10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I have lunch TS scheduled for Oct 1 and 2 at MK (doing other parks while we are at BWI). If I leave and can't get back in I figure I don't want to be there anyway.

I have a 3:30 Crystal Palace ressie for October 1. Not ideal, but would it guarantee us reentry? It would also get us out of park hopping crowds and highest heat index part of the day. Ultimately, I plan to keep stalking for other reservations. I'm sure people will drop things once they reassess what reservations they made in the hurry up and grab anything phase of booking.

I have a 3:30 Crystal Palace ressie for October 1. Not ideal, but would it guarantee us reentry? It would also get us out of park hopping crowds and highest heat index part of the day. Ultimately, I plan to keep stalking for other reservations.
I think your best bet for re-entry would be to have a park pass reservation at that park for that day. We don't know if they will allow hopping that day. It would certainly be a good day to limit it.

We’re intentionally avoiding Epcot on 10/2 because I feel like everyone and their mother will be doing what you said and Saturday Food & Wine crowds on top of that will make it miserable imo. We plan to walk to the Studios that morning instead, do Rise and a couple of headliners then leave for a breakfast ADR (hoping for Topalino’s or failing that Cape May), and chill the rest of the day. Since we will be at the Dolphin we made a spa appointment at Mandara and will nap/pool the rest of the day. If we go back it’ll be solely for fireworks and we’ll be able to get out with relative ease given our Crescent Lake location. We will not be hitting Epcot in earnest until 10/3 (well besides our arrival day 9/30) since we switch resorts to the Poly that day. Now that they announced the deluxe EMH we will probably be hopping there on 10/4 to take advantage of that.
This is my plan too. I am going to AK on the 2nd and EP the 3rd.

OK - I haven't seen this yet in this thread but I saw on WDW website this morning that Disney Enchantment will be at 9pm and Harmonious will be at 9:45pm starting Oct 1. Figured it was good information for planning.

Thank you. Would they change that time, if they extend park hours. I would like all the information for October 1, so I can plan.

My ADR booking window opened this morning. Although we got everything we wanted I could not get an ADR for any MK dining on 10/1.

Thank you. Would they change that time, if they extend park hours. I would like all the information for October 1, so I can plan.

No, they don’t change fireworks times when they extend park hours. But it does help a lot with dispersing crowds.

We're planning to stay at MK all day and then yes, Epcot the next day for Ratatouille.
Same here, unless there's a soft-opening preview during the week at any point. CM previews start in August so I would expect them to do a few trial runs for guests in September.

For people going to MK on 10/1, are you planning to park hop at all on that day, or are you just doing MK? What’s the plan for the next day? Epcot for Ratatouillle?
We are staying the whole day and night on the first, and going to Epcot on the 2nd. We fly home on the third.
we heard rumors there could be previews before the first, FWIW.

Same here, unless there's a soft-opening preview during the week at any point. CM previews start in August so I would expect them to do a few trial runs for guests in September.
I am really hoping for a passholder preview or some sort of soft opening in September, but I will be out of town for two weeks, so odds are not good that I would be available to go. I actually check out on the second and added an Epcot park pass once I found out when Ratatouille was opening. I would still go to Epcot on the second but would rather not spend the entire day in line for the ride. I will be back in January for a longer trip, so if I get wiped out at MK on the first, I may just cancel my plans for the second and drive home instead. My whole reason for going on the short trip in the first place was to go to MK on the first, so as long as I do that, I am good.

On a whim I just tacked three nights onto my trip so that I can experience the craziness of the MK on the opening day of the 50th! I was able to pick up MK park reservations (resort guest) this morning! Right now I have a split stay-9/30 at Ft Wilderness and 10/1-2 at All Star Music. I’m still going to keep checking to see if I can get all three nights at one or the other but I have to say I was surprised that there was anything in my price range at all!

I’ll be coming over after a four night stay at Portofino Bay at Universal. I’m spending 9/17-26 at Fort Wilderness so don’t really plan on doing much on the 1st, just going to soak it all in. 🤞 that Ratatouille has a soft opening during my first stay.

We also have MK on the 1st and Epcot on the 2nd, but more so for the fireworks. We know Ratatouille from Paris and feel "meh" about it. We certainly wouldn't spend hours in line for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter