hours will definitely get extended. Start time for Enchantment is currently 9p, which is also currently park close. So either Enchantment gets moved up, or park hours get extended. I'm thinking the latter is more likely (but maybe just wishful thinking).

It's not unusual for them to extend 2-3 weeks out. That's about when they've been doing it for the last few years.

Well, I think we're going to go! I've had nine nights at OKW reserved for almost a year, and we've been looking forward to this 50th anniversary trip for so long. But with COVID surging, we'd about decided to cancel. And then... I got COVID two weeks ago. Despite being vaccinated and going nowhere other than work (where masks are required), I still caught the virus. Luckily, my symptoms were minimal. And my husband tested negative throughout my illness - likely because he's had his third dose.

So, I think we're going to go. I've got both vaccine protection and natural immunity now, and his third dose protected him despite being exposed to me. So, Disney World 50th, here we come! We still plan to be cautious (canceled our flights and will drive, not eating indoors, etc), but I'm so excited to be there!

A couple of October 1 Dinner Reservations are available at Diamond Horseshoe.
Thanks! I snagged one just in case we would want it and guaranteed ability to come back into the park. And it’s early enough that we can eat and snag a location for the new fireworks.

If I had to guess, I think closing time will be extended until 11pm that night to help with getting people out of the park. Since nearly everyone will be watching Enchantment on what will probably be MK’s most crowded list Covid day, I cannot imagine what a CF it would be to try and get out.

Just got an ADR for Skippers Canteen for the 1st. I've been trying for a month. We also cancelled our original Skippers ADR on 10/3 because we were able to get a Be Our Guest dinner ADR. I got these through the App and not the website which is as buggy as hell.

I wish we can get some more day of details!! Extended hours, cavalcade times, any special entertainment- are we getting genie+??? Throw us a bone!!!!

Reactions: TAK
I wish we can get some more day of details!! Extended hours, cavalcade times, any special entertainment- are we getting genie+??? Throw us a bone!!!!

the rumor dropped by WDWMagic says Genie+ is dropping “the first week of October”, which to me doesn’t sound like an Oct 1 drop or I think they would have said that. I wonder what lines will be like that day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter