• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I'm going back and forth on how to get there from Poly. My first thought was to walkout now I'm thinking we will take the monorail- how early should it be running for a 730 open?
7:00am the monorail will start. Thinking I want to be at the entrance already prior to that on the 10/1 morning.

For anyone there now are the normal size 50th backpacks in stock at the Emporium? We want to get one to use for our trip first thing when we arrive, we arrive tomorrow morning.

For anyone there now are the normal size 50th backpacks in stock at the Emporium? We want to get one to use for our trip first thing when we arrive, we arrive tomorrow morning.

We bought one Friday night at Boo Bash. Haven’t been back to check since then, though. There weren’t any at WOD at DS yesterday, though.

We are staying at GF and walking over at 6:30am
So are we! We will see you on the walkway!! Planning on 6:30 a.m. too. (When I called guest services on Friday, CM said that was the earliest they would have the walkway open for us but @disneydent says above he is planning on 5 a.m. Could they open it sooner? )

Anyone else as addicted to checking wait times as I am? I know today isn’t going to be comparable to Friday, but I expected a lot of anniversary people to check in over the weekend. Those times are shockingly low today!

A reservation guarantees it!
I spoke with a CM on Saturday who told me that having a park pass reservation for the day does not guarantee entry since they are expecting the park to hit capacity. She recommended getting to MK early and not leaving. I am going to Epcot tonight and am planning on stopping by guest services for another opinion!

I’m sorry, but that would be ridiculous. The whole point of the reservation system is to have availability up until park capacity is reached, so everyone with a reservation should already be counted. The only question is how park hopping affects things, and people in here have received mixed responses from various cast members. Unfortunately since this is the first day the parks will be hitting capacity since covid, who knows what mixed messaging is going on behind the scenes? I would personally not risk it once park hopping starts (even though our park passes on MDE says park open to close), but I would be absolutely livid if I arrived at say, noon or after a late morning breakfast ADR or whatever, with a park pass and not allowed in.

I’m sorry, but that would be ridiculous. The whole point of the reservation system is to have availability up until park capacity is reached, so everyone with a reservation should already be counted. The only question is how park hopping affects things, and people in here have received mixed responses from various cast members. Unfortunately since this is the first day the parks will be hitting capacity since covid, who knows what mixed messaging is going on behind the scenes? I would personally not risk it once park hopping starts (even though our park passes on MDE says park open to close), but I would be absolutely livid if I arrived at say, noon or after a late morning breakfast ADR or whatever, with a park pass and not allowed in.
Agreed! After 2pm I’m not so sure but prior I doubt they aren’t letting people with reservations in.

I totally agree!! My response to the CM was isn’t my park pass reservation essentially holding my spot for the day? Her response was yes, but only until when/if the park reaches capacity then I could be turned away as there wouldn’t be room for me. I am really hoping the CM was just confused, hence why we are going to ask again tonight. I will report back on what Epcot CMs say.

I totally agree!! My response to the CM was isn’t my park pass reservation essentially holding my spot for the day? Her response was yes, but only until when/if the park reaches capacity then I could be turned away as there wouldn’t be room for me. I am really hoping the CM was just confused, hence why we are going to ask again tonight. I will report back on what Epcot CMs say.
That makes 0 sense. Why is it holding your spot for the day only until 2?

Why are folks heading over at 5/5:30??? From the Contemporary, I was thinking 6:30-7.
What are you standing in line for to get to so early?
Getting a Photopass w/ the castle is about my only 'I need to do' in the morning.

I am expecting them to open a bit earlier than posted - there was a good post for how they do Early Morning access after the first one. They let everyone in for Mainstreet prior to the early opening - and shops are open. TO EVERYONE. Then there will be rope drops over by each area - for Fantasyland & Tomorrowland, they check your resort before letting you through for the early access.

The time I'm missing is what time will the Welcome Show be? I assume before they let folks through to Main Street.

I have no idea! I am hoping I just found a confused CM. I’m local, so I will definitely be asking around over the next few days. I was under the impression that as long as you have a park pass reservation you were good to get in.

Why are folks heading over at 5/5:30??? From the Contemporary, I was thinking 6:30-7.
What are you standing in line for to get to so early?
Getting a Photopass w/ the castle is about my only 'I need to do' in the morning.

I am expecting them to open a bit earlier than posted - there was a good post for how they do Early Morning access after the first one. They let everyone in for Mainstreet prior to the early opening - and shops are open. TO EVERYONE. Then there will be rope drops over by each area - for Fantasyland & Tomorrowland, they check your resort before letting you through for the early access.

The time I'm missing is what time will the Welcome Show be? I assume before they let folks through to Main Street.
I think I saw welcome show at 7:55

I am planning on leaving the contemporary around 630 as well. Hopefully my group is ready!

I think because at 2:00 they start allowing entry to park hoppers if capacity allows. If you’re not in the park, that spot may allow for someone to hop into the park, essentially taking your spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter